Aisha Morris Biography
Sun Sign: Aquarius
Born in: Detroit, Michigan
Famous as: Singer-songwriter
father: Stevie Wonder
mother: Yolanda Simmons
siblings: Kailand Morris, Keita Morris, Kwame Morris, Mandla Kadjay Carl Stevland Morris, Mumtaz Morris, Sophia Morris
City: Detroit, Michigan
awards: Grammy Award for Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals
Aisha Morris is the daughter of legendary American singer, songwriter, musician, record producer, and multi-instrumentalist Stevland Hardaway Morris, better known as "Stevie Wonder." She is the eldest child of the 25-time 'Grammy'-winner. Aisha's biological mother and Stevie were not married to each other. Aisha has one brother and seven half-siblings. Her youngest half-sibling, Nia, was born in 2014. Aisha has been a source of inspiration for Stevie since her birth. She was featured in one of his hit singles and has consistently accompanied her father on tours. The father–daughter duo is often clicked at several red-carpet events.
- Stevie has been married thrice and has fathered nine children from five different women. He was first married to 'Motown' singer-songwriter Syreeta Wright. They were married for 2 years and divorced in 1972. Then, in 2001, Stevie married fashion designer Kai Millard. They filed for divorce in August 2012. In 2017, Stevie married Tomeeka Bracy.
- Aisha is Stevie’s first-born child. She was born to Stevie and Yolanda Simmons. Stevie and Yolanda first met when she applied for a job as a secretary for Stevie’s publishing company. They were never married but had two children.
- Their first child, Aisha, was born on February 2, 1975, in Detroit, Michigan, US. On her birth, Stevie stated, "she was the one thing that I needed in my life and in my music for a long time." True to this statement, Aisha later became the inspirational source for Stevie’s hit single 'Isn't She Lovely?' “Aisha” is an African name that stands for “strength and intelligence.”
- Aisha has a brother named Keita, who was born in 1977. In 1983, her younger half-brother Mumtaz Morris was born. Stevie’s second wife, Kai Millard Morris, is the mother of Aisha’s half-siblings Kailand and Mandla Kadjay Carl Stevland Morris. Stevie has two children from his current partner, Tomeeka Robyn Bracy. The name of their first child was not revealed. Their second child is Aisha’s youngest half-sibling, Nia. Two of Aisha’s half-siblings, Sophia and Kwame, were born to a woman whose identity has not yet been disclosed.
- Interestingly, Aisha and Stevie’s current wife, Tomeeka, were both born in 1975.
- Aisha began her career as a singer and has accompanied her father to several tours and concerts. She often accompanies Stevie on recordings. She was featured in the song 'How Will I Know' from Stevie’s 2005 album 'A Time to Love.' This was Stevie’s twenty-third album.
- Aisha was part of the 'BBC Stevie Wonder 1981 Documentary.' The '25th Anniversary Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Concert' and 'Stevie Wonder: Live at Last' are two of the most notable events Aisha has been part of, accompanying her father.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed