Britt McHenry Biography
Sun Sign: Gemini
Also Known As: Brittany May McHenry
Born in: Mount Holly, New Jersey, United States
Famous as: Sports Reporter
U.S. State: New Jersey
education: Northwestern University, Stetson University
Britt McHenry, born as Brittany May McHenry, is an American TV sports correspondent. She worked for ESPN before being laid off by the network in April 2017. On ESPN, McHenry had served as a reporter for many popular shows including ‘Outside the Lines’, ‘SportsCenter’, ‘Baseball Tonight’ and ‘NFL Live’. She had also served as a fill-in anchor and sports reporter for NewsChannel 8 and ABC's Washington affiliate, WJLA-TV. The young American sports correspondent had also served Fox Sports San Diego as a dugout reporter. McHenry is one of the popular names in the world of journalism who is also known to get entangled in controversies from time to time. She was once suspended by ESPN following the surfacing of a video where she used vulgarity and swear words for a towing garage lot attendant. Recently she was laid-off by the network along with 100 other staffers. Despite all the controversies surrounding her, McHenry is still adored by people, especially those of her fans who follow her on social networking sites.
- After graduating, Britt McHenry started her journalism career working for ABC’s Washington affiliate, WJLA-TV and NewsChannel 8 as a fill-in anchor and sports reporter. She then worked for two weeks on San Diego Padres telecasts at Fox Sports San Diego as its dugout reporter. However, she returned to ABC 7 after that and continued working there.
- In 2014, McHenry left ABC 7 and joined ESPN. There, she served as a reporter for many popular shows like ‘Outside the Lines’, ‘SportsCenter’, ‘Baseball Tonight’ and ‘NFL Live’. On April 27, 2017, she announced on Twitter that NFL Draft will be her last assignment for the network. Later on, she tweeted that one of the main reasons behind her termination was that she was a political conservative. She also stated that 100 other staffers along with her were also let go by ESPN.
- On April 16, 2015, a few video segments featuring McHenry were posted on LiveLeak. In those video clips, McHenry was seen verbally abusing a towing garage lot attendant, Joey Dillon. In the clips McHenry made fun of the employee's appearance, his job, level of education, and even threatened to sue.
- After this incident, ESPN suspended her for one week. McHenry later took to Twitter and apologized for her actions. She said that she allowed her emotions to get the better of her, said some insulting and regrettable things and is sorry for the same. McHenry also stated that she will learn from her mistake. Afterwards, the towing company also released a statement stating that they did not wish to see the reporter terminated or suspended because of her comments.
- Britt McHenry was born as Brittany May McHenry on May 28, 1986, in Mount Holly Township, New Jersey, USA. She graduated from Satellite High School, Florida, in 2004 and then attended Stetson University. At both places, she was a part of soccer teams. After graduating magna cum laude from Stetson, she went to Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University where she began covering stories in Chicago. There is no information regarding McHenry’s parents and other family members on the web. Also, no one knows anything about her love life and affairs.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed