Brad Simpson Biography
Brad Simpson, or Bradley Simpson, is a British pop singer. He is known for being the lead singer for the British rock/pop band ‘The Vamps’. In this band, he also serves as a rhythm guitarist and works in collaboration with lead guitarist James McVey, bassist Connor Ball, and drummer Tristan Evans. Also known for his cute face and lovely smile, Simpson first showed an interest in music when he was just a baby. From an early age he dreamed of becoming one of the most renowned musicians and singers in the world. The young man eventually got the opportunity to showcase his talent to the world in 2012 after becoming a part of the band The Vamps along with a few other aspiring singers. The band soon released their debut single ‘Can We Dance’ followed by another single. Both these tracks reached the top ten in the UK Singles Charts. Simpson continued to perform with the band and today, has emerged as one of the most successful pop singers of recent times. The British singer has got a huge fan following on the social media. As May 2017, he holds 1.1m followers on his Instagram account and has got 1.72 m followers on Twitter as well.
- Brad Simpson joined boy-band ‘The Vamps’ in 2012. The following year, he and his band mates uploaded their first original track titled ‘Wildheart’ on their YouTube account. On August 6, 2013, the band released the music video of their debut single ‘Can We Dance’. This video earned more than 1 million views in just two weeks! It was also ranked second on the UK Singles Chart. Simpson and his band released their second single ‘Wild Heart’ on January 19, 2014. This track peaked at No.3 on the UK Singles Chart. After this, their third single ‘Last Night’ was released which debuted at No.2 in the UK. In April 2014, they released their debut studio album, ‘Meet the Vamps,’ which proved to be a massive success. It featured their super-hit single ‘Somebody to You’ among others. In May 2014, a new version of the song ‘Somebody to You’ was released as Simpson’s band’s first official single in the US, followed by an EP of the same name in August 2014. Then, the singer in collaboration with his band released their second studio album titled ‘Wake Up’ in November 2015. The following year, Simpson and his team recorded a track for the animated flick ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’. They also released the first single from their 3rd album ‘All Night’ that year. Their second single from the upcoming album, ‘Middle of the Night,’ came out in April 2017. In May 2017, the band was featured on ‘Hands’ alongside Sabrina Carpenter and Mike Perry.
- During the years 2015-17, Brad Simpson and his band headlined a number of tours. Some of their tours were ‘The Vamps Asia-Pacific 2015 Tour’, ‘The Vamps North American Tour’ and ‘The Vamps 2017 World Tour’, to name a few. Apart from their own tours, they supported Selena Gomez on her ‘Stars Dance Tour’ in 2013. This was followed by Taylor Swift’s ‘Red Tour’ in 2014. The Vamps also supported The Wanted for their ‘Word of Mouth Tour’ in UK and Ireland from 12 March to 1 April 2014.
- In 2013, Brad Simpson and his band won ‘4Music Video Honours Award’ in the category ‘Your Best Breakthrough’ and ‘The Hot Hits Awards’ in the categories ‘Favorite New Artist’ and ‘Best Group’ respectively. The following year, the British band’s ‘Last Night’ earned them ‘BBC Radio 1 Teens Award’ for ‘Best British Single’. The band also won two ‘Melty Future Awards’ for ‘Prix Special International’ and ‘UK Favorite Breakthrough’ that year.
- Brad Simpson was born as Bradley William Simpson on July 28, 1995 to English parents. He was raised in the Royal Town of Sutton Coldfield, UK. Details about his early life and educational background are not known to the media.
- He has an elder sister, Natalie, who is all set to become The Vamps' first official photographer. Simpson also has a dog named Jesse. Coming to the pop singer’s love life, he was rumored to be in a relationship with singer Lauren Jauregui.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed