Brooke Burke Biography
Sun Sign: Virgo
Also Known As: Brooke Burke-Charvet
Born in: Hartford
Famous as: Actress, Dancer, Model, TV Personality
Spouse/Ex-: David Charvet, Garth Fisher
father: George Burke
mother: Donna Burke
children: Heaven Rain Charvet, Neriah Fisher, Shaya Braven Charvet, Sierra Sky Fisher
U.S. State: Connecticut
education: University of California, Los Angeles, Palo Verde High School, Sahuaro High School, Santa Monica College
Brooke Burke is one versatile actress, who has shown extreme excellence in almost every work field one can imagine of. Right from the tender age of 14, she was put into limelight, thanks to her beautiful features and spectacular body structure. Ranging from modeling to dancing, from hosting to acting, from television to Hollywood, she hasn’t left any stone unturned in displaying her multitalented persona. Not only has she grown over to become a popular television star, but she has also taken a step forward towards designing her own line of swimsuit collection and launching and running two websites as a successful entrepreneur. To add to that, she has exhibited her creative skills in the form of writing a book as well. Interestingly, she never made any attempt to switch between modeling, hosting and acting - she started branching out as offers came her way. Such is the luck and ability of this American beauty that she has adapted to every prospering opportunity with flair and confidence. Despite envisioning herself into an atypical career of a rock band drummer, she was pushed into the entertainment industry, not realizing that this would bring her fame and recognition in the coming years.
- Brooke Lisa Burke was born on September 8, 1971 in Hartford, Connecticut, United States, as the middle child of seven siblings - three older sisters and three younger brothers.
- She was blessed with beautiful and exotic looks due to her multi-ethnic ancestry. Her father, George Burke had a French and Irish background, while her mother Donna had a Portuguese-Jewish heritage.
- Her parents divorced when she was two, after which her mother moved to Tucson, Arizona, with the kids. Her mother met and married Armen Hartounian, who looked after the kids while she took up three jobs to finance the household.
- She went to Sahuaro High School and Palo Verde High School for her formal education.
- Due to her striking features, she came into limelight when she was just 14 and won her first beauty pageant. Though she always wanted to become a rock band drummer, but her good looks dragged her into the entertainment industry.
- She was spotted by a talent scout when she visited a modeling agency in Scottsdale with her friend. By the time she was 18, she was a busy model, shooting for various print ads, including magazine covers, swimsuit calendars and billboards.
- To pursue a career in modeling, she enrolled herself in broadcast journalism at University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA).
- During her course study at UCLA, she modeled for various agencies, like Ford, Wilhelmina, and Cunningham-Escott-Dipene, where she appeared in several ads, commercial catalogues, swimsuit editorials, magazine covers, and posters.
- She went on to model for various brands, such as Coca Cola, Discover Card, M Professional Cosmetics, and Anheuser-Busch and got extensively involved with modeling. She is currently the spokesperson for Skechers.
- In 2001, she signed a two-year deal with ‘Rank’, a pop culture countdown series giving rates to every aspect related to entertainment, with E! channel.
- She started her acting career in 2004 with the comedy movie ‘Dodgeball - A True Underdog Story’ where she made a special appearance. Later, she starred in ‘The Hazing’ and ‘Knuckle Sandwich’ also.
- She has a number of sitcom roles to her credit, some being That’s Life (2000), The Bernie Mac Show (2001), Monk (2002), Less Than Perfect (2002), It’s All Relative (2003), and Rock Me Baby (2003).
- In late 2003, she made a stage debut performance on a ‘Centerpiece’ monologue at the premiere of the off-Broadway play Pieces (of Ass), held in Los Angeles.
- She has hosted a series of television reality shows, such as ‘Miss America’, ‘She’s Got the Look’, ‘Mommy Expert’, ‘The Doctors’, ‘RockStar INXS’, and ‘RockStar Supernova’.
- She has given her voice in ‘Need For Speed: Underground 2’ video game and appears as a playable character in the Burger King game ‘PocketBike Racer’ and ‘Big Bumpin’.
- She is known to have lent her voice as the celebrity host of the ‘People and Places’ category in the Atari’s video game, ‘Trivial Pursuit Unhinged’.
- She has her own line of beachwear, Barely Brooke, partnered by Italian designer Christina Andrade Brenner, offering a range of bikinis, cover-ups and tops, one-piece suits and matching pants, sold at Venus USA stores.
- Her career took a major turn when she was cast to host the adventure-packed travel show, ‘Wild On’ on E! Entertainment channel in 1997. Her three-year contract with the show made her a popular star.
- She participated in the seventh season of the popular show ‘Dancing With the Stars’ with dancing professional, Derek Hough, as her partner and won the competition with the mirror ball trophy.
- She co-hosted the show ‘Dancing With the Stars’ from season ten to season seventeen, along with Tom Bergeron, before being terminated for the eighteenth season.
- She has appeared in various men’s magazines, namely, Maxim, FHM, and Stuff, apart from posing nude for the cover of Playboy in 2001.
- In 2007, she launched an online store, BabooshBaby.com that sells wraps for expectant mothers called Tauts. She, then, started ModernMom.com, providing suggestions and tips on maternity and childbirth.
- In February 2011, she released her first book ‘The Naked Mom: A Modern Mom’s Fearless Revelations, Savvy Advice and Soulful Reflections’ as a memoir on motherhood, Hollywood, romance, and family bonding.
- In 2006, FHM magazine ranked her #54 on the ‘100 Sexiest Women in the World’, which was upgraded to rank 33 in 2007.
- She was listed #94 in the ‘Hot 100 list of 2006’ by Maxim magazine and #10 in the ‘102 Sexiest Women in the World’ by Stuff magazine.
- She has been ranked #49 in the list of ‘100 Hottest Brunettes of AIM’.
- She was given the ‘Best Performance by a Human Female’ award by the Spike TV Video Game Awards.
- She received a nomination for the ‘Hottest Video Vixen’ for her performance in the game ‘Need For Speed: Underground 2’.
- She married Dr. Garth Fisher, a recognized Beverly Hills plastic surgeon, in 2001. The couple had two daughters - Neriah Shae Fisher, born out of wedlock, in March 2000 and Sierra Sky Fisher in April 2002.
- The couple ended their five-year relationship in August 2005, soon after which she started dating singer and former Baywatch star, David Charvet.
- The duo welcomed their first daughter, Heaven Rain Charvet, in January 2007, followed by a son, Shaya Braven Charvet, in March 2008. She officially married David on August 12, 2011, thus becoming Brooke Burke-Charvet.
- Brooke was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in November 2012 and underwent a successful surgery in December 2012.
- Being a tomboy, she was an outstanding football player and was the only girl in her high school flag football team.
- She named her daughter Neriah after befriending former Playboy Playmate, Neriah Davis.
- Interestingly, she suffers from arachnophobia, the fear of spiders, even though she had domesticated a tarantula during childhood. Also, she exhibits hatred towards crabs and lobsters, giving them the nickname - ‘cockroaches of the sea’.
- This ravishing beauty shares her birthday with other known celebrities, such as Aimee Mann, David Arquette, and Pink.
Brooke Burke Movies
1. The Wraith (1986)
(Thriller, Action, Horror, Sci-Fi, Romance)
2. Dead Scared (2004)
How To Cite
People Also Viewed