Nick Name: Cam
Also Known As: Cameron Jerrell Newton
Famous as: American Football Player
Age: 28 Years
Sun Sign: Taurus
Height: 1.96 m
Born in: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
father: Cecil Newton, Sr.
mother: Jackie Newton
siblings: Cecil Newton
City, States, Provinces & Districts: Georgia
Net worth: $45 Million as of Dec 24, 2016
education: Westlake High School, Auburn University, University of Florida, Blinn College
awards: Heisman Trophy
Cameron Jerrell Newton is an American footballer who plays for the Carolina Panthers of the National Football League. Newton, who first came into limelight for winning the Heisman Trophy at Auburn University, was later drafted into the NFL in 2011. He is also known for being the only person ever to win the Heisman trophy, a National Championship, as well as get drafted into the NFL within a one year span. After being selected by Carolina Panthers in the 2011 NFL draft, Newton earned fame as one of the league’s finest players. He broke all-time records for passing and rushing yards within his rookie year. In the year 2015, he became the first quarterback in the entire history of NFL to throw for at least thirty touchdowns along with rushing for ten in the same season. Newton is a Christian, and despite the achievements he has made at a young age, he is of humble nature. He is stated to be extremely devoted to God, and believes that he is only an instrument of the Divine. Along with being a successful footballer, he is also known as a motivational speaker.
- Cam Newton was born on 11 May 1989 in Atlanta, Georgia, to Cecil and Jackie Newton. He was the second of three sons. Being born in a family where athletics and physical activities were given much importance, he was exposed to a variety of sports at a young age by his father.He attended Westlake High School in Atlanta, where his sporting skills gained him immense attention from college football scouts. During his time at the school, he played for the Westlake Lions high school football team. By the time he was in his senior year, his skills became well-known and he received scholarship offers from several universities, such as the University of Georgia and the University of Florida.Newton made the decision to join the University of Florida, and for the years 2007 and 2008, he played for the Florida Gators. He beat out John Brantley as the back-up for Tim Tebow, who became the Heisman Trophy winner in 2007. However, for the next season, he couldn’t play much due to an ankle injury, and sat out for almost the entire season.He was arrested in 2008 on charges of burglary, as he was accused of stealing a laptop from another university student, after which he was suspended from the team. Though he was found guilty and made to complete a court-approved pre-trial diversion program, he stated that a person should not be judged because of a senseless mistake, and also that they deserve a second chance.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Cam Newton then transferred to Blinn College in Brenham, Texas, where he led his team to the 2009 NJCAA National Football Championship, throwing for 2,833 yards with 22 touchdowns and rushing for 655 yards. By this time, he had earned a lot of fame and reputation, and was ranked by Rivals.com as the number one quarterback from either high school or junior college.Later he moved to Auburn University, and signed with the Auburn Tigers. He played brilliantly for the team, and led them to the 2010 BCS National Championship. Along with being the winner of the Heisman Trophy, not only was Newton named the Southeastern Conference Player of the Year, but he also earned the name of the AP Player of the Year.After being drafted into the NFL in 2011, he signed a four-year contract with the Carolina Panthers, which was worth $22 million. On his debut match against the Arizona Cardinals, he set a record for rookies with 422 passing yards. However, despite his brilliant performance, his team failed to win.It was only in his third week that Cam tasted his first victory with the Panthers, against the Jacksonville Jaguars. He had a total of 158 passing yards and one touchdown during the match. He played brilliantly for the rest of the season, and was eventually named ‘Offensive Rookie of the Year’.Newton continued playing for the Panthers for the next few years, and rose to become one of the best players of the team, as well as a prominent footballer. In 2016, he was ranked as the top player in the NFL on the ‘NFL Top Players of 2016 list’.Awards & Achievements
- Throughout his career, Cam Newton has won several awards along with having registered various achievements. Some of the awards he has won are ‘Heisman Trophy’ (2010), ‘Walter Camp Award’, ‘(2010), All-Iron Award’ (2015), and ‘Best NFL Player ESPY Award’ (2016).He has made numerous achievements as well, which include being the first and only rookie to pass for more than 4000 yards and rush for more than 700 yards, and being the fastest player to throw 1000 yards.Personal Life
- Cam Newton has been dating Kia Proctor from a long time. The couple had a son in 2015 and a daughter in 2017.His older brother, Cecil Newton Jr., used to play for the Baltimore Ravens.Net Worth
- Cam Newton has an estimated net worth of $45 million.Trivia
- Though he was involved in a serious car crash in 2014 which gave him two back fractures, he miraculously made a full recovery in twelve days.
How To CiteArticle Title- Cam Newton BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/cam-newton-14434.phpLast Updated- June 15, 2017
People Also Viewed
Pictures of Cam NewtonPrevious NextImage Credithttp://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/02/cam-newton-critcismImage Credithttp://www.salon.com/2016/02/06/cam_newton_is_becoming_the_face_of_the_nfl_and_that_scares_the_hell_out_of_the_racists_whove_tried_to_tear_him_down_all_year/Image Credithttp://taddlr.com/celebrity/cam-newton/Image Credithttp://gazettereview.com/2016/12/cam-newton-net-worth-rich-cam-newton/