Sun Sign: Pisces
Also Known As: Scott Thompson
Born in: Rockledge, Florida, U.S.
father: Larry Thompson
mother: Dona Thompson
U.S. State: Florida
education: Cocoa High School, Florida Atlantic University
awards: 1994 - Funniest Male Stand-Up Comic
In the world of comedy, inducing humor with jokes and tell-tales has been common but doing the same using props is unconventional. Carrot Top has not only excelled in the art but has been an outrivaled stand-up comedian in the genre. All his acts have the trademark style of using flamboyant props with such perfection that the audience take only seconds to fall into splits of laughter. Since an early age, Top discovered his skills as a stand-up comedian. His first ever ac on stage was that in his freshman year. Though the act was not appreciated by fellow students, he did not lose hope and instead well prepared himself in his second outing. No sooner, he forsake his regular job to take up a career in comedy. Over the years, he has appeared in a number of talk shows and comedy series including ‘Larry the Cable Guy's Christmas Spectacular’, ‘Criss Angel Mindfreak’, ‘Scrubs’, ‘Politically Incorrect’, ‘Reno 911!’ and so on. Additionally, he acted in various movies including, ‘Chairman of the Board’, ‘Weakest Link’, ‘The Aristocrats’, ‘Family Guy’ and ‘The Hangover’. To know more interesting and intriguing facts about his life and profile, read on.
- Popularly known as Carrot Top, he was born was Scott Thompson in the Cocoa Beach, Florida, to Larry Thompson. His father was a former rocket scientist who worked on significant mission in NASA, including Gemini and Apollo.Young Thompson attained his basic formal education from Cocoa High School, completing which; he enrolled at the Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton.It was during his freshman year at college that he first experienced what it felt to be on stage. Though he debuted with Josh Abelson on a bad note with stale jokes that fetched no laughter, the failure of the stand-up act did not disappoint him.Following semester, he was back on stage with self-written material based on college life. Interestingly, his written work tickled the funny bone of each of the audience member, making his stand-up act a massive hit.He graduated from Florida Atlantic University with a degree in marketing and immediately found work as a bank courier. However, he did not give up on his comedic talent and continuously performed gigs at local stages. No sooner than in 1990, he gave up his nine-to-five job to continue with his comedy careerContinue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- To make a mark of his own and stand out from contemporaries and other stand-up comedians, he started employing props to enhance his act. To induce humor, he even used his red curly hair as a prop. His other props include heels with training wheels, airline peanut bags with photos of missing luggage and paper cups and string telephonesThe rising popularity and reputation earned him a guest spot on ‘The Tonight Show with Jay Leno’ in 1992. The show not only exposed him to a wider audience but also made his comedic talent gain a broader fan base. Upon the death of legendary comedian Sam Kinison in 1992, he soon filled up in the shoes of the latter.Over the years, he has appeared in a number of shows, including ‘Larry the Cable Guy's Christmas Spectacular’, ‘Gene Simmons Family Jewels’, ‘Space Ghost Coast to Coast’, ‘Criss Angel Mindfreak’, ‘Scrubs’, ‘George Lopez’, and ‘Tugger: The Jeep 4x4 Who Wanted to Fly’.From 1995 until 1999, he served as the continuity announcer for Cartoon Network. Additionally, he also produced and starred in an early morning show called Carrot Top's AM Mayhem for two years from 1994 to 1996.He made his debut in the big screen with the movie, ‘Hourglass’ in 1996. Same year, he featured in another movie, titled ‘Pure Danger’. However, he achieved a breakthrough with, ‘Chairman of The Board’ wherein he played the role of a surfer who heads a major corporation.Same year, he appeared in the film ‘Dennis the Menace Strikes Back’. Though his popularity was on the rise, he wasn’t a household name yet. However, his appearance in the series TV commercial for AT&T’s ‘1-800-Call-ATT’ service changed everything.Overwhelming demand and love for him by the TV viewers saw him become a permanent feature in various comedy talk shows beginning 2000. He was seen in ‘Politically Incorrect’ and was a part of the remake of the game show, ‘Hollywood Squares’. He even did an audio commentary for ‘The Rules of Attraction’.In 2006, he featured in the satirical comedy, ‘Reno 911!’ In it, he played not his usual self but an angry version of himself who jumbles his hotel room, steals the police car and later resists arrest. Two years later, he was seen as a guest judge for ‘Last Comic Standing’.His latest appearance was at an episode of ‘Tosh.0’, wherein he was receiving a full-body massage from Daniel Tosh.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Personal Life & Legacy
- During the time when his popularity was on the rise, he would give more than 200 concerts all sold out.Recommended Lists:
- This red haired comedian of the ‘1-800-CALL-ATT’ advertisement fame has a trademark style of performing comedy acts using flamboyant props.
1. The Hangover (2009)
2. Swearnet: The Movie (2014)
3. Pauly Shore Is Dead (2003)
4. Chairman of the Board (1998)
How To CiteArticle Title- Carrot Top BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/carrot-top-4687.phpLast Updated- October 03, 2017
People Also Viewed