Pierre David Guetta, better known as just David Guetta, is a world famous music producer and a house music DJ who has shared the limelight with many of the movers and shakers of the music industry. Some of his collaborations include songs like ‘Sexy Chick’ with Akon, ‘Titanium’ and ‘She Wolf’ with the Australian singer Sia, Usher and ‘Where Them Girls At’ performed with rapper Flo Rida. This very talented DJ was born in Paris in France and got into working as a DJ in the 1980’s. In those days, he would play at night clubs which he kept doing till he released his first album in 2002, prior to which he co-founded Gum Productions in 2001.. His ventures in the international music scene were initiated by a chance meeting with Robert Owens, the Americal Rhythm & Blues and House singer, at one of Guetta’s performances. One of his biggest hits has been the song ‘I Gotta Feeling’ which he mixed for the Black Eyed Peas. His latest adventure has been his latest album ‘Nothing but the Beat’ and its followup, ‘Nothing but the Beat 2.0’. There is also a documentary that has been made on this talented musician; it’s called ‘Nothing But the Beat’ and it captures his journey to fame. David Guetta’s life has been very interesting; to say the least, so let’s take a look his biography and explore his life in a little more detail.
- David Guetta was born on the 7th of November 1967 in Paris, to a father who was of Moroccan Jewish decent and a mothers who was a Belgian.He discovered house music while he was working in a gay club, which prompted him to explore the newly developed form a bit more by studying what was happening in the United States with regards to this new style.From the very beginning, he was of the opinion that this new style of music will take the world by storm. His earliest experiments with house music were with acid house which had just arrived in France but was not very popular.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- He met, gospel singer, Chriss Willis in the year 2001, with whom he later collaborated on the songs ‘Love Is Gone’ and ‘Getting Over You’, which also featured artists LMFAO and Fergie.David Guetta released his first album in the year 2002 which he named ‘Just a Little More Love’. This album was released soon after he successfully co-founded Gum Productions.Between 2004 and 2007 he released two albums, Guetta Blaster and Pop Life. The second album contained the song ‘Delirious’ which he performed with Tara McDonald, which was received very well and became a hit.Between January and July of 2008, he went on a world tour, to promote his new album. During this tour he performed with the French rapper JoeyStarr in January and later, in July, played at the event ‘Unighted’, in Paris, where he played with the world famous DJ Tiesto.In August of 2009 he released yet another studio album which he titled ‘One Love’. It was his fourth album and was followed by the release of the singles ‘When Love Takes Over’ with Kelley Rowland and ‘Sexy Bitch’ (aka Sexy Chick) with Akon, both of which topped UK charts at the No 1 position.June 16th 2009 was the date when the song ‘I Gotta Feeling’ was released. The song was performed by The Black Eyed Peas and mixed by David Guetta.On 30 August 2011 he released his new album, ‘Nothing But The Beat’ which was later re-released as ‘Nothing But The Beat 2.0’ on the 7th of September 2012.He was involved in the writing and production of, Rihanna's album ‘Unapologetic’ which was released on 19th November 2012. David also featured in the album.Continue Reading BelowMajor Works
- His third album, ‘Pop Life’, which was released in 2007 enjoyed tremendous success in the UK and in Europe. It sold over 530000 copies and was at the No 1 position on the Billboard Hot 100.One of his biggest successes is the song ‘I Gotta Feeling’ which became the No 1 song on the charts of multiple countries soon after its release.Awards & Achievements
- It was in 2008 that he got the official crown of “Best House DJ” which was awarded to him by DJ Awards.A year later, in 2009, the magazine ‘Top 100 DJs’ conducted a poll, the results of which placed David Guetta at the No 3 spot.In 2011 his album, ‘One Love’, managed to sell over three million copies in a span of two years and also bagged a nomination for Best Electronic/Dance Album at the 52nd Grammy Awards.He has also won two Grammy’s in the years 2010 and 2011 for Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical.In 2012, he won the coveted American Music Award for the category Favorite Electronic Dance Music.Personal Life & Legacy
- In 1990 he married Cathy Guetta, the couple has been together ever since. Cathy manages night clubs and is actively involved in David’s professional life too. They have two children Tim Elvis Eric and Angie, who were born in 2004 and 2007, respectively.Trivia
- The song ‘I Gotta Feeling’ has been awarded the title of ‘The Most Downloaded Song Ever’ in the US because it was downloaded about 7.5 million times in the US alone.The song ‘When Love Takes Over’ was originally an instrumental. The lyrics were added only when Kelley Rowland heard the tune the first time and loved it.
2011 Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical Winner 2010 Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical Winner
How To CiteArticle Title- David Guetta BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/david-guetta-5260.phpLast Updated- September 15, 2017
People Also Viewed