Wolfgang Van Halen Biography
Girlfriend: Andraia Allsop
Sun Sign: Pisces
Also Known As: Wolfgang William Van Halen
Born Country: United States
Born in: Santa Monica, California, United States
Famous as: Musician
father: Eddie Van Halen
mother: Valerie Bertinelli
U.S. State: California
Wolfgang Van Halen is an American musician who has been performing as a bassist with the band Van Halen since 2006. He has also contributed to the heavy metal band Tremonti in the past. He is the son of actress Valerie Bertinelli and guitarist Eddie Van Halen. Born in Santa Monica, California, Wolfgang grew up watching his father’s rehearsals. He began playing the drums at the young age of nine. He then moved on to the guitar and eventually picked up the bass. The youngest member of the band Van Halen, he is extremely talented when it comes to playing various music instruments. His first album with Van Halen, titled ‘A Different Kind of Truth,’ was released in 2012. Since then, he has been an active member of the band and has also toured as part of the group multiple times. Behind the stage, Wolfgang is a family guy. His down-to-earth personality has managed to earn the hearts of millions, including his girlfriend Andraia Allsop.
- Wolfgang Van Halen began his career as a drummer. After a few guest appearances in Van Halen's 2004 tour, he became an official member of the band in 2006 when he replaced Michael Anthony as the bassist. His first album with the band was ‘A Different Kind of Truth’. Recorded in 2011 and released a year later, this album spawned many singles, including "Tattoo", "She's the Woman", "Beautiful Girls" and "China Town".
- In 2012, Wolfgang Van Halen was approached by Mark Tremonti and Alter Bridge to fill in for Brian Marshall for their band’s first tour. Their eponymous band released their first album ‘All I Was’ in July that year. The following year, Wolfgang became its official member, replacing former bassist Brian Marshall.
- In 2015, the talented musician was featured in ‘Tokyo Dome Live in Concert’. The live album by the band Van Halen featured the live recordings of several songs from the band’s previous albums, including "Unchained" and "Runnin' with the Devil". The album was a hit and peaked at #5 on the US Billboard Rock Chart and #20 on the US Billboard 200 chart. It also managed to reach the #19 spot on the Oricon chart in Japan.
- Also in 2015, Wolfgang Van Halen contributed to Tremonti’s second studio album 'Cauterize'. A year later, he featured in its follow-up ‘Dust’. Apart from the self-titled single, the album also featured the singles "My Last Mistake", "Once Dead", "The Cage", "Tore My Heart Out" and "Catching Fire".
- In June 2019, Van Halen made a guest appearance on his mother's Food Network TV show ‘Valerie's Home Cooking.’
- Wolfgang Van Halen was born on March 16, 1991, in Santa Monica, California, USA, to Valerie Bertinelli and Eddie Van Halen. He is a nephew of the popular drummer Alex Van Halen. His maternal grandparents were Nancy Bertinelli and Andrew Bertinelli.
- His mother and father are now divorced and remarried; they currently live with their respective spouses, Tom Vitale and Janie Liszewski. Wolfgang Van Halen has two step-siblings from his mother’s second marriage: Angela and Andie Vitale.
- Wolfgang Van Halen is in a relationship with Andraia Allsop, a software engineer. The couple has been dating since 2015.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed