YBN Almighty Jay Biography
Jay Bradley, more popularly known as YBN Almighty Jay, is a Texas-born rapper born who instantly shot to fame in 2017 with his YouTube single ‘Chopsticks’, which garnered over 10 million views and has been streamed over 20 million times on SoundCloud. Since his hit single, he has been a part of several collaborations but he is most famous for rapping alongside YBN Nahmir. The duo performs regularly across the United States. His personal life has also been in the headlines since the time he started dating the American model and entrepreneur Black Chyna. He believes that this is the standout moment in his life. The couple is closely followed by the paparazzi and the romance between them is the talk of the town. Apart from his Flagship YouTube channel that was a launchpad to his musical career, he also has an active channel where he uploads vlogs about his interests and other personal content. He is extremely active and has already performed at Alabama, Los Angeles, Birmingham, and Chicago in 2018. He intends to perform in many other cities across the year.
- YBN Almighty Jay is new to the professional scene though he started rapping during his childhood. He decided to start posting content on his YouTube channel in September 2017. These were mostly rap videos. However, one of the songs titled ‘Chopsticks’ soon became viral accruing over 4 million views within the first month of it being posted. He also started sharing his music on SoundCloud. Within three months, a music video for ‘Chopsticks’ was released, it crossed the barrier of 10 million views and in no time Almighty Jay became popular and was often spoken by other peers.
- His other single produced by Hoodzone is titled ‘Off Instagram’ and was released in 2017. The YBN in his name stands for ‘Young Boss N*ggas’ and this is the crew that he is a part of since his adolescence. The style imbibed by the crew shaped his formative years and he is an active member of the YBN movement; he has partnered with his fellow artist YBN Nahmir on several occasions. He was even featured in YBN Nahmir’s hit single ‘No Hook’. In January 2018, he released his next song ‘Takin Off.’
- Though relatively new to the music circuit, his popularity ensured that he would soon be represented by a company. In January 2018, his success was sealed with a deal under the Rich The Kids imprint ‘Rich Forever Ent.’ His next release ‘Bread Winners’ was another collaboration with YBN Nahmir. The duo is currently working on an untitled mixtape as of now. 2018 has been an important year for him as his music journey took off and he had an official deal. He also has a long schedule throughout the year as he plans to perform in various places. He has already performed in Los Angeles and Chicago and will perform in different cities as the year unfolds.
- It is well known that YBN Almighty Jay is dating Blac Chyna. However, in an Instagram post when he proposed to her, a lot of people weren’t sure if he were joking or if it was genuinely on the cards. The couple declined any further comments on this, and the media eagerly awaits any news related to the marriage. There are rumors that they could collaborate in the future. Chyna has also been sending photographs and videos of them together to her ex-boyfriend and this has been a cause of discomfort to the Kardashian family.
- YBN Almighty Jay was born on 6 August 1999, in Galveston Count in Texas and was raised by his mother and brothers. He was interested in music and rap since he was a young boy. He grew up listening to the legends of his generation, including Chief Keef, Chris Brown, Weezy. He considers Soulja Boy his inspiration
- He is currently dating Blac Chyna, a model and an entrepreneur who is famously referred as Rob Kardashian’s ex-girlfriend. The two reportedly met each other on a dating website. The couple is regularly seen hanging out together and officially confirmed their relationship in February 2018. He is also known to hang out with other famous rappers, as seen on his Instagram page. He has posted photographs of himself with Lil Wayne, Chris Brown, Kodak Black, and Snoop Dogg, among others.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed