Anne Vyalitsyna Biography
Sun Sign: Pisces
Also Known As: Anna Sergeyevna Vyalitsyna
Born Country: Russia
Born in: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Famous as: Model
father: Sergei Vyalitsyn
mother: Alla Vyalitsyna
children: Alaska Cahan
Partner: Adam Cahan
Anna Sergeyevna "Anne" Vyalitsyna is a Russian-born American model and actress. She has garnered fame for her ten consecutive annual appearances in the ‘Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.’ Originally from the city of Gorky, Vyalitsyna grew up in an affluent family. She began modelling when she was 15 years old after being spotted by IMG Models scouts in Saint Petersburg during their search for new faces for MTV's Fashionably Loud Europe. She took part in the competition and later relocated to New York. In the ensuing years, she has worked in the commercial campaigns for some of the top brands in the world, walked for several renowned fashion designers, and appeared in numerous popular fashion magazines. She made her first appearance in the ‘Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue’ in 2005 and continued to be featured in it each year until 2014. Vyalitsyna has worked with musical acts like Maroon 5 and Alanis Morissette in their music videos. In the second season of the Oxygen series, ‘The Face’, she served as a coach. In 2013, she made her acting debut in an uncredited role in the action film ‘A Good Day to Die Hard’.
- Opportunities began to pour in after Anne Vyalitsyna won a competition sponsored by IMG and MTV. She was hired by Anna Molinari, Chloé and Sportmax and featured on the covers of Vogue, ELLE, and Glamour. Her debut appearance in the ‘Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue’ occurred in 2005. In the following nine years, she was featured in that many swimsuit issues of the magazine. She became the object/subject of artist Joanne Gair’s body painting works in the 2005 edition.
- Vyalitsyna has appeared on the ramp for fashion houses like Shiatzy Chen, Chanel, Prada, Louis Vuitton, Dolce and Gabbana, Roberto Cavalli, Miu Miu, Chloé, and Givenchy. She also appeared on the ramp in the 2008, 2010, and 2011 Victoria's Secret Fashion Shows. In 2011, she took part in the Dylan George & Co. and Abbot+Main clothing campaign with Kellan Lutz. Vyalitsyna was affiliated with Women Model Management before switching to The Lions agency in early 2014.
- In 2016, she appeared on the runway for Versace SS 2017 alongside Carmen Kass, Bette Franke, Adriana Lima, Caroline Trentini, Naomi Campbell, and MariaCarla Boscono. In 2004, she was featured in the music video for Alanis Morissette’s song 'Out Is Through' (version 2). She worked with Maroon 5 in the music videos for two of their songs, ‘Misery’ (original and UK versions) (2010) and ‘Never Gonna Leave This Bed’ (2011).
- Vyalitsyna is also popular by the moniker Anne V. She served as the coach in the second season of the Oxygen reality television modelling competition series ‘The Face’ (2014). The show was hosted by Nigel Barker, and Naomi Campbell and Lydia Hearst also appeared as coaches that season.
- Vyalitsyna made her first cinematic appearance in an uncredited role in the 2013 action film ‘A Good Day to Die Hard’. The fifth instalment of the ‘Die Hard’ film series, the film also stars Bruce Willis, Jai Courtney, Sebastian Koch, and Rasha Bukvić. While it was panned by the critics, it was a commercial hit, earning $304.7 million at the box office against its $92 million budget. In 2014, she portrayed a character named Brooke in the drama film ‘Lullaby’. Written and directed by Andrew Levitas, the film revolves around a man who is detached from his family and learns that his father has decided to take himself off life support within 48 hours.
- Born on March 19, 1986, in Gorky (now Nizhny Novgorod), Soviet Union, Anne Vyalitsyna is the daughter of Alla Vyalitsyna and Sergei Vyalitsyn. Both her parents are doctors. Her mother is a paediatrician, while her father serves as a sports doctor for an association football team.
- She has always been interested in the world of glamour and fashion. At the age of 15, she was recruited in Saint Petersburg by scouts representing IMG Models for MTV's Fashionably Loud Europe. She took part in the competition and relocated to New York after emerging the winner in a contest backed by IMG and MTV.
- In the past, she was in a relationship with the singer, musician, actor, and frontman of Maroon 5, Adam Levine. They were featured together on the November 2011 cover of ‘Vogue Russia.’ In March 2012, the couple parted ways. Sometime in 2014, she began dating consumer technology executive Adam Cahan. On March 15, 2015, Vyalitsyna revealed that she had become pregnant with her and Cahan’s first child together. Their daughter, Alaska, was born on June 25, 2015. The couple later stated that they named their daughter after the US state because that is where America and Russia meet. On June 5, 2016, a Facebook message was sent out confirming the news that Vyalitsyna and Cahan had become engaged.
- On November 16, 2013, she was granted American citizenship. At present, she resides in San Francisco, California. She took part in and finished the 2009 ING New York City Marathon. She served as a guide to a disabled athlete during the marathon for Achilles International and posted tweets about the race in real-time.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed