Bella Hadid Biography
Sun Sign: Libra
Also Known As: Isabella Khair Hadid
Born in: Los Angeles, California
Famous as: Model
father: Mohamed Hadid
mother: Yolanda Hadid
U.S. State: California
City: Los Angeles
Isabella Khair Hadid, known popularly as Bella Hadid, is an American model. Considered one of the most stylish and talented young models in the contemporary fashion scene, she won the prestigious ‘Model of the Year’ title at Model.com’s Model of the Year Awards in 2016. Hadid began her modeling career at an early age with a Flynn Skye commercial project. She went on to model for prominent fashion designers, such as Diane von Fürstenberg, Marc Jacobs, Chanel, Balmain and Tommy Hilfiger. She has appeared on the covers of magazines like ‘Seventeen,’ ‘Elle,’ ‘Teen Vogue’ and ‘Vogue Australia’ as well. Besides modeling, she has launched her own fashion clothing line named ‘Robert Riley’s. She is also quite active on social media, with 17 million followers on her Instagram account and around 992 thousand followers on Twitter.
- Bella Hadid began her modeling career with a Flynn Skye commercial project at the age of 16. Soon after, she was featured in other projects including the ‘Swan Sittings’ by Lesa Amoore and ‘Smoking Hot’ by Holly Copeland. She also did campaigns for Chrome Hearts in 2013 and 2014.
- She signed with IMG Models in August 2014 and made her New York Fashion Week debut the same year, walking for Desigual. She walked for Tom Ford in Los Angeles in the spring fashion weeks of 2015. She later walked for others, such as Diane von Fürstenberg, Tommy Hilfiger, Jeremy Scott, and Marc Jacobs. She also modeled for Balmain at the Paris Fashion Week. She made her Chanel debut in December 2015, and walked in the luxury brand's Métiers d'Art show in Rome for the first time.
- She made her first cover appearance on ‘Jalouse Magazine’ in December 2014. She then continued to appear on covers of several magazines, such as ‘Unconditional Magazine,’ ‘Grey Magazine,’ ‘V Magazine,’ ‘Evening Standard,’ ‘Teen Vogue’ and ‘Twin Magazine.’ She has also appeared in editorials for various magazines like ‘Vogue Girl Japan,’ ‘Harper’s Bazaar,’ and ‘W magazine.’ She also serves as an ambassador of Dior Beauty, Bulgari's accessory lines, and TAG Heuer.
- The popular model has won multiple awards, including the Model of the Year at the Daily Front Row’s Fashion Los Angeles Awards and Model of the Year at the GQ Men of the Year Awards, both in 2016.
- Isabella Khair Hadid was born on 9th October 1996 in Los Angeles, California, US. Her father Mohamed Hadid is a real estate developer while her mother Yolanda Hadid is a former model. She has two siblings, a younger brother named Anwar and an older sister named Gigi, who is also a popular model. She also has two half-sisters from her father’s side. She was raised along with her siblings in a ranch in Santa Barbara, California.
- Though she had dropped out of school due to her modeling career, she has shown interest in returning to school to learn fashion photography.
- She was arrested in July 2014 for driving under influence. Her driver’s license was suspended for a year and she also received probation for six months.
- In 2015, she started dating Canadian singer Abel Makkonen Tesfaye, who is popularly known as The Weeknd. The couple broke up in 2016.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed