William Katt Biography
Sun Sign: Aquarius
Also Known As: William Theodore Katt
Born in: Los Angeles, California
Famous as: Actor
Spouse/Ex-: Danielle Hirsch (m. 1993), Deborah Kahane (m. 1979 – div. 1992)
father: Bill Williams
mother: Barbara Hale
children: Clayton Katt, Dakota Katt, Emerson Katt
U.S. State: California
City: Los Angeles
William Katt is an American actor, voice actor, and musician. He is best known for appearing in the TV series ‘The Greatest American Hero’ as well as for playing Tommy Ross in the supernatural horror film ‘Carrie’. Between 1985 and 1988, he acted in nine Perry Mason television movies alongside his mother, actress Barbara Hale. Born in Los Angeles, Katt started acting in his teens, occasionally with his actor parents. Following his graduation from Orange Coast College, he began pursuing a career as a musician and eventually landed acting roles in stock theatre, television and films. As of now, the talented actor has garnered hundreds of thousands of loyal fans around the world. He continues to entertain his audience, often collaborating with major producers. On a personal note, Katt has been married to Danielle Hirsch since 1993. Previously, he was married to Deborah Kahane, with whom he has two kids.
- William Katt began his acting career in summer stock theatre and subsequently landed roles in movies and television. In 1976, he played Tommy Ross in the horror film adaptation of the novel ‘Carrie’. Two years later, he starred as a young surfer named Barlow in ‘Big Wednesday’, a drama flick which also featured Gary Busey and Jan-Michael Vincent. After this, the actor was cast in the western film ‘Butch and Sundance: The Early Days’. Around this period, he was paired opposite Susan Dey in the film ‘First Love,’ appearing as a college student in his first romantic relationship.
- Katt played the titular role in a big screen adaptation of the Broadway musical ‘Pippin’ in 1981. The same year, he had his breakthrough role as a mild-mannered schoolteacher in the series ‘The Greatest American Hero’. During this time, he also released a soft rock album titled ‘Secret Smiles’.
- Katt starred in ‘Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend’, an adventure fantasy film about explorers looking for apatosaurs in the African mainland. In the year 1986, the American artiste starred in the horror/comedy movie ‘House’ as Roger Cobb, the role which he later reprised in the film’s third sequel ‘House IV’ which released in 1992. Between 1985 and 1988, he featured in nine Perry Mason TV films, playing detective Paul Drake Jr. Katt was cast in the series ‘Top of the Hill’ in 1989.
- He continues to appear in supporting roles in films and on television. In 2006 and 2007, he had appearances in the drama series ‘House’ and the movies ‘Gamers’, ‘The Man from Earth’, ‘Alien vs Hunter’ and ‘Mirrors 2’. In 2010, Katt guest-starred in an episode titled "Who's Your Daddy Now?" in the series ‘House of Payne’. Three years later, he played himself in ‘Paranormal Movie’, a spoof film directed by Kevin Farley.
- William Katt was born on February 16, 1951 in Los Angeles, California, USA to actors Barbara Hale and Bill Williams. He grew up in the San Fernando Valley alongside his siblings Jody and Juanita. He attended the Army & Navy Academy in Carlsbad, California, and later graduated from Orange Coast College.
- In 1979, Katt married Deborah Kahane. The two had two sons, namely, Clayton and Emerson, before parting ways in 1992. A year later, the actor married Danielle Hirsch. He has a daughter named Dakota with her along with a stepson, Andrew.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed