Christian DelGrosso Bio
Since its launch in 2012, video-sharing platform Vine has unearthed an array of exciting young talents – from musicians to stand-up comedians to actors and models. Among the handful of names that first come to mind when one thinks of this crop of ‘internet celebrities’ is Christian DelGrosso – a Canadian Viner cum actor whose 7.6 million strong fan following is something even many popular Hollywood bigwigs and pop stars haven’t been able to match. If that sounds implausible, here is another detail you might find hard to digest – Christian DelGrosso is just 23! If you’re not well-acquainted with the Vine subculture, you may find it hard to wrap your head around these facts. Thankfully, you’re in good hands here! Read on to find out about the rise and rise of one of the most popular Vine stars around.
- One may say that fame ‘happened’ to DelGrosso, he didn’t go looking for it. Back in 2013, 20-year old DelGrosso was splitting his time between attending acting workshops and working at a sandwich shop in Canada. His dreams of making it big in Hollywood didn’t involve a diligently planned roadmap, and he hadn’t even heard of the new social media phenomenon called Vine.Recommended Lists:
- As is the case with many good things in life, DelGrosso chanced across Vine in mid-2013, posted a couple of videos for the heck of it, and before he knew it, he was a viral sensation. The USP? Humor, of course. His dashing look was just the icing on the cake. The rest, as they say, is history. Burgeoning fan base, celebrity status, high-profile collaborations with fellow Viners, ad campaigns, and finally, the ultimate dream – movies. Sounds like a fairytale? Not quite. It’s one thing to be in the limelight for a fleeting moment by pure stroke of luck; it’s another thing to manage to stay in the limelight for an extended period of time – it takes talent and hard work.Recommended Lists:
- The uncanny knack to find humor in the most mundane of situations, the willingness to take potshots at one’s own failings and the aura of charm and affability – these qualities have worked wonders for DelGrosso in cementing his place in the collective consciousness of a generation with short attention spans. He’s collaborated with Cameron Dallas and Matthew Espinosa on numerous Vines, and needless to say, the results are often hysterical (check out the Vines titled ‘Psycho Moms be like’ and ‘I got my friends’ back no matter what’ for some relatable laugh-out-loud moments!).
- DelGrosso is astute enough to realize that his popularity can be channeled to support a few good causes. He recently worked with Gabbie Hanna on ‘It’s a trap’ – a short that was produced as a part of Truth’s anti-smoking campaign. It won’t be a stretch to imagine that a positive message from their favorite Viner can have a significant impact on the impressionable minds of teens all over the world.
- Details of DelGrosso’s personal life are scant, and when asked once about his relationship status, he jokingly quipped that Chipotle (the fast food restaurant chain) is his girlfriend! He has a younger brother, Julian, and his mom has featured in some of his past Vines. When asked about his role in the teen comedy, ‘Mono’, DelGrosso confessed that his real-life persona was very much close to his character in the movie. Much like Bucky, DelGrosso was outgoing, friendly and immensely popular in his high school, and perhaps it’s this infectious congeniality that has kept him out of troubles and controversies despite being under constant public scrutiny.
- DelGrosso’s acting resume already boasts of a hit teen comedy, ‘Mono’ and the self-deprecating parody, ‘Internet Famous’; and his upcoming projects ‘Blue Weekend’ and ‘School Spirits’ look equally promising.
- He insists that he is an actor first, and adds that contrary to the popular belief, his forte is not comedy, but drama. That is not to say that he doesn’t admire comedy or comedians. In fact, he idolizes Jim Carrey and Will Ferrell, whom he credits for inspiring him to start off as a comedian. DelGrosso confesses that he would love to work with both the stars at some point, and judging by the promising trajectory his career has taken, the dream is not far from being a reality. For here is a guy who has picked himself up from the bowels of an obscure sandwich shop in Canada and within a span of three years, has gone on to become a Vine star and a promising young actor. Los Angeles beckons!
- His favorite movie is the 2004-romantic drama ‘The Notebook’, starring Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams.
Christian DelGrosso Fans Also Viewed