Cris Judd Biography
Sun Sign: Leo
Also Known As: Cristan Lee Judd
Born in: Abilene, Texas, United States
Famous as: Actor
Spouse/Ex-: Jennifer Lopez (m. 2001; div. 2003) Kelly A. Wolfe
father: Larry Judd
children: Vivienne Judd
U.S. State: Texas
Cristan “Cris” Leenon Judd is an American actor and choreographer who has appeared in popular television series, such as ‘Eve’, ‘Half & Half’, and ‘Everybody Loves Raymond.’ He also appeared in an acting cameo in the film ‘Bringing Down the House’ where he worked as choreographer for Steve Martin's dance scenes. A hugely popular choreographer, he has worked on numerous music videos including ‘Jump, Jive, & Wail’ for the Brian Setzer Orchestra, ‘My Way’ for Usher, ‘If I Could Go’ for Angie Martinez and ‘Tango’ for Julio Iglesias. He has also coached top celebrities like Nicole Kidman on developing their dance moves for specific dance sequences in films. Beginning his career as a dancer, Judd found considerable success early on in his career. A natural on the dance floor, his smooth moves got him noticed and he began dancing professionally with Disney. As hard working and determined as he is talented, it did not take him long to gain attention on a national and international level. Taking further his career, he soon ventured into choreography and acting as well. Cris Judd has also made it to the headlines because of his tumultuous and short-lived marriage to singing superstar Jennifer Lopez.
- Cris Judd was born on 15 August 1969, Abilene, Texas, USA, as the son of a military man and his wife. He is of mixed descent, his father being Portuguese and mother, Filipina. He spent his early years on Air Force bases in Angeles City in the Philippines and Hawaii. The family later moved to Florida where he attended Niceville High School. As a teenager he had a keen interest in sports and spent a lot of time surfing and golfing; he even considered becoming a pro golfer for a while before dropping the idea. After school, he enrolled at Okaloosa-Walton Community College in Niceville, Florida.
- While still in college, he took up a job with Disney World. It was around this time that he discovered his natural talent for dance and decided to become a professional dancer. Soon he quit his previous job and started dancing professionally with Disney. A natural on the dance floor, he quickly gained fame and became popular on a national level. He received a big break when he got a chance to dance with Michael Jackson for the 1995 MTV Video Music Awards. Impressed by his performance, Jackson selected Judd to perform with him again on his HIStory Tour. This brought the budding dancer into international limelight and set his career on a roll. Judd soon took his career further by venturing into choreography and collaborated with the famed choreographer Eddie Garcia to choreograph the 2000 Tour for Jordan Knight. Over the years Judd choreographed several music videos for renowned singing sensations like Usher, Julio Iglesias, Jennifer Lopez, and Angie Martinez. Before long he was directing videos as well, and along with Garcia, he produced an interactive dance DVD released in summer 2005.
- Alongside his career as a dancer and choreographer, he started making appearances on television and films as well. He participated in the first season of the American series of ‘I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!’ and won the competition, winning $200,000 in the process. He donated the entire amount to the Make-a-Wish Foundation when he was crowned "King of the Jungle" in a viewer vote. He has also appeared in episodes of popular television series, such as ‘Eve’, ‘Half & Half’, and ‘Everybody Loves Raymond,’ and choreographed dance performances in the reality TV series ‘Bad Girls Club’ and ‘The Real Housewives of New Jersey.’
- Cris Judd won the 17th Annual Reflections Award for 'Excellence in Entertainment' for Acting, Dance and Choreography. Additionally, his scorching good looks have earned him a place in People Magazine's "25 Hottest Bachelors" and InTouch Magazine's "20 Hottest Hunks."
- In 2000, Cris Judd was hired to direct singer Jennifer Lopez’s music video for ‘Love Don't Cost a Thing.’ The two quickly fell in love and got married on September 29, 2001. However, the marriage was ill-fated from the very beginning and the couple soon separated. Their divorce was finalized in 2003. A few years later, Judd tied the knot again by marrying Kelly A. Wolfe in 2009. The couple now have a young daughter.
Cris Judd Movies
1. La La Land (2016)
(Musical, Romance, Music, Comedy, Drama)
2. Ghosts (1997)
(Fantasy, Music, Short, Horror)
3. Rock of Ages (2012)
(Musical, Drama, Comedy, Romance)
4. Bringing Down the House (2003)
How To Cite
People Also Viewed