Ava Sambora Biography
Sun Sign: Libra
Also Known As: Ava Elizabeth Sambora
Born in: Los Angeles, California
Famous as: Model
father: Richie Sambora
mother: Heather Locklear
U.S. State: California
City: Los Angeles
education: Viewpoint School (2015), Loyola Marymount University
Ava Sambora is an American actor and model. She is the only child of Hollywood actor Heather Locklear and her former husband, Richie Sambora, the lead guitarist of the rock band 'Bon Jovi.' An 'Alpha Phi member' from 'Loyola Marymount University,' Ava has made a name for herself in the entertainment industry. She came under the spotlight at the age of 12, when she walked the runway for her father’s fashion line. She later became a bikini model. She has campaigned for 'Teen Vogue' and a packaged drinking water brand. Her acting credits include the comedy film 'This Is 40,' the web series 'Summer Break,' and 'Good Luck Charlie.' Ava also posts her pictures on her 'Instagram' account, which has garnered a modest number of followers.
- Ava was born Ava Elizabeth Sambora, on October 4, 1997, in Los Angeles, California, Hollywood diva Heather Locklear and her former husband, ‘Bon Jovi’ guitarist Richie Sambora. She graduated from 'Viewpoint High School' in Calabasas, California, in 2015. Ava is a member of the 'Alpha Phi International Women’s Fraternity' at the 'Loyola Marymount University,' Los Angeles. Ava initially planned to attend 'New York University.' However, she dropped her plan after starting her internet career during the 2015 summer in California. In an interview with 'Teen Vogue,' Ava revealed that she loved high-school cheerleading. She was a flier on her school’s squad.
- Ava was active in extracurricular activities throughout her school and college. She simultaneously focused on her studies, too. Her father once told 'People' that she scored a 4.2 GPA and had 11 scholarship offers.
- Like her mother, Ava always aspired to become an actor. She made her debut in 2010, with the 'Disney Channel' sitcom 'Good Luck Charlie.' Ava appeared as ‘Future Charlie Duncan’ in its episode ‘Futuredrama.' The same year, she ventured into modeling and walked for her father's clothing line, 'White Trash Beautiful,’ at the 'Los Angeles Fashion Weekend.' Ava made her big-screen debut 2 years later, with Judd Apatow's 'Universal' comedy 'This Is 40.' She was featured as ‘Wendy,’ the best friend of the lead character, ‘Sadie,’ played by Maude Apatow. In 2015, she teamed up with her Calabasas friends for the 'YouTube' reality show 'Summer Break.’ She was cast in the third season of the show that chronicled the life-changing experiences of a group of Los Angeles children.
- After the web series, Ava took a short career break and made a comeback in 2016 as a bikini model. She was part of a bikini photoshoot at Malibu beach for 'Baes and Bikinis,' a swimwear brand designed by Malibu resident Stephanie Princi. Ava later became the brand ambassador of the line, and in 2017, she walked the runway for the brand. In 2015, she was featured and profiled in the teenagers’ lifestyle and fashion journal 'Teen Vogue.' She has also modeled for '138 Water,' a packaged drinking water brand. Ava’s 'Instagram' page features her jaw-dropping pictures and has earned over 144 thousand followers.
- Ava’s parents are divorced. Heather and Richie got married on December 17, 1994, in Paris. In 2006, Ava’s mother filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences. The divorce was finalized in April 2007. Heather and Richie were granted joint custody of Ava. Even after the divorce, Heather and Richie spend time together, with Ava. In 2015, the three went on a trip to Bora Bora. Ava also spent time with Richie’s former guitarist girlfriend, Orianthi. They vacationed together while Ava was shooting for 'Baes and Bikinis.'
- Being a bikini model, Ava is a fitness freak. She visits the gym regularly to keep her bikini-perfect body in shape. A music lover, too, Ava loves listening to Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus. She never leaves her house without her sunglasses and ‘ChapStick.’
How To Cite
People Also Viewed