Diora Baird Biography
Diora Baird is an American actress who had a successful run as a model before entering Hollywood. The Miami-born girl moved to Los Angeles, California, to pursue a modelling career at the young age of 17. After finding fame as a model, Baird began appearing in small roles in movies and TV series. After that, she bagged the character of Vivian in the popular movie ‘Wedding Crashers.’ She continued her career by starring in small but important roles in several television series. Some of her regular TV appearances were in the series ‘Shameless’ and ‘Angel from Hell.’ She acted in many other box office hits including ‘Accepted’, ‘The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning’, ‘My Best Friend’s Girl’, ‘Transit’ and ‘Beautiful Girl.’ She also lent her voice to the character of Jessica in the video game ‘Scarface: The World is Yours.’
- Just like millions of kids and teenagers across the world, Diora Baird also wished to become a star as a child. She left home to pursue her artistic dreams. Initially, she struggled to survive in the entertainment industry; however, her good looks ensured that she got a breakthrough in modelling and was featured in glamour magazines. She then acted in television series, some of which were super hits, while others were not. She was part of TV series like ‘The Drew Carey Show’ and ‘Deep Down in Florida’ in 2004. However, she became popular only in 2005 when she essayed the role of Vivian in the movie ‘Wedding Crashers.’ In the same year, she also acted in other short movies, including ‘Fiasco’ as Tiffy, and in ‘If Love Be Blind’ as Isabel. She was busy essaying several roles in many television series, movies and video games in 2006. She played Brianna in ‘South Beach’ (TV series), Tuesday Blackwell in ‘Hot Tamale’ (Film), Penelope in ‘Vegas, Baby’ (Film), Tiffany in ‘Fifty Pills’ (Film), Kiki in ‘Accepted’ (Film), Bailey in ‘The Texas Chain Massacre: The Beginning’ (Film). She also lent her voice for Jessica, the femme fatale character in the video game, ‘Scarface: The World is Yours.’
- Baird guest starred in various television series between 2006 and 2009, including ‘Big Day’, ‘Shark’, ‘South of Heaven’ and ‘Two and a Half Men.’ She played main roles in a few movies, but had small and important roles in a lot of movies. She essayed the role of Rachel in ‘My Best Friend’s Girl in 2008, Nadine in ‘Stan Helsing’ and Lily Thompson in ‘Night of the Demons’ in 2009. The year 2010 was a good one for Baird. She featured in the star cast in many movies like ‘Hot Tub Time Machine’, ‘Let the Game Begin’, ‘30 Days of Night: Dark Days’, ‘Love Shack’ and ‘Dry Run.’ In this year, she also played a small but important role of Lainie McCallum in the episode ‘Witness’ in the ever-popular television series ‘Law & Order: Special Victims Unit’. She also acted in the web series: ‘Tea Party Macabre’ in 2010.
- In 2011, Baird acted as Nicole in the TV series ‘Psych’ in the episode ‘The Tao of Gus’ and as Janine in the movie ‘Last Call. Her role as Arielle in the 2012 movie ‘Transit’ was well received by moviegoers. It was also the year when she was appreciated for her performances as Natalie in the ‘Smitten’ episode of the TV series ‘Bent’. Her recurring role of Meg in four episodes of ‘Shameless’, which continued through 2013, was also well-received. In 2014, her TV roles included playing Cindy Maloney in ‘Franklin and Bash’, Odessa in ‘Beautiful Girl’ and Jennifer/Ashley in ‘Newsreaders.’ In 2016, she acted as Marie Wilson in the TV series ‘Telenovela’, but it was her performance in the recurring role of Brandi in another TV show called ‘Angel from Hell’ that earned her praise and recognition. Her performance in the web series ‘Cobra Kai’ in 2018 was also appreciated. Currently, she is filming for the movie ‘The Missing Sister’, in which she is playing the role of Collette.
- Diora Baird appeared in a few music videos, including the 2007 track ‘Au Natural’ by Royalush and the 2011 video ‘Howlin’ for You’ by The Black Keys. In 2011, she also featured in ‘This Party Took a Turn for the Douche’ by Garfunkel and Oates; and in ‘Out of Goodbyes’ by Maroon 5, featuring Lady Antebellum.
- Diora Lynn Baird was born on April 6, 1983 in Miami, Florida. she married her longtime boyfriend Jonathan Togo in 2013, but they divorced three years later. They have a son together. After coming out as a lesbian in 2017, she began dating comedian Mav Viola. They got engaged on December 29, 2017.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed