Cecile Breccia Biography
Cecile Breccia is a French actress and model who gained prominence for portraying Lt. Link Manion in the 2008 American military science fiction film ‘Starship Troopers 3: Marauder’. She is the wife of Australian film and television actor Jason Clarke. Breccia grew up in Paris in a household that encouraged her artistic aspirations. When she was eight years old, she started taking acting classes and went on to study drama at Cours Florent. She made her acting debut in 2005 in the French TV series ‘Lea Parker’, portraying a character named Marion in a season two episode. Breccia landed her first Hollywood role in the 2007 slasher thriller ‘The Hills Have Eyes 2’. In the ensuing years, she has also appeared in films like ‘A French Gigolo’ and ‘99 Francs’.
- Cecile Breccia started her acting career in 2005 in Nicolas Durand-Zouky’s action-crime television series ‘Lea Parker’. Playing a character named Marion, she appeared in the season two episode ‘Les Marianne’. The main stars of the show were Sonia Rolland, Luc Bernard, and Alexandre Le Provost. It ran for two seasons before airing its final episode in 2006.
- She appeared in a season 13 episode of ‘La crim' in 2006. The long-running crime show starred Jean-François Garreaud, Didier Cauchy, and Dominique Guillo. It premiered in June 1999 and concluded in 2006. That year, she also made an appearance in France 2’s short-lived science fiction thriller ‘David Nolande’. She was cast as a character named Caroline in the episode ‘La proie des flammes’. She also made her cinematic debut in 2006 in Lionel Delplanque’s drama thriller ‘Président’.
- Prior to 2006, Breccia was exclusively working in France. Her first Hollywood project was ‘The Hills Have Eyes 2’ (2007), the second instalment of the 2006 horror slasher, which in itself was the remake of a horror film released in 1977. Directed by Martin Weisz and produced by Wes Craven, Marianne Maddalena, and Peter Locke, the film tells the story of a group of US National Guard trainees attempting to survive in a desert while they are being attacked by a group of vicious mutants. Craven wrote the screenplay along with his son Jonathan. It premiered on March 23, 2007, to poor reviews. However, it ended up doing moderate business, earning $37.6 million at the box office against a budget of $15 million. Breccia portrayed a character credited as the “Pregnant Woman”.
- In 2007, she guest-starred in a first season episode of ‘Reporters’, portraying a character named Violaine. She appeared in Jan Kounen’s 2007 film ‘99 Francs’, which was based on Frédéric Beigbeder’s novel of the same name. Besides Breccia, the film also features performances by Jean Dujardin, Vahina Giocante, and Elisa Tovati.
- In 2008, she landed the biggest role of her career yet. She was cast as Lt. Link Manion in the military science fiction direct-to-DVD film ‘Starship Troopers 3: Marauder.’ The third instalment in the Starship Troopers film series, it was directed by American filmmaker Edward Neumeier. The movie garnered mixed reviews from the critics and earned a Saturn Award nomination in 2009.
- In 2009, Breccia starred in a French drama film called ‘A French Gigolo’. As with several of her previous works, this one was based on a literary work as well. The movie was based on ‘Cliente,’ French actor and writer Josiane Balasko’s first book. In the film, Breccia played a character named Elodie. That year, she also starred in two other films, ‘Cyprien’ and ‘Le missionnaire’. The latter is her last film to date.
- Besides being an actress, Breccia is also a model. As of 2017, Breccia had been represented by Martines Women Agency.
- Born in Paris, France, Breccia hails from a family that has deep connections with the film industry. Her Italian father is known as a documentary filmmaker who has made several movies on history. On the other hand, her French mother gained popularity for being an actress and painter. Breccia has been interested in performing since she was a child and had acting aspirations. After she turned eight, she enrolled at an acting class. She also attended Cours Florent, a private drama school located in Paris.
- Breccia and Jason Clarke began dating sometime in 2010. Clarke is a prominent actor who has appeared in films like ‘Wanted’ (1997), ‘Twilight’ (1998), ‘Praise’ (1998), ‘The Human Contract’ (2008), ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ (2012), ‘The Great Gatsby’ (2013), and ‘Serenity’ (2019) and TV shows like ‘Mercury’ (1996), ‘Wildside’ (1998), ‘Home and Away’ (2002), and ‘The Chicago Code’ (2011). In 2014, Clark and Breccia’s oldest son was born. In January 2018, it was revealed that they had married in a private ceremony. A second son was born to them later that year.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed