Sun Sign: Aquarius
Born in: Rockford, Illinois, United States
Famous as: Journalist
Height: 1.65 m
Spouse/Ex-: Scott Norby (m. 2000)
father: Peter W. Nauert
U.S. State: Illinois
Net worth: $3 Million as of Mar 6, 2017
Heather Ann Nauert is an American journalist serving as the spokesperson for the United States Department of State since April 2017. Previously, she was a New York-based anchor and correspondent at the Fox News Channel where she was responsible for breaking news on the top-rated US morning cable news show. A former co-host of ‘Fox & Friends’ and ‘Fox & Friends First,’ and network correspondent for ‘ABC News,’ she has also solo anchored programs on Fox Channel, and has contributed to almost every news platform, even on radio and internet. She is especially skilled at covering critical global and domestic issues and interviewing senior government and military officials. She has received praise for traveling to battleground states and reporting on the presidential primaries and elections. She also reported live from Republican and Democratic conventions, presidential debates, and the inauguration. Nauert traveled extensively for breaking news stories in the United States and abroad while she was at ABC News. She has also served as a term member of the Council on Foreign Relations. Prior to working as a journalist, she served as a health insurance consultant in Washington, DC.
- Heather Ann Nauert was born on January 27, 1970 in Rockford, the third largest city in the US state of Illinois. Her father, Peter Nauert, was an executive in the insurance industry. She has three brothers: Justin, Jonathan, and Joseph.She attended Pine Manor College, a private liberal arts college in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts. It was a women-only college till 2014.She then earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in communications from Mount Vernon College for Women in Washington, D.C. It merged with George Washington University in 1999, and is now known as the Mount Vernon Campus of The George Washington University.She also earned a master's degree in Journalism from Columbia University, a private research university in Upper Manhattan, New York City.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Prior to working as a journalist, Heather Nauert worked as a government affairs consultant on issues like Social Security, health insurance, and taxes. She was also a member of the Council on Foreign Relations in New York City, a US nonprofit think-tank that specialized in US foreign policy and international affairs.In 1996, she joined First Business, a nationally syndicated financial news and analysis television program, produced by First Business Network LLC, a subsidiary of Weigel Broadcasting in Chicago. She served as a reporter on the syndicated weekly business program.In 1998, she joined Fox News Channel, an American basic cable and satellite television news channel owned by the Fox Entertainment Group. She served the channel for seven years—the first three years as a contributor, and the next four as a correspondent.As a correspondent with the Fox News Channel, she regularly contributed to ‘The Big Story,’ a news/talk television program that started airing in 2000 on the Fox News Channel. She served as a host along with John Gibson.As the news anchor on Fox News Channel’s morning show ‘Fox & Friends’ and ‘Fox & Friends First’, she covered foreign and domestic news and events including some significant ones like the 9/11 attacks and the Iraq War. She also covered the election. She left Fox Channel in 2005. Celebrity Net Worth estimated that she was earning $500,000 a year from Fox News.In 2005, she joined Los Angeles bureau of ABC News, the news division of the American Broadcasting Company, owned by the Disney Media Networks division of the Walt Disney Company. During her two years’ service at ABC News, she held the position of a general assignment correspondent, and contributed to ‘World News Tonight,’ ‘Good Morning America,’ and ‘Nightline.’ She left ABC News in 2007.In 2007, she rejoined Fox News Channel as the co-host of the weekday edition of ‘The Big Story’ with John Gibson.Continue Reading BelowNauert hosted the newscasts ‘Good Day Early Call’ and ‘Good Day New York Wake Up’ with co-anchor Steve Lacy on weekday mornings for WNYW, the flagship station of the Fox Television Network in New York City. In October 2012, she left ‘Good Day Wake Up.’In March 2017, it was reported that the Trump government wanted to appoint Nauert as the new spokesperson for the State Department. The State Department officially announced Nauert's appointment on April 24, 2017. “Heather’s media experience and long interest in international affairs will be invaluable as she conveys the Administration’s foreign policy priorities to the American people and the world,” a statement said.She joined the State Department as spokesperson in April 2017 after quitting Fox news Channel. She held her first press briefing in that role on June 6, 2017. She tweeted that she is happy to work with "such talented, dedicated staff and distinguished journalists."She is the first permanent spokesperson for the Rex Tillerson-led department since Trump took office. Mark Toner had been the acting spokesman, but the department hadn’t held daily press briefings since Trump’s inauguration.Awards & Achievements
- At ABC News, she received an Emmy Award nomination for her work on the special series, ‘13 Around the World.’ The award recognizes excellence in the television industry.Personal Life
- Heather Nauert is married to Scott Norby, an investment banker working at Goldman Sachs. They have two sons—Peter who was born in October 2009, and Gage, who was born in December 2010.Net Worth
- Heather Nauert’s net worth is estimated to be $3 million.
How To CiteArticle Title- Heather Nauert BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/heather-nauert-34157.phpLast Updated- September 18, 2017
People Also Viewed