Bradley Simpson Biography
Nick Name: Bradley William Simpson, Brad Simpson, Esso
Sun Sign: Leo
Born in: Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham, England
Famous as: Singer
father: Derek Simpson
mother: Anne-Marie Simpson
siblings: Natalie Simpson
education: Fairfax School, Sutton Coldfield
Bradley Simpson is the lead vocalist and guitarist of the popular British pop/rock band, The Vamps. The Vamps swung into stardom in 2012 after their multiple cover songs became a hit on YouTube. Bradley is a well-known and much-admired name amongst the youngsters and he has struck an emotional chord with his loyal fans with his peppy, contemporary music. In an interview, Bradley named the Vaccines, 1975, Of Monsters and Men, and the Kooks as the important influences that shaped his interest in the world of music. He was particularly addicted to Paolo Nutini’s ‘These Streets’ as he found it well-composed. But it was the film, ‘School of Rock’ that inspired Bradley to develop an avid interest in playing the guitar. He is also greatly inspired by Agnus Young (guitarist from the classic AC/DC band). Bradley was just eleven years old when he started to strum a guitar and he began training his voice when he was aged fourteen. Before he formed the band that would change his life forever, he dabbled in music and uploaded some songs like ‘Boom Boom Kapow’, ‘My Window’, ‘Tightrope’, ‘23’, ‘Loading Gun’, Time Means Everything’, ‘Wasted Days’, Two Steps Back’ etc. on SoundCloud. His talent did not go unnoticed and both his sweet voice and songwriting capability were appreciated by one and all. He is skilled at not only singing and playing the guitar; our handsome young man also knows how to play the piano and ukulele!
- Bradley Simpson became a huge teenage sensation as the lead vocalist and the rhythm guitarist for the incredibly famous British band, The Vamps, which focuses on both pop and rock music. He shares a cordial relationship with the other band members – James McVey (lead guitarist), Connor Ball (bassist) and Tristan Evans (drummer). Bradley’s first exposure as a musician happened when he covered songs and posted them on his personal YouTube account. Back in 2011, he became acquainted with James through YouTube, which led to the band’s formation.
- The band secured its first record contract with the major label, Mercury Records. Ever since he was a little boy, Bradley had dreamed of becoming a successful musician and it did come true eventually. The Vamps released their debut album, ‘Meet the Vamps’ on 14th April 2014 which was followed by their second album, ‘Wake Up’ in 2015. Both the albums received good reviews and fared well in the music industry; the songs ‘Somebody to You’, ‘Can We Dance’, ‘All Night’, and ‘Oh Cecilia’ fared especially well.
- The Vamps also have several amazing stage performances to their credit, and they have supported other renowned bands and artists like Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, and McFly. Bradley wishes to perform the opening act for Arctic Monkeys someday, as he is a great fan of the band.
- Bradley Simpson was born on 28th July 1995 in Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham, England, to Derek Simpson and Anne-Marie Simpson. He is blessed with not only a great voice but also with cute looks and an awesome sense of style. He has scored well as a model for Saint Kidd along with James and Tristan, and he can definitely consider it as an alternative career option.He absolutely loves to gorge on ice creams and his favorite flavor is Ben & Jerry’s Cookie Dough Flavor. He loves to wear the color red, likes eating kiwi fruit and drinking vitamin water.
- In his spare time, he loves to watch or play football. Bradley owns an adorable dog named Jesse whom he undoubtedly misses a lot while he is out touring for The Vamps. He shares a close, loving bond with his sibling and not everybody is aware of the fact that his elder sister, Natalie, was the first official photographer for The Vamps.
- Bradley’s hair has been the talk of the town and he reveals the secret behind it: his mom still cuts his hair! A fun fact about the charming man is that he loves taking hot, relaxing baths and prefers them over quick showers. He admits that he was not at all good at spelling tests back in school. His favorite movie is ‘21 Jump Street,’ his favorite actresses Zooey Deschanel and Eva Longoria, and his favorite song ‘You Make My Dreams’ by Daryl Hall and John Oates. Bradley is a true Leo as he is charming, ambitious, playful, and loyal in nature. Reportedly he had an affair with a singer called Lauren Jauregui in 2014-15.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed