Vanessa Marano Biography
Sun Sign: Scorpio
Born in: Los Angeles, California, United States
Famous as: Actress
father: Damiano Marano
mother: Ellen Marano
siblings: Laura Marano
U.S. State: California
City: Los Angeles
Vanessa Nicole Marano is an American actress, famous for playing the role of Bay Kennish in the show, ‘Switched at Birth’. The talented and gorgeous actress has starred in multiple films and TV series like ‘Without a Trace’, ‘The Comeback’, ‘The Young and the Restless’, ‘Scoundrels’, ‘The Clique’ and ‘Senior Project’. She was nominated twice for her work in ‘Switched at Birth’ at the Teen Choice Awards. She was also selected as one of the youngest members of the prestigious, Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. Her beauty has attracted the interest of millions of followers all over the world and she has hundreds of admirers within the industry. Vanessa Marano is touted as one of the brightest prospects in the American television and film industry.
- Vanessa was born on October 31, 1992 in Los Angeles, California. She is the first born child of Damiano A. Marano & Ellen M. Marano. Her younger sister, Laura Marano, is also an actress.
- Her father is of Italian descent, while her mother is of English descent, and is the owner of Agoura Children’s Theater. Vanessa started her professional acting career right from her childhood.
- She started acting in theater when she was seven years old, performing in numerous plays at her mother’s Agoura Children's Theatre (A.C.T) in Agoura Hills, California.
- However, her mother never wanted any of her daughters to step into the entertainment world. But destiny had other plans for them. Vanessa began her professional career with several national commercials.
- Vanessa worked for a stage play production company, Stage Door Theater, during her days at A.C.T. She was offered to be part of the animated film, ‘Finding Nemo’, as a voice-over artist.
- She got her major break through the television series, ‘Without a Trace’, in which she shared the screen with her sister.
- The popularity she gained from the series helped her to attract television makers. In no time, Vanessa was signed for ‘Sex and the City’ fame Lisa Kudrow’s next drama series, ‘The Comeback’.
- Vanessa further gained popularity with her portrayal of a character named April Nardini in the sitcom, ‘Gilmore Girls’. She has had recurring roles in shows including ‘Dexter’, ‘Without a Trace’, ‘Trust Me’ and ‘The Young and the Restless’. She has also done minor roles in series like ‘Parenthood’, ‘Medium’, ‘Love Bites’, ‘Ghost Whisperer’, ‘Past Life’, ‘Six Feet Under’, ‘Malcolm in the Middle’ and ‘Grounded for Life’.
- Vanessa starred as a young girl who becomes a quadriplegic in the critically acclaimed docudrama, ‘The Brooke Ellison Story’, directed by Christopher Reeve. She worked hard and did thorough research in order to get into the skin of her character.
- Presently, Vanessa is working with actress Lucy Liu on a mini-series. She is playing the role of Immy, a troubled teenager.
- Without a Trace – Vanessa debuted as a TV actress in this crime drama. She was seen in the recurring role as Hanna Malone, in 12 of the episodes.
- Grounded for Life – This is an American television series that aired its first episode on January 10, 2001. But Vanessa became part of the show in the fourth season from 2003 to 2004.This particular season was named as ‘Tombstone Blues’ and was directed by Bob Dylan. She played the character of Lexie.
- The Brooke Ellison Story – This 2004 telefilm was based on the American politician, Brooke Mackenzie Ellison. She is the first quadriplegic graduate from Harvard University. Vanessa played the young Brooke Ellison and expressed her experience playing the character as overwhelming.
- The Comeback – This American sit-com series was popular because of its association with Lisa Kudrow. The series was broadcast first on June 5, 2005 and ran for three seasons. Vanessa was seen in the first season as Franchesca Berman, who is a preadolescent stepdaughter of the protagonist. The story revolves around Franchesca's endeavors to strengthen the bond with her stepsister and stepmother.
- Gilmore Girls – Vanessa became popular by playing a character named April Nardini in this sit-com television series. She shared the screen with two very popular tele-stars, Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel. The show was broadcast first on October 5, 2000. Vanessa was part of 13 episodes of the first season which was titled, ‘A Year in the Life’. She played the protagonist’s daughter.
- Grey's Anatomy – Vanessa was also seen in this hit television drama that displayed the emotional and professional journey of all the associates of a renowned hospital. The series was first aired on March 27, 2005 but Vanessa was part of the 2012 episodes, under the part titled, ‘The Girl with No Name’.
- Switched at Birth – Vanessa's most recent popular series is this family television series that helped her to reprise her popularity. As the title suggests, the series is about two teen girls who were switched at the time of their birth. They are brought up in completely different environments. The show was first aired on the channel ABC Family, on June 6, 2011.
- The Clique – Vanessa's filmography includes this American rom-com, which is an adaptation of the popular young adult novel series, ‘The Clique’ authored by Lisi Harrison. She played Layne Abeley, who befriends one of the female leads, Claire. The film released on November 11, 2008 and received mixed reviews.
- There is no much information available regarding Vanessa's relationship status.
- As per some reports, she is single now. According to a statement made by her at a conference, she will never reveal any such information to the media.
- In 2012, Vanessa was rumored to be dating singer-songwriter, Ross Lynch.
- Vanessa has appeared in numerous television shows and films that contribute to her yearly earning, which is around 6,000,000 US Dollars.
- Her net worth is calculated to be approximately 15,000,000 US Dollars.
- Vanessa's favorite TV show is ‘Gilmore Girls’, which she has starred in.
- She enjoys playing the piano and likes to paint.
- She likes playing tennis and likes dancing.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed