Elizabeth Ann Hanks Biography
Sun Sign: Taurus
Also Known As: Liz
Born in: Los Angeles, California, United States
Famous as: Actress
father: Tom Hanks
mother: Samantha Lewes
siblings: Chester Marlon (Step-brother), Colin Hanks (Elder Brother), Truman Theodore (Step-brother)
U.S. State: California
City: Los Angeles
education: The Archer School for Girls, University of St. Andrews
Elizabeth Ann Hanks is an American writer and actress. She is associated with several editorials including the politically liberal American news and opinion website ‘The Huffington Post’. Better known in the publishing industry as EA Hanks, Elizabeth also served the literary review journal ‘Los Angeles Review of Books’ (LARB) as the Children’s Editor. Apart from her own professional endeavours, Elizabeth has also garnered attention since her childhood as daughter of famous American actor and filmmaker, Tom Hanks, and his ex-wife, Samantha Lewes. Inspired by her father’s brilliant and award winning performances, she forayed into acting. Her acting pursuits Academy Award winning American comedy-drama film ‘Forrest Gump’ starring her father Tom; Tom Hanks directed American musical comedy-drama film ‘That Thing You Do!’, and in the short drama film, ‘Anchoraged’ among others. Her parents parted ways while she was quite young and later she lost her mother. She is quite close to her step-mother, Rita Wilson, who adopted her and her brother officially and along with her two step-siblings, the Hanks family seemed to live a happy life together.
- Elizabeth has garnered attention since her childhood as the only daughter of famous actor and filmmaker Tom Hanks. Both her parents including her mother, Samantha Lewes, being actors, helped her get an up close view of the entertainment world. Since her childhood, she got quite accustomed with the glitz, glamour, paparazzi and media attention that comes the way of any superstar kid. Her father is an accomplished award-winning actor and filmmaker whose burgeoning career over the years saw him essaying several comedic and dramatic film roles. His brilliant performances not only earned him several awards including Oscars, Golden Globe, People's Choice Award and Screen Actors Guild Award among others. Some of his notable films include ‘A League of Their Own’ (1992), ‘Philadelphia’ (1993), ‘Forrest Gump’ (1994), ‘Saving Private Ryan’ (1998), ‘You've Got Mail’ (1998) and ‘The Da Vinci Code’ (2006). Motivated by her father’s dedication and pursuits in the field, Elizabeth followed footsteps of her parents and forayed into acting as a young girl.
- She essayed the role of a girl on the school bus who does not allow young version of Forrest played by Michael Conner Humphreys to sit next to her in the award winning 1994 American blockbuster comedy-drama film ‘Forrest Gump’ that starred her father in the titular role. The directional debut of Tom Hanks, ‘That Thing You Do!’, an American musical comedy-drama film that saw him doubling-up as writer, director and actor, released on October 4, 1996 and became a commercial success. The film featured Elizabeth, her brother, Colin, and her step-mother, Rita Wilson, in cameos with the former playing a "Bored Girl in Dress Shop". She portrayed the role of Paula in the 2015 short drama film, ‘Anchoraged’ written and directed by Michael Lawson.
- Apart from her acting pursuits, Elizabeth has also thrived in creating a position for herself in the American publishing industry as an accomplished writer. Better known as EA Hanks in the world of publishing, she delves into writing articles for different editorials which include ‘The Huffington Post’ where she also served as an associate news editor. She also worked in the capacity of Children’s Editor at the ‘Los Angeles Review of Books’.
- Elizabeth Ann Hanks was born on May 17, 1982, in Los Angeles, California, US to Tom Hanks and his first wife Samantha Lewes. Her elder brother, Colin Lewes Hanks, who was born on November 24, 1977, also grew up to be an actor and filmmaker like their father.
- Her parents parted ways in 1987 following which her father married actress Rita Wilson in 1988. She has two step-brothers from her father’s second marriage, Chester, born in 1990, and Truman, born in 1995.
- She graduated from The Archer School for Girls, located in Brentwood, California, in June 2001. She pursued higher education from the University of St. Andrews, Scotland. On March 12, 2002, she lost her mother who was suffering from bone cancer. After her mother’s death, Elizabeth and her brother Colin were officially adopted by Rita with whom she shares a great bond. She has also promoted songs of Rita on her social media handles.
- Elizabeth is a foodie and also a basketball enthusiast who plays the game whenever she finds time. She says it keeps her fit, healthy and sexy. So far she has remained silent about her private life and romantic associations.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed