Cori Broadus Biography
Cori Broadus, better known by her stage name "CHOC," is the daughter of popular rapper Snoop Dogg and entrepreneur Shante Broadus. Like her father, Cori, too, has a successful career in the field of music. She learned singing at church choirs and then decided to venture into the world of music. Cori tasted success with her debut release. She has collaborated with her father a few times and has also worked with popular singers such as Drake and Kamaiyah. Cori is the youngest child of her parents and has two older brothers. She also has an older half-brother who was born out of her father’s extramarital affair.
- Cori Broadus was born on June 22, 1999, in California. She has two older brothers, Corde and Cordell. She also has a half-brother, Julian, from her father’s extramarital relationship with his former high-school lover, Laurie Holmond.
- When Cori was about 6 years old, her parents noticed a light spot on her face. She then lost her hair and became thin rapidly. Cori was soon diagnosed with Lupus, a chronic, autoimmune disease that can damage any part of the body. She was put on medication immediately and is now completely cured. Cori loves playing volleyball in her free time, as she has spent a lot of time playing the sport while growing up.
- Cori’s disease was a boon in disguise for her parents’ relationship. Her father, Snoop Dog, who is often framed by the media as an unfaithful husband, revived his marriage to Shante due to Cori’s illness. Cori’s parents decided to stay together and resolve their differences for the sake of her health.
- In 2017, Cori graduated high school from 'Ramón C. Cortines School of Visual and Performing Arts.' Following in her father’s footsteps, Cori developed an interest in music since she was a toddler. She received her initial music lessons at church choirs and in school. Eventually, Cori received professional guidance from her father and decided to make a career in the field of music.
- Cori stepped into the world of music in August 2011, with the release of the single ‘Do My Thang.’ The single earned her immense popularity. A few months later, she released her second single, 'SMH.' The following year, Cori released the single 'Daddy's Girl,’ which featured her father. She also appeared in her father’s documentary, 'Reincarnated.' Much before she began her career as a singer, Cori appeared in a few episodes of the reality TV series 'Snoop Dogg's Father Hood.'
- In 2013, Cori featured in Snoop Dogg’s track ‘No Guns Allowed.’ The track was from the album 'Reincarnated' that was released under her father's second pseudonym, "Snoop Lion." This anti-violence song also featured singer Drake. Cori released the singles 'Outside' and ‘Sittin’ In My Room' in 2016.
- In 2018, Cori released her single 'Same’ under the pseudonym “CHOC.” With this track, she revived old-school RnB vibes and delivered a positive message for women. The same year, she released the single ‘New Phone, Who Dis?,’ featuring singer Kamaiyah. This smooth melodic track also exuded a 90s RnB feel. Cori owns a 'YouTube' channel titled ‘Cori B.’ that hosts her music videos.
- Cori is in a relationship with a man named Ez whom she had met in eighth grade. However, her parents are too protective. In 2015, Cori and Snoop Dogg appeared on the 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show,' where they talked about their relationship. Cori stated that her father had told her to date someone only after turning 77.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed