Benny Hinn Biography
Sun Sign: Sagittarius
Also Known As: Toufik Benedictus Hinn
Born in: Jaffa
Spouse/Ex-: Suzanne Hinn
children: Hannah Hinn, Jessica Hinn, Josh Hinn, Natasha Hinn
education: Georges Vanier Secondary School
Benny Hinn is an evangelist and teacher noted as the messenger of God’s life-saving and miracle working power of the Gospel. He organizes healing services in his church, which is known by the name Miracle Crusade, in which he treats humans suffering from various diseases.Over the years, he has authored various best-selling books, including ‘Good Morning’, ‘Holy Spirit’, ‘Prayer That Gets Results’, ‘Blood in the Sand’, and ‘Lamb of God’. He even initiated the popular television program, ‘This Is Your Day’, which has become the world´s most-watched Christian program. With the viewership number crossing the one billion mark, the show is daily seen in over 200 countries on various Christian television networks. Additionally, he and his ministry are engaged in providing food, clothing, shelter, education and religious teachings to children across the globe. He has also rendered his support to various health care facilities, hospitals, crisis relief organizations and feeding programs. Till date, he is committed to teaching the words of God by preaching the Gospel.
- Benny Hinn was born in 1952 in Jaffa to an Armenian mother and a Greek father. His family followed the Eastern orthodox tradition.
- After the end of Arab-Israel War, he along with his family moved base to Toronto, Canada. He enrolled himself at the Georges Vanier Secondary School. However, he did not graduate from the school.
- Very soon he changed his religious loyalties, converting himself from Greek orthodoxy to Pentecostalism. He even joined the singing troupe that comprised of young evangelical.
- He received his Bible education and was mentored by Dr. Winston I. Nunes of Broadview Faith Temple in Toronto. Furthermore, he was influenced by Kathryn Kuhlman, an evangelist who conducted the miracle service. Soon, he surrendered himself to Jesus Christ and was called to minister the Gospel.
- In 1974, he received a vision of people falling into the inferno. He then heard the words of God which explicitly called him to preach so as to restraint the souls from falling down.
- It was in December 1974 that he first stood behind the pulpit to preach the Gospel. Interestingly, he suffered from a stuttering problem which healed automatically. The turn of events led him to fearlessly go about preaching the words of God.
- Thereafter, he moved to Orlando, United States, where he founded the Orlando Christian Centre in 1983.
- Soon, he claimed to have become the chosen disciple of God who was using him as a channel for healing humans suffering from various diseases. He started organizing healing services in his church.
- Commonly known as Miracle Crusades, the healing services soon gained popularity and began to be held in large auditoriums and stadiums across US and other countries of the world. In 1989, he conducted the first nationally televised service in Flint Michigan.
- The success of the healing services led him to launch a daily talk show by the name ‘This is Your Day’. The program which premiered on the Trinity Broadcasting Network of Paul Crouch, went on to telecast supposed miracles from his Miracle Crusades.
- The show became world’s most-watched Christian program and was telecast on various Christian television networks including Trinity Broadcasting Network, Daystar Television Network, Revelation TV, Grace TV, Vision TV, INSP Networks, and The God Channel
- ‘This is Your Day’ enhanced his popularity amongst the common people and won him praises from Christian leaders.
- In 1999, he stepped down from his position of a pastor at the Orlando Christian Center shifting the ministry’s administrative headquarters to Grapevine, Texas. Currently, he is settled at Orange County, California along with his family.
- Till date, he conducts his faith healing event popularly known as ‘Miracle Crusades’ in major cities across the globe. Tens of thousands of people have visited his Holy Spirit Miracle Crusade camp each year. What’s more, he witnessed a 7.3 million attendance in three services in India, which is the largest ever healing service recorded.
- His ministry supports 60 mission organizations and orphanages across the globe, offering food, clothing, shelter, education and religious training to more than 10000 children per year and supporting 45000 children on a daily basis. Furthermore, it provides fee care services at a hospital in India, where more than 200,000 patients are treated annually.
- His ministry also forwarded a supporting hand during natural calamities like Hurricane Katrina and Tsunami Relief offering monetary support for relief supplies to the victims
- He tied the nuptial knot with Suzanne Harthern on August 4, 1979. The couple was blessed with four children, three daughters - Jessica, Natasha and Eleasha Hinn and a son - Joshua Hinn.
- The marriage did not last forever and the two filed for a divorce in Orange County Superior Court on February 1, 2010.
- He was allegedly in a relationship with evangelist Paula White but denied of the same. In 2011, he was sued by the Christian publishing house Strang Communications, for violating the morality clause of his contract because of having an affair with Paula.
- In 2012, he reconciled with his former wife, Suzanne and eventually remarried her on March 3, 2013 at the Holy Land Experience Theme Park. The ceremony was attended by more than 1000 well-wishers.
- This televangelist commenced the television show, ‘This is Your Day’, which went on to become the most popular Christian show ever.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed