Hailee Steinfeld Biography
Hailee Steinfeld is an American actress, model and singer, who in her short career so far has given many memorable performances. She first became famous for her portrayal of Mattie Ross in the movie ‘True Grit’. She was 13 years old at the time of the making of the movie, and little Hailee blew audiences away with her performance. Her strong and confident performance earned her numerous critical awards and many people already got a glimpse of the star she was about to become. There was no stopping Hailee from there on as she now has a successful acting and singing career for herself and has starred in major movies like the ‘Pitch Perfect 2’ alongside huge Hollywood stars like Anna Kendrick. Hailee also has a successful singing career and has double platinum hits in Australia and Triple Platinum hits in Canada as well.
- Hailee Steinfeld was born on the 11 December 1996, in Los Angeles, California, to Peter and Cheri Steinfeld. Her mother is an interior designer while her father is a personal fitness trainer. She has a brother named Griffin.
- She spent her early childhood in Agoura Hills and then in Thousand Oaks, California. She attended the Ascension Lutheran School, Conejo Elementary and Colina Middle School. Hailee Steinfeld has been homeschooled since 2008 due to bullying and due to compulsion of her acting career.
- Hailee Steinfeld began acting at the age of eight and appeared in several short films. She was a part of the award winning short film ‘She’s a Fox’ and played the character of Talia Alden.
- At the age of 13, she was chosen for the role of Mattie Ross in the movie ‘True Grit’ at the early age of 13. The film was released internationally in 2010. Her performance was appreciated by many critics and she was also nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.
- In May 2011, 5 months after ‘True Grit’ was released, Hailee Steinfeld became the new face of the Italian designer brand Miu Miu.
- In 2011, she was cast to play Juliet Capulet in a modern adaptation of the evergreen Shakespeare play, ‘Romeo and Juliet’. Although the role was originally intended for a 20-year-old actress, Hailee Steinfeld was only 14 at the time. The script was changed to accommodate a 14-year-old actress.
- In 2013, Hailee was cast as Petra Arkanian in the science fiction adventure movie titled ‘Ender’s Game’.
- Hailee Steinfeld played one of the protagonists in the Romance Drama ‘Begin Again’. The movie first saw a limited release on June 27, 2014 and was later re-released by the Weinstein Company on 29 August 2014.
- She was cast as Eliza in the film adaptation of ‘Ten Thousand Saints’, which premiered on 23rd January 2015 at the 2015 Sundance Festival.
- She has also been cast as the star of the film adaptation of ‘Carrie Pilby’ which is a Young Adult Novel by Caren Lissner.
- In March 2015, Hailee Steinfeld dubbed for the character of Anna in the English version of the Japanese animated film titled ‘When Marnie Was There’.
- Hailee has also been part of Taylor Swift’s hit music video ‘Bad Blood’. The video premiered at the 2015 Billboard Music Awards.
- She then went on to star in the Global Franchise of ‘Pitch Perfect 2’ alongside many other well-known stars like Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson, Elizabeth Banks etc.
- After ‘Pitch Perfect 2’ Hailee Steinfeld was signed on by Republic Records in May 2015. She was hired by the company after listening to her sing in the movie.
- In July 2015, she released an acoustic version of ‘Stiches’ alongside Shawn Mendes, who is the original song composer.
- In July 2015, she released another single ‘Love Myself’. The song created a lot of controversy after the release of its music video as it had the media calling it ‘ode to masturbation’.
- Hailee released her first EP titled ‘Haize’ on 13 November 2015. The EP received mixed reviews from audience and fans all over the world.
- She then went on to release a single, ‘Rock Bottom’ on 27 February 2015. On July 15, 2016 Hailee Steinfeld came out with her new single ‘Starving’ in collaboration with Grey and featuring Zedd. This song is her biggest hit till date and has gone double platinum in Australia and triple platinum in Canada.
- Hailee’s surreal performance in the movie ‘Edge of Seventeen’ was met with a lot of positive reviews from the critics and earned her a Golden Globe Nomination. The movie was released on the 18 November 2016.
- Hailee Steinfeld released her latest music single ‘Most Girls’ on 28 April 2017.
- Hailee Steinfeld played the character of Mattie Ross in the movie ‘True Grit’ at age of 13, which later went on to become the role that propelled her towards stardom.
- She was part of the highly-acclaimed science fiction adventure movie titled ‘Ender’s Game’.
- Hailee Steinfeld was cast as Juliet in the modern remake of the Shakespearean classic ‘Romeo and Juliet’. The project was penned down by Julian Fellowes.
- Hailee landed a role in the global franchise ‘Pitch Perfect’. The movie went on to be a huge success.
- For her stupendous performance in the movie 'True Grit', Hailee Steinfeld was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress, BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role, and the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role.
- Hailee has had a few boyfriends in the past, namely Douglas Booth and Jack Antonoff. Douglas was Hailee’s co-star in the Shakespearean adaptation of Romeo and Juliet.
- Hailee Steinfeld was signed on as the face of Miu Miu, which is an international Italian designer fashion brand.
- Her older brother, Griffin Steinfeld, is a NASCAR driver.
- Her maternal first cousin, True O’ Brien, acted in a commercial when Hailee was 8 years old. This inspired her to become an actress.
Hailee Steinfeld Movies
1. The Edge of Seventeen (2016)
2. True Grit (2010)
(Western, Adventure, Drama)
3. Begin Again (2013)
4. Bumblebee (2018)
(Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure)
5. Ender's Game (2013)
(Action, Fantasy, Sci-Fi)
6. Pitch Perfect 2 (2015)
7. The Homesman (2014)
8. 3 Days to Kill (2014)
(Drama, Action, Thriller)
How To Cite
People Also Viewed