Demetrius Harmon Bio
A tall and gangly guy who is of high school age and has a sense of humor that might put some veteran comedians on high alert, Demeterius Harmon a.k.a. Meech who goes by the handle Meechon Mars is one of the very first guy that comes to your mind. A Vine celebrity turned YouTuber, he shot into social media through his short videos posted on Vine. From vlogs to skits, his content is refreshingly original and is completely devoid of any attempt to offend or belittle anyone. Meech is one of those individuals who seems to have a keen eye open to his surrounding and is acutely aware of the goings on of the things happening around the world. That, precisely, proves to be Meech’s strong points as an actor/comedian. His skits and vlogs are both a source of inspiration as well as entertainment to millions of fans across various social media platforms.
- Demetrius found his passion for acting when he was just a teen. He started out by doing small funny skit videos and uploading them to Vine, a short video uploading platform. Very soon his witty content captured the attention of viewers and the number of viewers on his Vines began to climb up. He started uploading videos quite regularly from then on and came up with hilarious skits, naughty pranks and funny reactions to random things. Very soon he amassed a huge fan following on Vine with millions of people viewing his videos.Recommended Lists:
- When Vine closed its doors, Meech shifted to YouTube. He kept his format short like those required for Vine, but also started a personal Vlog. Very soon Meech had found success. His impression of how Jay Z reacted the first time when he heard Beyonce sing is downright hilarious. He took everyday issues that high school students face on a regular basis and put his humorous twist on them to turn them into skits.Recommended Lists:
- He won a Shorty Award in 2016 for his six second short video uploads in Vine. He also has his own clothing line called ‘The Golden Life Clothing’ which focuses on sporty casual style like t-shirts with slogans and messages, hoodies and sports jacketsalong with baseball caps.Recommended Lists:
- Although through his skits Meech appears to be this gregarious, fun-loving and loud guy, in real life he is quite the opposite. He is the quintessential introvert who is shy and soft-spoken. The one with and easy and infectious grin, Meech is quite clearly not your average teenager who lives life only on the fringes.
- Very recently he came out in his vlog and talked openly about battling depression. The reason he points out is the extreme pressure he’s had to endure through bullying on social media. He also released a short titled ‘Be Happy’ on 18th September, 2016, where he detailed his struggle with depression and even his battle with suicidal intentions. After his video became widely circulated around social media, Meech expressed his intentions to carry forward the message, ‘Be Happy’ to his clothing line and raise awareness about vocalizing one’s mental health problems. He declares “I hope it goes viral, many things go viral but I need this to go viral to educate the world about mental illnesses. I hope it gives other people hope. I hope it makes parents take their children seriously when they say they’re depressed.”
- Demetrius was born on March 1, 1998 at Detroit, Michigan, USA. He is certainly experimental with his looks, sporting some beard sans a moustache along with a sparkly diamond nose pin coupled with diamond stud earrings. His style is lazy casual with baggy hoodies and jeans. He is currently dating fellow high-schooler, Taylor Harmony. He admits that Tupac Shakur is his greatest inspiration when it comes to his aspirations for his own career.
- Demetrius had started his clothing line The Golden Life Clothing when he was 13 years old.
Demetrius Harmon Fans Also Viewed