Antonio Brown is an American professional footballer who serves as the wide receiver and punt returner for the Pittsburgh Steelers of the National Football League. He is the son of the star Arena Football League player, Eddie Brown, but lived away from his father during his childhood and spent most of his teenage years without proper guidance and support. Despite this, he made his way into the college football team at Central Michigan University and was later selected by the Pittsburgh Steelers as their wide receiver. He left behind his peers in tough competition to become the star player for his team and went on to break numerous NFL records, as well set a host of new records. He is arguably the best wide receiver in NFL currently. He has been selected for Pro Bowl five times and has been named First Team All-Pro four times.
- Antonio Brown was born on July 10, 1988, in Miami, Florida, to former Arena Football League player, Eddie Brown, and Adrianne Moss. His father, who played for the Albany/Indiana Firebirds, was voted the league’s greatest player ever.Antonio has a younger brother named Desmond Brown, who also became a professional footballer and plays for Pittsburgh Panthers. His parents separated in the mid 1990s, after his father started playing for Albany/Indiana Firebirds.His mother remarried when he was 12 years old, and he was subsequently kicked out of the house at the age of 16 as he didn't get along well with his stepfather. For about six months, he had to spend nights at a friend's couch, inside a car or in a cheap motel.He attended Miami Norland High School in Miami, Florida, where he earned the 'North Athlete of the Year' title at 2005 Miami-Dade Gridiron Classic. However, as his studies suffered due to his personal issues, he missed entry into Florida State University and had to take prep classes at North Carolina Tech for one year in 2006.After spending one season at North Carolina Tech, he earned a scholarship to Florida International University in Miami, but even before he could officially join the team, he was expelled for getting into a dispute. Fortunately, he got a call from Zach Azzanni, an old acquaintance, who offered him a place at Central Michigan University.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:College Career
- In 2007, Antonio Brown enrolled at Central Michigan University as a walk-on wide receiver for their football team. Azzanni also helped him get a scholarship within a few weeks.While coach Butch Jones was skeptical at first, he soon recognized Brown's potential and played him for 14 matches during his freshman year. He eventually went on to win the 'Mid-American Conference Freshman of the Year' and was All-Conference as a returner.In his sophomore year in 2008, he played in all the matches and scored a season-high two touchdown receptions against Temple. He had a total of 93 receptions for 998 yards and seven scores during that season.He once again achieved a season-high two touchdowns against the Zips during his junior year and also had a season-high 13 receptions for 178 yards against Troy. He set the records for best single-season figures of 110 receptions, 1,198 receiving yards, and nine touchdowns.Professional Career
- In 2010, Antonio Brown left college without completing senior year to enter the 2010 NFL Draft. He was selected by the Pittsburgh Steelers as their 2nd wide receiver pick, and was the 22nd overall wide receiver to be selected.He debuted in the 2010 season against the Tennessee Titans. After his team finished first in the AFC North, he helped his team reach the Super Bowl, but failed to win his first Super Bowl match against the Green Bay Packers in February 2011.During the 2011 season, he overtook Emmanuel Sanders, Arnaz Battle, Limas Sweed, and Jerricho Cotchery to be the Steelers' third wide receiver behind Hines Ward and Mike Wallace. Playing 16 games that season, he made 69 receptions for 1,108 yards, two touchdown receptions and three starts.Continue Reading BelowHe had a rough season in 2012, during which he was fined for $10,000 for unsportsmanlike conduct in a match against the Washington Redskins. He also sustained ankle sprain and had to rest for three matches. He finished the season with 66 receptions for 787 yards and five touchdowns in 13 games and ten starts.Entering the 2013 season as a starting wide receiver for the Pittsburgh Steelers along with Emmanuel Sanders, he broke the 1997 record by Yancey Thigpen for single-season team record of 1,398 receiving yards. He also joined teammate Hines Ward to become the second Steeler to amass at least 100 receptions in a season.During the 2014 season, he was fined $8,200 for accidentally kicking Cleveland Browns punter Spencer Lanning while attempting to hurdle. By season end, he made three new team records for 129 receptions, 1698 receiving yards, and 13 touchdowns, for which he was tied for second.In 2015, he entered NFL's 200 all-time receiving yards list with a career total to 5,587 yards, surpassing Steelers' legend Lynn Swann on the list. During the season, he surpassed his own previous record with 136 receptions for 1,834 yards and 10 touchdowns, and set two records on the way for most receptions in a two-year and a three-year span.During the 2016 season, he entered the NFL top 100 all-time for career receptions, as well as top 100 for career receiving yards. By the end of the season, he became second in career receptions and third in career receiving yards for the Steelers, while ranking 57th and 78th in the NFL all-time list.Achievements
- In 2011, Antonio Brown became the first player in NFL history to have 1000+ receiving yards and return yards in the same season. He also became the first player with at least 125 receptions in two straight seasons (2014-15).Antonio Brown has been selected for Pro Bowl five times in his career, with fourth straight selection in 2016. He has also been named First Team All-Pro for the third consecutive time that year.Personal Life & Legacy
- Antonio Brown has four children, the eldest two, son Antonio Brown Jr. and daughter Antanyiah are from his former partner. Since 2011, he has been in a relationship with Chelsie Kyriss, with whom he has two sons, Autonomy and Ali King, and is expecting a third child.In early 2017, he was spotted with model Jenna Frumes, sparking dating rumors. However, once the rumors started to spread, he reportedly left her to be with his partner Kyriss, attributing it to a call from the God.Trivia
- After being selected by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 2010 NFL Draft, he chose 84 as his jersey number. According to him, 32 (8x4) teams overlooked him during the section, which he wanted to remember as an added motivation.In March 2016, he appeared on season 22 of the ABC dance competition show, 'Dancing with the Stars'. He competed on the show with his partner professional dancer Sharna Burgess, and reached the semifinals, finishing at 4th place before being eliminated.
How To CiteArticle Title- Antonio Brown BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/antonio-brown-32945.phpLast Updated- June 15, 2017
People Also Viewed