Dagen McDowell Biography
Sun Sign: Capricorn
Also Known As: Mary Dagen McDowell
Born in: Brookneal, Campbell County, Virginia, United States
Famous as: News Anchor
Spouse/Ex-: Jonas Max Ferris (2005–present)
U.S. State: Virginia
education: Wake Forest University
Dagen McDowell is an American business news anchor who is currently associated with the ‘Fox Business Network.’ She is also a business correspondent for ‘Fox News Channel.’ After procuring a bachelor’s degree in art history, McDowell began her career as a financial journalist with the newsletter division of the magazine ‘Institutional Investor.’ She worked as a business contributor for the radio show ‘Imus in the Morning.’ Before starting her TV career, McDowell worked for the magazine ‘SmartMoney’ and the website ‘SmartMoney.com.’ She also wrote a personal column called ‘Dear Dagen’ for the website ‘TheStreet.com.’ After joining the ‘Fox’ network, McDowell co-hosted the show ‘Mornings with Maria’ on ‘Fox News Network.’ She currently continues to host the show. McDowell is regularly seen on the business talk show ‘Your World with Neil Cavuto.’ She hosts the daily show ‘Markets Now’ on the ‘Fox Business Network.’ McDowell was a weekly panelist for the business analysis program ‘Cashin’ In.’ She is a prominent part of other business and news shows, such as ‘Cavuto on Business,’ ‘Bulls and Bears,’ ‘Outnumbered,’ and ‘The Five.’ She is married to Jonas Max Ferris, who is also an economic analyst for ‘Fox News.’
- Dagen McDowell was born Mary Dagen McDowell, on January 7, 1969, in Campbell County, Virginia. Her family is of Irish descent. Her parents attended the ‘University of Virginia.’ Not much is known about her family. McDowell has a brother who lives in Virginia.
- As a youngster, McDowell had an affinity for cars. While in high school and college, she drove a ‘Ford Bronco.’ At the age of 16, she took her driving test in a ‘Ford F150.’ She loved ‘NASCAR’ racing. She graduated with a bachelor’s degree in art history from the ‘Wake Forest University.’
- Before venturing into her journalism career, Dagen McDowell worked as an attendant at a dressing room. She also sold beer at a golf course. Later, she started her career as a financial journalist with the newsletter division of the magazine ‘Institutional Investor.’
- Before making her entry into TV anchoring, McDowell worked for the magazine ‘SmartMoney.’ It was a magazine that dealt with personal business, published by the ‘Wall Street Journal.’ She contributed to the website ‘SmartMoney.com’ too. She wrote a personal finance column titled ‘Dear Dagen’ for the website ‘TheStreet.com,’ through which she clarified the doubts put forward by her readers.
- Since 2003, McDowell has been working as a business correspondent with ‘Fox News Channel.’ She is a regular guest on the news and business talk show ‘Your World with Neil Cavuto.’ It is a show that is aired on weekdays on ‘Fox News Channel.’ The show covers several aspects, such as the movement of the stock market through the day and the political and other factors that may affect the stock prices.
- In September 2007, she began working as an anchor with the ‘Fox Business Network.’ McDowell is an anchor on the show ‘Markets Now’ on the network. It is a daily business program that is aired from 11 am to 3 pm on weekdays. McDowell appears in the 11 am to12 pm time slot.
- McDowell was seen as a weekly panelist on the show ‘Cashin’ In.’ It was a business analysis program. The show had a section named ‘Cashin’ In Challenge,’ wherein every panelist was handed over some cash to deal in the securities market. McDowell won the “challenge” for three consecutive years, 2013, 2014, and 2015. She defeated three other panelists, all of whom were professional money managers.
- McDowell served as a panelist on the business analysis show ‘Cavuto on Business.’ She was a business contributor on the radio show ‘Imus in the Morning.’ It was a long-running show hosted by Don Imus. McDowell also appears as a semi-regular panelist on the daytime news and talk show ‘Outnumbered.’ It has four female panelists and a male panelist, discussing the events of the day.
- McDowell also appeared on the American talk show ‘The Five,’ which discussed current stories, political issues, and pop culture. In 2016, she took over as the host of the business analysis program ‘Bulls and Bears,’ which was previously hosted by Brenda Buttner.
- McDowell currently co-hosts the show ‘Mornings with Maria.’ It is an opinion, news, and business program being aired on the ‘Fox Business Network.’ Maria Bartiromo is the lead anchor of the show. She is also a regular guest on the show ‘Hannity.’ It is a political talk show hosted by Sean Hannity.
- McDowell is married to Jonas Max Ferris. He is an investment advisor and works for ‘Fox News’ as an economic analyst. The couple met on the channel when they were chosen to counter each other’s arguments on a show about mutual funds. They got married in 2005. They are not known to have any children. They own a pet Chihuahua named Ramon.
- McDowell was married to another person before she met Max Ferris. She divorced her first husband later. His identity is still hidden from the public. McDowell is a fan of the American football team ‘Washington Redskins.’ She loves music, too. Some of her favorite songs are ‘The Weight,’ ‘Rock & Rock,’ and ‘Natural Forces.’
How To Cite
People Also Viewed