Ross Lynch Biography
Sun Sign: Capricorn
Also Known As: Ross Shor Lynch
Born in: Littleton, Colorado, United States
Famous as: Singer
father: Mark Lynch
mother: Stormie Lynch
U.S. State: Colorado
Ross Lynch is an American actor, singer and musician, who became famous after his role in the television show ‘Austin & Ally.’ The show, in which, Lynch played the lead role as Austin Moon, became a hit, earning numerous awards and becoming quite popular worldwide. He is also known for his popular role as Brady in the ‘Teen Beach Movie’ a Disney Channel Original Movie which premiered in 2013, as well as its sequel ‘Teen Beach 2’ which premiered in 2015. Possessing a good singing voice, he is also well-versed in playing the guitar and the piano. He is one of the members of the pop rock band R5 and has received much fame for his musical talents as well. He also performed ‘Heard it on the Radio’ for the soundtrack of the show ‘Austin & Ally’. Despite being just a young adult, Lynch has managed to accomplish a lot in his life so far which has earned him an online fan base of more than three million. He uses his fame in social media to motivate his followers to pursue their dreams no matter how hard their lives get and no matter how many tough obstacles they face. He has himself proven to his fans how far your ambitions along with persistence and dedication can take you.
- Ross Lynch was born in Littleton, Colorado, in the United States, on December 29, 1995. His father’s name is Mark Lynch and his mother’s name is Stormie. They have five children, of who Ross is the second youngest. He hails from a family of mixed German, Irish, English, as well as Danish heritage.
- He was homeschooled till the fourth grade. He was also taught playing the piano, drums and guitar. When Lynch was twelve years of age, his family moved to Los Angeles as his elder brother was gaining prominence in the entertainment industry.
- Ross Lynch, along with his siblings formed a pop rock band called R5. With his band, he self-released his first extended play in 2010, which was named ‘Ready Set Rock.’ After its release, he signed with Hollywood Records in September the same year.
- Ross had begun appearing in minor television roles in the year 2009. In 2011, he started playing the lead role of Austin Moon in the television series ‘Austin & Ally.’ Along with being the lead actor, he sang many songs for the show’s soundtrack as well.
- The show premiered on the Disney channel on 2 December 2011. The story focuses on the relationship between Austin Moon, a fun-loving and teenage extroverted singer, played by Lynch, and an introverted and awkward songwriter, Ally Dawson.
- The ‘Austin & Ally’ soundtrack album, which included songs such as ‘Can't Do It Without You,’ ‘A Billion Hits,’ and ‘Heard It On the Radio’, not only peaked at twenty-seven on the Billboard 200, but it also became one of Billboard’s Top Soundtracks.
- His band’s second extended play, ‘Loud,’ was released on 19 February 2013. The same year, the band released their first album as well, named ‘Louder.’ It turned out to be a huge success, debuting at number 24 on the Billboard 200, and selling 15,000 copies in the first week itself. It contained singles such as ‘Loud’, ‘Pass Me By’ and ‘One Last Dance.’
- The band released the single ‘Smile’ on 16 November 2014. It was the first single from their second album. The second single ‘Let’s Not Be Alone’, was released next year, on 13 February. The full album ‘Sometime Last Night’ was finally released on 10 July 2015. Debuting at number 6 on Billboard 200, number 1 on Billboard Top Pop Albums, and Number 4 on the Billboard Top Album series, it can be regarded as one of the most significant and successful works of Lynch’s career.
- Ross Lynch then played the lead role in the ‘Teen Beach Movie’ a movie that premiered on the Disney Channel on 19 July 2013. He played the role of a teenager named Brady. The film was loved by both critics and audience. A sequel to the film ‘Teen Beach 2’ was also created which premiered on June 26, 2015, where Lynch reprised his role as Brady.
- He appeared in a cameo in the 2014 American comedy film ‘Muppets Most Wanted’. The film was directed by James Bobin and starred popular actors such as Ricky Gervais, Ty Burrell, and Tina Fey.
- In 2016, he did a voice role in the English dub of the popular French animated film ‘Snowtime.’ The film, a remake of the 1984 film ‘The Dog Who Stopped the War’ was directed by Jean François Pouliot. The story focuses on a group of children who plan to stage a huge snowball fight during their Christmas holidays.
- Ross Lynch’s appearance in the American TV show ‘Austin & Ally’ is the most significant work of his career so far. He played the role of Austin Moon, an outgoing and talented singer, who becomes friends with an introverted songwriter named Ally Dawson. The story focuses on how the two combine their talents, which leads to an amazing musical partnership as well as a great friendship. The show was a huge success and won several awards such as the Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Award for Favorite TV Kids Show in 2014.
- ‘Sometime Last Night’ was a studio album released by Lynch’s band R5. The album was released on July 10, 2015 and was a huge success, selling 31,000 copies in its first week itself. It included singles such as ‘Smile,’ ‘I Know You Got Away,’ and ‘Dark Side.’ It received positive reviews from critics.
- Another significant work in Ross Lynch’s career is his role in the ‘Teen Beach Movie’ and its sequel ‘Teen Beach 2’. Along with Lynch in the lead role of a teenager named Brady, the films starred other actors such as Grace Phillips, John DeLuca and Garrett Clayton. Both the movies in the ‘Teen Beach’ series were successful, and were loved by both critics and audience.
- Despite his young age, Ross Lynch has received several awards in his career so far. Some of them are the Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Award, which he won in 2013 for Favorite TV Actor for his role in ‘Austin & Ally’ and Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Actor: Comedy, in 2014 for the same role.
- In 2016, he won Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Award for Favorite Male TV Star: Kid's Show for his role in ‘Austin & Ally.’
- In late 2015, Ross Lynch started dating the Australian film actress and model Courtney Eaton, who he had met in a R5 show.
- He is second cousin to the well-known dancers Derek Hough and Julianne Hough.
Ross Lynch Movies
1. Muppets Most Wanted (2014)
(Crime, Musical, Family, Comedy, Mystery, Adventure)
How To Cite
People Also Viewed