Nick Name: Gronk
Sun Sign: Taurus
Born in: Amherst, New York, United States
Famous as: American Football Player
father: Gordon Gronkowski
mother: Diane Gronkowski
siblings: Chris Gronkowski, Dan Gronkowski, Glenn Gronkowski, Gordie Gronkowski Jr.
U.S. State: New Yorkers
education: Woodland Hills High School
Robert Gronkowski, also known by his nickname ‘Gronk’, is a well-known American football player who plays for the New England Patriots of the National Football League (NFL). Drafted by the Patriots during the second round of the 2010 NFL Draft, Gronkowski proved his worth the following year, after he set the single-season record for receiving yards by a tight end, with a total of 17 receiving touchdowns. Undoubtedly one of the best tight ends in the history of the NFL, he is also the first tight end to have three seasons with 10+ touchdowns as well as 1000+ receiving yards. In addition to his football career, he is also involved with several corporations. He signed a deal with Dunkin Donuts to endorse and promote their products. He also teamed with “opendorse” to promote a mobile app named ‘NFL Showdown: Football Manager.” He has also launched an energy drink which goes by his nickname ‘Gronk’. It was distributed by Coca Cola. Known for his fun-loving personality, he has appeared in a fictionalized version of himself in the American comedy movie ‘Entourage’, as well as in an episode of ‘Family Guy’, an American adult comedy series.
- Robert Gronkowski was born on 14 May 1989 in New York. He is of Polish descent. He has four brothers, and interestingly all of them were involved in sports during college. One of them, Dan, was selected in the 2009 NFL Draft, after which he played for a period of five years.He attended Williamsville Hills High School, and later Woodland Hills High School. He was quite active in a variety of sports including basketball and football. His amazing athletic skills earned him a lot of popularity and appreciation, and he was mentioned by several journals and publications.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- After his high school graduation, Robert Gronkowski chose to attend the University of Arizona, and started playing for the Arizona Wildcats. His performance as a freshman in 2007 was excellent, with 28 receptions for 525 yards and six touchdowns. He received honorable mentions from several publications.In the next season, he missed the first three games but later recorded 47 receptions for 672 yards, along with ten touchdowns. During the season, he was also named the John Mackey National Tight End of the Week twice. Despite being a brilliant player, he had to miss his junior season in 2009 due to a back injury.During the 2010 NFL Draft, he was drafted by the New England Patriots in the second round. On 25 July, he signed a four-year contract which was worth $4.4 million including a signing bonus of $1.76 million.His performance in his first season was remarkable, and won him three nominations for Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week.His second season began well, with him catching his first touchdown in their first victory over the Miami Dolphins. By the eleventh week, he was leading all tight ends with a total of 10 touchdowns.During the Patriots’ victorious match against Indianapolis Colts, he broke the NFL record for touchdowns scored in a single season by a tight end. He ended the season with 1,327 receiving yards, breaking all previous records, and with 18 total touchdowns.During his third season, he became the third tight end in the history of the NFL to complete three seasons with at least ten touchdown receptions. However, he suffered two injuries during the season, the first when he broke his left forearm during the eleventh week, and the second one was when he re-injured the same arm during the seventeenth week.In early 2013, he was diagnosed with an infection in his forearm for which he was initially placed on a course of antibiotics. Later, he went through surgery as well. By October 2013, he was ready to play again.He continued playing brilliantly for the Patriots. His performance in the 2014 season won him the ‘Comeback of the Year’ award at the ESPY awards.Gronkowski was ranked as the ninth best player of the ‘NFL Top 100 Players of 2016’. Though he had been playing brilliantly during the 2016 season, he suffered two severe injuries due to which he was on injured reserve for most of the season. Despite this, he finished the season with 25 receptions on 38 targets for 540 yards and three touchdowns.Awards & Achievements
- Some of the important awards in Gronk’s career include the ‘NFL receiving touchdowns leader’ (2011) and ‘NFL Comeback of the Year’ (2014).He is the first tight end to have completed three seasons with 10+ touchdowns and 1000+ receiving yards and also the first one to have achieved most offensive touchdowns in his first two seasons.Personal Life
- Rob Gronkowski is reportedly single. He has mostly kept his personal life private and not much is known about his dating life.He is known for his fun loving personality and positive attitude. He also loves partying and says that it improves his playing skills. Along with football, he is also involved with several corporations, and earns handsomely from his endorsement deals.He made a cameo appearance in the 2015 American comedy movie ‘Entourage’. Directed by Doug Ellin, the film featured several celebrities in cameos, including boxer Mike Tyson, singer Pharrell Williams, and footballer Clay Matthews III. It was a mild commercial success. However, reviews were mostly negative.Net Worth
- His estimated net worth is $15 million.
How To CiteArticle Title- Rob Gronkowski BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/rob-gronkowski-15412.phpLast Updated- January 09, 2018
People Also Viewed