Tommy Sotomayor Bio
Sun Sign: Sagittarius
Also Known As: Thomas Jerome Harris
Born in: Atlanta, Georgia
Famous as: YouTuber
mother: Joeann Malone
siblings: Isley Malone (Xavier)
children: Alex, Sara
City: Atlanta, Georgia
U.S. State: Georgia
Thomas Jerome Harris is an American YouTuber, men’s rights activist, social and political commentator, comedian, and social media influencer known for his controversial opinions and content. He is better known by his pseudonym, Tommy Sotomayor. A native of Georgia, he moved to Arizona later in life. He set up his YouTube channel, MrMadness Sotomayor, in the summer of 2012. Soon after, he started garnering a loyal audience as his content attracts certain groups with deeply conservative views. He has gained notoriety for criticizing black women, the Black Lives Matter movement, and gay rights activism. There was a Change.org petition in April 2017 that proposed that Sotomayor’s channel should be banned. While the petition failed, his channel has been taken down several times over the years. Although some of his associated channels were not terminated and he eventually managed to get his main channel up and running again, the damage had already been done. It currently has 300 thousand subscribers and less than 300 thousand views. In 2016, he appeared in a comedy feature called ‘Drugs & Other Love’. Sotomayor produced and directed the documentary ‘A Fatherless America’, which was also released in 2016.
- Tommy Sotomayor set up his original YouTube channel in July 2012 and started posting videos such as ‘15 Kids, 1 on the Way, No Man!’, ‘Gabrielle Union Says Dating D Wade Hurt Her Career’, and ‘Woman Gets Pregnant By 13-Year-Old Boy’ soon after. The ridiculousness of the aforementioned titles brought the channel the initial views and his audience remained with him because of his controversial opinions. He has posted videos of black women fighting in the streets which have made him quite popular. He has established himself as an African-American conservative on social media despite claiming to be a Libertarian.Recommended Lists:
- Sotomayor is a staunch supporter of men’s rights and fathers’ rights. He has stated time and again that the absence of a father figure in the lives of children have caused the black community to lag behind other races. According to many of his critics, his dislike for black women stems from his relationship with the woman who gave birth to one of his daughters, Sara, and who put him in jail after he did not pay her the child support.
- Sotomayor also dubs black women as the reason for the existence of homosexuality in the community. He has called the supporters of the Black Lives Matter movement a “thug group” and remarked that they are the “retarded kids in the class”.
- In 2015, Sotomayor posted a video in which he advised white officers not to police the black neighborhoods. Guy "Sam" Colorossi, former mayor and current councilman of Orting, Washington, later sent out a mass email containing the video. A black police officer was one of its recipients and he proceeded to submit a complaint about it. The city subsequently denounced the video as “offensive and deplorable” and Colorossi put out a public apology.
- In July 2016, a video of Sotomayor’s podcast ‘Your World, My View Podcast’ was making rounds. In it, two officers with the Dallas Police Department, Gregory Watkins and Margus McCuin, called into the podcast and dubbed fellow officers cowards. Furthermore, they voiced their disapproval of the department hiring former military personnel, stating that “they don’t see people as human”. They were also critical of the police actions during recent shootings around the country. The video garnered a significant amount of controversy and the Dallas Police Association later announced that Internal Affairs was looking into the matter.
- Sotomayor’s main channel has been suspended several times. He currently is unable to publish his content on YouTube. Most of his videos are teasers for the content that is available on his website.
- Harris was born on December 11, 1975, in Atlanta, Georgia. His mother’s name is Joeann Malone. In later years, he relocated to Phoenix, Arizona and subsequently to Scottsdale, where he currently resides. In his youth, Harris did not have a relationship with his father. He did not even know the man well. This relationship, or lack of it, would go on to shape many of his social views. He allegedly has a brother named Isley Malone, who also goes by the pseudonym Xavier.
- Sotomayor has publicly accepted fathering two children to date. His daughter Sara was born to a black woman who sued him for child support and he had to spend some time in prison after he failed to keep up with it. Since becoming famous, he has refused to divulge more information on the matter.
- That is not the case with his second daughter, Alex. He has been very public about the child and her mother. He often posts photographs and videos of them on his social media. Sotomayor allegedly has several other children, including a son who is being reportedly raised without any contribution from his father.
Tommy Sotomayor Fans Also Viewed