Courtney Hadwin Biography
Courtney Hadwin is an English singer-songwriter, best known for her appearances on ‘ITV's reality singing competition ‘The Voice Kids UK’ (2017) and the 13th season of ‘NBC’s ‘America's Got Talent.’ Born in the city of Sunderland in Tyne and Wear, England, she developed an interest in music in childhood. Noticing her passion and talent, her parents sent her to learn music at Julie Miles's ‘Vocal Ovation’ and the ‘Kate Sirs School of Music.’ She also received training from the ‘Shotton Hall Theatre School’ and ‘Peanuts Master Classes.’ In 2015, she auditioned for her first singing competition and soon earned worldwide recognition with her appearance on the show ‘The Voice Kids UK’. Hadwin impressed millions with her unbeatable performances. Her debut performance on ‘America's Got Talent’ earned rave views from the show’s judges, with Howie Mandel comparing her to iconic singer Janis Joplin. Behind the curtains, Hadwin is a shy and quite person. She is very close to her parents, especially her mother.
- In 2015, Courtney Hadwin auditioned for her first singing competition at UK’s teen singing competition ‘TeenStar,’ with the song "Make You Feel My Love.” The following year, she appeared in the ‘Beyond the Lights’ award ceremony and earned Hartlepool's ‘Performer of the Year Award.’
- In 2017, she performed at a South Tyneside festival, in front of over 18 thousand people. That year, Hadwin also auditioned for ‘The Voice Kids UK,’ singing Tina Turner's hit "Nutbush City Limits.” In July, she sang "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going," before being eliminated as a finalist.
- In January 2018, Hadwin sang at an event for ‘U-Support’ and raised funds for kids with illnesses and disabilities. The same year, she appeared as a contestant in the 13th season of ‘NBC’s ‘America's Got Talent.’ Her audition performance on "Hard to Handle" made judge Howie Mandel compare her to Janis Joplin. For her semifinal performance in September, the talented singer performed Steppenwolf’s "Born to Be Wild.” She later returned for the finale, with "River Deep – Mountain High.” Though Hadwin did not lift the final trophy of ‘America's Got Talent,’ she was sent to do a number of live shows with the winner, Shin Lim, at the ‘Paris Hotel and Casino’ in Las Vegas.
- In December 2018, she signed a record deal with ‘Arista Records’ and ‘Syco Entertainment.’ In January 2019, she was featured on ‘America's Got Talent: The Champions.’ A spin-off of ‘America's Got Talent,’ the show followed the same format as the main edition but featured winners, finalists, and other notable participants from the American and other international editions of the ‘Got Talent’ franchise.
- Courtney Hadwin was born on July 6, 2004, in Sunderland, England, UK, to Paul Hadwin and Ann-Marie. She has a younger brother named Paul and a younger sister named Melissa. She studied at the ‘Hesleden Primary School’ and later attended ‘The Academy at Shotton Hall.’ Hadwin was then trained at ‘Peanuts Master Classes,’ the ‘Shotton Hall Theatre School,’ Julie Miles's ‘Vocal Ovation,’ and the ‘Kate Sirs School of Music.’
How To Cite
People Also Viewed