Bobby Crosby Bio
Bobby Crosby is an American YouTube star well known for his channel ‘dodgerfilms’ on which he posts videos of him playing baseball and American football video games. He specializes in playing ‘MLB: The Show’ and ‘Madden’ games, along with an engaging commentary about the gameplay, player statistics, features, etc. The gamer also has another channel called ‘Bobby Crosby Games’ where he plays a host of other games like ‘Firewatch’, ‘Outlast’, ‘Rocket League’, ‘Call Of Duty’, etc. Before becoming a YouTuber, he created comic books. Being a huge Los Angeles Dodgers (an American professional baseball team) fan, he went to all their matches and filmed himself catching home runs from the stands for seven game seasons. He uploaded these and other videos like game summary, interactions with fans and players, game bloopers, etc. But after a legal issue with the governing body, ‘MLB’ (Major League Baseball), he had to stop filming such videos. Thereafter, he started posting video game and his own real-life softball game videos. He has a huge fan following on social media and attends Comic-Cons too. One of his graphic novels will soon be made into a Hollywood movie.
- Bobby Crosby began his career as a comic book creator and writer. He has created three online graphic novels ‘Marry Me’, ‘Dreamless’ and ‘Last Blood’. He has always been an avid ‘Los Angeles Dodgers’ (more simply, ‘Dodgers’) fan and has season passes to all their games. He started a YouTube channel in 2008 called ‘dodgerfilms’ where he uploaded videos of himself catching home runs, along with a summary of the game, for seven seasons. The channel also contained game footage, bloopers, interactions with players and fans, etc. His famous home run catches were possible due to his ingenious seating at a particular spot that was always in the first few rows of the Left Field Pavillion of the stadium. His viral videos were also featured on the official ‘MLB’ website as well as their television channel ‘MLB Network’. His channel continued to grow and became a hit with the youngsters as well as the professional players circuit. He is said to have brought baseball back into the limelight with kids when he gave away all the balls that he caught during the games to children. This combined with his engaging videos revived an interest in baseball with the youth. His fame made it to the national news when ‘CNN’ featured him in a segment.Recommended Lists:
- Online fans have frequently mistaken him for his namesake ‘Pittsburgh Pirates’ player since there are quite a few similarities between them. His ‘dodgerfilms’ channel hit the 100,000 subscribers mark in July 2015, just before he got involved in the ‘MLB’ legal controversy wherein he was asked to stop filming live games due to copyright issues.
- After the legal controversy, he struggled for some time to generate content for his channel. But soon, in November 2015, he hit upon the idea of recording his ‘Offseason Softball Series’ and uploading those videos on his channel. The series was a softball game series where he and his fellow ‘Dodgers’ super-fan, Benny, would select players from a lineup of the ‘dodgerfilms’ fans and play a game of softball. He also started posting recorded videos of him playing ‘MLB: The Show’ and ‘Madden’ game, which hit a home run with video game and ‘dodgerfilms’ fans. His channel started gaining more followers and soon it crossed the 500,000 subscribers mark in May 2017. His famous selfies with his baseball glove at the ‘Dodgers’ games have made him famous on Instagram too.
- He also has another YouTube channel ‘Bobby Crosby Games’, where he posts recordings of himself playing games like ‘Firewatch’, ‘Outlast’, ‘Rocket League’, ‘Call Of Duty’, etc. But he does not actively post on that channel anymore. He has made appearances and spoken at panels at several Comic-cons across the U.S. In April 2019, it was announced that a Hollywood movie is going to be made based on his graphic novel ‘Marry Me’.
- On July 4, 2015, a team from the ‘Dodgers’ approached him before a game and asked him to refrain from recording inside the ‘Dodgers’ stadium since he did not have an express written consent from ‘MLB’ to do so. They stated that any ‘Dodgers’ game footage that he had uploaded on his channel would be considered as rebroadcast and infringed upon their copyright.
- Many experts criticized ‘MLB’ for this action, questioning their motive so many years later, and considering the fact that they had often shown his videos on their official website. Stunned ‘dodgerfilms’ fans started a campaign to save the YouTube channel. Nevertheless, he had to remove all live content from his channel, which caused a major disappointment not only for him but also the fans of his videos, including several professional baseball players like ‘Cardinals’ player Trevor Rosenthal, and legendary announcer, Vin Scully.
- But relations between him and MLB have improved since then. In June 2017, he was invited to a ‘Fan Fest’ event organized by MLB to film some videos with them. He met many of his YouTube channel fans at the event, and stated on an Instagram post that the organisers were very nice towards him.
- Bobby Crosby was born on December 19, 1980 in California, USA. Details about his parents and siblings are unavailable. His education and employment information is also not readily available. He has also successfully managed to keep his romantic and personal life details out of the limelight. The Youtuber ‘Benny No’ (Benny Amesquita) seems to be one of his closest friends as they are frequently seen on each other’s channels and Instagram posts. He currently lives in Pasadena, California, USA.
Bobby Crosby Fans Also Viewed