Dylan Geick Bio
Dylan Geick is a wrestler, social media star, and author, who made headlines in May 2016 after coming out as gay. While confessing about one’s sexuality may seem common, it is definitely rare for a school-going wrestler to come out the way Dylan did. Since he was brave enough to come out, without fearing much about his superlative wrestling career, a popular website, ‘Outsports,’ came up with an article about him, which made him an internet sensation almost immediately. With more than 594,000 followers on his Instagram page and over 129,000 subscribers on his YouTube channel, Dylan is one of the fastest growing internet stars. Apart from being an awesome wrestler and social media sensation, Dylan Geick is also a published author, currently working on his first novel.
- Dylan Steven Geick was born on September 9, 1998 in Illinois, United States of America. He was raised by his parents, Kelly Bauer and Steve Geick. He spent his childhood along with his siblings, Johnna and Mason.Recommended Lists:
- He was enrolled at ‘Adlai E. Stevenson High School’ in Lincolnshire, Illinois, where he became a part of his school’s wrestling team. Though Dylan knew about his sexuality, he was reluctant to speak about it, fearing that it might affect his wrestling career.Recommended Lists:
- In May 2016, his school friends were talking about one of their schoolmates who had come out as gay, and when one of Dylan’s friends jokingly asked him when he was planning to come out, Dylan surprised his friends by saying, “Right now, I guess.”Recommended Lists:
- Since it is not common for a wrestler to come out as gay, news about Dylan’s sexual orientation spread like wildfire. Fortunately for Dylan, his wrestling teammates accepted him for who he is. Dylan was also appreciated for his bravery, and as a result he started gaining prominence as a social media star.
- Dylan became popular on social media when a website called ‘Outsports’ published an article about him. Within a week, Dylan’s Instagram account added 8,000 followers and the number of his YouTube subscribers too, increased.
- While his Instagram page currently has more than 594,000 followers, his self-titled YouTube channel has over 129,000 subscribers. He usually posts fitness videos and adventure vlogs on his YouTube channel, which was created on August 9, 2012.
- He is also popular on various other social media platforms like Twitter, Twitch and YouNow. While his Twitter account has more than 53,000 followers, his YouNow channel currently has over 52,000 fans.
- When it comes to his wrestling career, Dylan has an impressive high school record as he was one of the finest wrestlers in his school. He participated at the ‘Illinois State Wrestling Championship’ and placed fourth on a couple of occasions.
- He also represented the ‘Illinois Freestyle National Team’ thrice and was part of the ‘Outsiders AAU Team.’ He then placed fourth in the ‘IHSA State Wrestling Tournament’ and also participated in the famous ‘Ivy League.’
- Dylan is also an author, whose collection of poetry called ‘Early Works’ was successfully published. He is currently working on his maiden novel, which is set in the 1800s. He is a huge fan of Cormac McCarthy and H. P. Lovecraft.
- Thanks to his popularity and chiseled body, Dylan has also worked as a model for a luxury fitness company called ‘Equinox Fitness.’ His name was included in Equinox’s list of ‘8 Humans Who Committed to Something in 2017.’
- Dylan was in a relationship with Grant Mower, one of his schoolmates from ‘Stevenson High School.’ In 2017, he started dating Jackson Krecioch, who is a famous social media star with more than 483,000 subscribers on his YouTube channel.
- Dylan loves music and can also play the piano. He also loves going on adventure trips and often goes on road trips, along with his friends. His YouTube channel has many Motovlogs, which showcases his bike handling skills.
- Being a wrestler, Dylan is a fitness freak, which is pretty apparent in his photographs and videos. He is currently a freshman at ‘Columbia University’ and lives in New York City, along with his boyfriend and pet dog.
Dylan Geick Fans Also Viewed