Bella Thorne Biography
Nick Name: Anabella Avery Thorne
Sun Sign: Libra
Also Known As: Annabella Avery Thorne
Born in: Pembroke Pines, Florida
Famous as: Actress, singer
father: Reinaldo Thorne
mother: Tamara Thorne
siblings: Dani Thorne, Kilie Thorne, Remi Thorne
Diseases & Disabilities: Dyslexia
U.S. State: Florida
Bella Thorne is a popular name in American television. She is known for her role of Ruthy Spivey in the television drama ‘My Own Worst Enemy.' Bella was diagnosed with dyslexia in the first grade, but she overcame it with rigorous writing and reading practice. She started her acting career with an uncredited role in the 2003 film ‘Stuck on You.’ Bella received a major break in 2007 when she was cast as Margaux Darling in the second season of the TV series ‘Dirty Sexy Money.’ The year 2010 saw another major role for her when she replaced Jolean Wejbe on HBO's ‘Big Love.’ However, Bella is best known for playing Cece Jones, a major role in ‘Shake It Up,’ a Disney Channel series. She portrayed an ambitious dancer with dyslexia.
- Bella's acting career saw a meteoric rise in the year 2008 when she got an opportunity to play Ruthey Spivey alongside Mädchen Amick and Taylor Lautner in the famous television drama ‘My Own Worst Enemy.’ She then got another big break where she played the popular CeCe Jones in ‘Shake it up’ on the Disney Channel. She came up really good with her acting and started giving voices to popular cartoon series like ‘Phineas and Ferb.’ The year 2012 saw Bella Thorne launching her first album –‘Made in Japan’ followed by a single ‘TTYLXOX’and another album and a single ‘Jersey’ and ‘Call it whatever’ respectively. She launched her first teenagers’ novel in the year 2015, which was followed by another one in the next year. She also voiced a Video Game - 'Marvel Avengers Academy.' Thus, the recent few years have seen her climb from a simple side-line actress to a popular multi-talented star.
- One of the things that makes the Disney Channel so popular is that it has shows with relatable story-lines and Bella Thorne’s CeCe Jones of ‘Shake It Up’ fame is no exception. Having been diagnosed with dyslexia herself in the first grade, Bella could very realistically portray the ambitious, dyslexic dance prodigy on reel. One of the lesser known facts about Bella Thorne is that she was bullied in school, due to which she was home-schooled for a while. Drawing from her early experiences, she now often speaks out against bullying and encourages many others to do so.Her off-screen support for dyslexic kids is also inspiring.
- Bella Thorne supports welfare campaigns and is involved in many philanthrophic activities along with charitable ones with different organizations like ‘DoSomething.org,' ‘TjMartell Foundation,’ and ‘Friends of El Faro.’ She has also worked to spread knowledge and awareness about dyslexia. When asked about her dyslexia, she says, "I have to work extra hard because I am dyslexic. People said that I couldn't be an actress, but I'm proving them wrong. Acting has helped me overcome the challenge.”
- Bella is a supporter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, the Humane Society, and the Nomad Organisation, which provides the poor children in Africa with medical support, food, and education. She also sponsors a child named Lydia Kanini Kiio in Kibwezi, Kenya.
- Bella Thorne was born in Pembroke Pines in Florida and has three elder siblings. They are all actors. Bella’s father died in a motorcycle accident in 2007. Her mother, Tamara Thorne, is a bestselling American horror writer. Bella was diagnosed with dyslexia as a kid. She overcame it with hard work and practice. She was also bullied in school. She is also an ambassador for Neutrogena products. She came out as bisexual in August 2016.
- Bella’s first language is Spanish, but she dropped when she started attending school. She has a wolf-husky mix pup named ‘Vodoo’ and a cocker spaniel named ‘Pyro.'
Bella Thorne Movies
1. The DUFF (2015)
2. Blended (2014)
3. The Babysitter (2017)
4. Midnight Sun (2018)
5. Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (2014)
6. The Death and Life of John F. Donovan (2019)
7. Finishing the Game: The Search for a New Bruce Lee (2007)
8. Stuck on You (2003)
How To Cite
People Also Viewed