Cherami Leigh Biography
Nick Name: Cherami Kuehn, Ceelee Rose
Sun Sign: Cancer
Also Known As: Cherami Leigh Kuehn
Born Country: United States
Born in: Dallas, Texas, United States
Famous as: Voice Actress
Spouse/Ex-: Jon Christie
City: Dallas, Texas
U.S. State: Texas
education: Hebron High School, Collin College
Cherami Leigh is an American actress and voice actress best known for providing voice for the English-language versions of a vast number of Japanese anime and video games. Her best known voice roles include Sailor Venus in 'Sailor Moon' (1992-97), Sae Kashiwagi in 'Peach Girl' (2005), Tamaki Kawazoe in 'Bamboo Blade' (2007-08), Patty Thompson in 'Soul Eater' (2008-09), Cecily Campbell in 'The Sacred Blacksmith' (2009), Lucy Heartfilia in 'Fairy Tail' (2009-19), Asuna Yuuki in 'Sword Art Online' (2012-19), Iris Heart in the 'Hyperdimension Neptunia' anime (2013) and video games, and Sarada Uchiha in 'Boruto: Naruto Next Generations' (2017-Present). She has worked with most major production companies in the industry, including Funimation, Viz Media, Bang Zoom! Entertainment, NYAV Post, and Studiopolis. She has also acted in films like 'Beyond the Farthest Star' and 'Not Cool', and on television series such as 'Throwing Stones', 'Bones', 'Longmire' and 'Shameless'. Because she does both voice work and on-camera roles, she has taken the extra steps to learn fencing, horseback riding, kickboxing, and more, to strengthen her position in the field. She settled in Los Angeles, California in 2013, even though she regularly travels to her home state of Texas primarily for her work with Funimation on 'simuldub' projects.
- Cherami Leigh was five years old when she had decided that she wanted to be on the 'Barney & Friends' children's television series and soon after convinced her parents to let her pursue her dreams. As a child artist, she voiced the character of Sailor Venus a.k.a. Minako Aino for the English version of the Japanese manga series 'Sailor Moon'. While she could read very well, her voice sounded much younger than her age at 7-8, because of which she often did voice work for toddlers.
- At the age of eight, she began voicing promos for Radio Disney, which she would continue to do throughout her career. She also auditioned for acting roles in Los Angles for some time, but her parents could not stay there with her long enough for her to bag enough roles. Her few early acting credits include the film 'Finding North', TV movies like 'Holiday in Your Heart' and 'The President's Man', and the television series 'Walker, Texas Ranger'.
- She was 18 when she got an audition for Funimation through her agent, which started her long association with the company. She became a DJ for Radio Disney with her own midnight show on the weekends when she was 19 and did it for a couple years. She began writing in her 20s after she learnt that they were looking for writers at three Disney stations. Soon after, realizing her interest in writing, people at Funimation advised her to adapt scripts. Apart from various voice roles in anime and games, she currently acts on television and in films as well.
- Cherami Leigh later returned to acting and did small roles in films such as 'Fast Food Nation', 'The Hottest State', 'The Mist' and 'Temple Grandin' before giving a breakthrough performance in the main role of Anne Wells, the disturbed teenage daughter of Pastor Adam and Maureen Wells, in 'Beyond the Farthest Star', produced by a Dallas-based company. She played the lead character opposite Shane Dawson in his film 'Not Cool' and also acted in his short film 'I Hate Myselfie'. On television, she had a main role on the horror series 'Throwing Stones', apart from guest roles on series such as 'Bones', 'Longmire' and 'Shameless'. She also appeared as herself on the documentary series 'The Chair'.
- Cherami Leigh was born on July 19, 1988, in Carrollton, a city in Denton, Dallas, in Texas, United States. She was very shy and introvert as a child, which is why her mother convinced her to do a solo dance competition when she was three years old in order to help her overcome her fear of talking to people. Since then, she began enjoying wearing costumes and playing characters, which in turn made her less self-conscious. She has childhood memories of watching the 'Sailor Moon' anime and playing the Pokémon card game with her little brother. She attended Hebron High School in Carrollton. She learnt the Sanford Meisner Technique with Nancy Chartier when she was nine and also attended acting workshops and took improv comedy lessons.
- In 2010, Cherami Leigh began dating fellow actor and voice artist Jonathan 'Jon' Christie, known for television series such as 'Fairy Tail', 'Throwing Stones', and 'CONfessionals', all of which also featured Cherami as well. He was also the writer, director and executive producer of 'CONfessionals'. They have worked together in the 2009 short film 'Virgin Mary Christmas' as well. The couple got married on April 13, 2014. They both attended the inaugural New Jersey WebFest in 2018.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed