Ashley Alexiss Biography
Nick Name: Ashley Alexiss Smith
Sun Sign: Sagittarius
Born in: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Famous as: Model/Reality TV Star
Spouse/Ex-: Travis Yohé (Fiancé)
mother: Velvet Smith
U.S. State: Massachusetts
education: Kaplan University, Florida; Northeast Regional Metropolitan High School, Massachusetts
Ashley Alexiss is a famous fashion model and TV Personality. Before you presume she is just another pretty face with reed thin body, stop. Ashley is a pretty face alright, but her representation is not for the Barbie emulating, size-zero worshipping crowds, but of real women with a considerable bust and healthy body. She is a successful Plus Sized model with luscious curves that jumps out from the pages of the magazine. She is also a successful entrepreneur and the CEO of a swimsuit brand named after her. A perfect combination of beauty and brains, she also stars in reality TV show, besides modeling and business endeavors. She is extremely active on social media and has quite the following, which has already crossed the million mark. At a very young age, Ashley is all focused on proving a point to the world, that plus-sized models are here to stay and the perception of beauty among the fashion industry is gradually changing thanks to pioneers like her.
- Ashley started modeling in 2006, barely out of high school. Being a plus-sized girl, she initially stumbled to get modelling gigs despite a beautiful face. All the rejection and body-shaming made her even more determined to succeed and change the perceptions of the shallow modelling industry.
- She found her first taste of success when she was featured as the cover model for the Exposure 101, 2010 Calendar. Ashley’s smoking hot poses in the calendar brought her to everyone’s notice and the media exploded in her praise. Since then she has been featured in top notch publications like Sexy Skin Magazine, New England Hiphop, Playboy, Maxim, American Honey and RG Magazine.
- She was named Model of the week on Top Models Weekly in 2011. She was also the 3rd finalist in the Playboy Miss Social Campaign in 2010 and one of the top 15 finalists of Playboy Intimates in 2011.She has also been featured as the Playboy South Africa's, Girl Next Door and has a full pictorial feature in the magazine in 2011. She has been featured multiple times in the various lists of sexy plus-sized women.
- She has been the brand ambassador for Singe Eyewear, Pink Lipstick Lingerie and Starwear Bikinis.
- Ashley has also featured in several music videos for upcoming artists like Thirteen Yards to Victory, Andrew Bees, Erick Emmanuel and Yeshua Alexander.
- She appears regularly on the Oxygen Network’s reality show "Fix My Mom" along with her mom velvet.
- The most amazing thing about Ashley Alexiss is that she is not just an average pretty face. There’s more behind that angelic face and those sexy curves. Ashley has proved to her fans that anything is possible with the right amount of hard work and dedication.
- To improve her modeling and acting skills, she has taken several professional training including Film Acting, Soap Opera Acting and Dancing which includes genres like Hip Hop, Tap and Jazz.
- Ashley continued modeling throughout her late teens and twenties but went back to school to get advanced degrees in business and communication.
- She successfully pursued her MBA from Kaplan University, Florida in 2015 from where she already had a Bachelor’s degree in Communications. She also ran her own awareness campaign against breast cancer in 2011 in the form of a fashion show.
- She is an outspoken person who is not at all afraid to speak my mind. She is often known to engage in twitter battles against people who condone bodyshaming.
- She is an encouragement to girls who do not have the perfect body according to popular industry standards and showed that it is still possible to embrace success being exactly what you are.
- In 2014, Ashley launched her own brand of swimwear which she advocated as tailor-made for the plus-sized women. She models them herself and posts regular pictures on her Instagram account. She is currently the CEO of her own company and her success is growing every day.
- Ashley was born in Boston and she grew up there. She went to Northeast Regional Metropolitan High School. Her mother’s name is Velvet and father’s name is unknown. It is not clear whether Ashley has any siblings or not. She started dating Businessman Travis Yohé a while back and the gentleman recently proposed to her on a boat with the most perfect tear drop diamond ring. The couple is currently in the process of finding the perfect venue and planning the wedding.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed