Taya Valkyrie Biography
Sun Sign: Libra
Also Known As: Kira Renee Forster
Born in: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Famous as: Wrestler
Spouse/Ex-: John Morrison (engaged)
City: Victoria, Canada
Taya Valkyrie is a Canadian professional wrestler and former fitness model. Born as Kira Renee Forster, she wrestled for Impact Wrestling and on the independent circuit under the ring name Taya Valkyrie. She also wrestled for Lucha Underground under the ring name Taya. A former two-time and longest reigning Reina de Reinas Champion, she is best known for her five years at Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide where she climbed the ranks. Taya first came to the attention of the US wrestling fans during the second season of Lucha Underground, when she and Brian Cage had a brawl that was one of the most sensational inter-gender matches of all time, and her popularity has risen since then in the US and abroad. Taya left AAA in 2017 after she was stripped of her title by the promotion. She was once offered a contract by WWE, but later they pulled the offer off the table. She is currently affiliated with Impact Wrestling and has been performing well with the promotion so far.
- Taya Valkyrie was born on October 22, 1983, in Victoria, Canada. She has been trained in dancing and classical ballerina, and studied at the Royal Winnipeg Ballet. She is also trained in gymnastics.
- In 2005, she started participating in fitness competitions, and became a fitness model.
- In 2010, Taya Valkyrie started taking training from Lance Storm at his Storm Wrestling Academy, and graduated from the academy in September 2010. She was featured in Lance's Canadian reality series ‘World of Hurt’, and also in season two of the show with Rowdy Roddy Piper.
- After her graduation from the academy, she competed at various Canadian promotions, particularly ECCW, under the name Taya Valkyrie. In October 2011, after a tryout with them, World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) signed her to a developmental contract. However, she failed to make a debut with WWE or its other programs, as WWE pulled off the contract without giving any reason to her.
- Taya had actually gone through all the steps and was waiting to get her medical tests done, when she heard that WWE had decided not take her; she was not given any explanation. As a result, she continued wrestling on the independent circuit in Canada for the rest of 2011.
- In 2012, she moved to Mexico and continued wrestling on the independent circuit, and for various promotions within the country. After six weeks in Mexico, El Hijo del Perro Aguayo, a Mexican professional wrestler and promoter, offered her a spot in his Los Perros del Mal stable, a Mexican wrestlers’ group. On April 1, 2012, she debuted in Perros del Mal (PDM).
- She wrestled for PDM for almost a year, and then moved on to work for other promotions like Universal Wrestling Entertainment, Legend Promociones, Invasion RCH and International Wrestling League.
- On November 3, 2012, she made her in-ring debut with Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide, a Mexican professional wrestling promotion, under the ring name Taya Valkyrie. She competed in a six-person mixed tag team match with Gran Apache and Mari Apache in her team, against Cuervo, Faby Apache, and Lolita, ending in a win for her team.
- Till the beginning of 2013, she fought in several tag team matches, and tasted both victories and losses. On March 3, 2013, she defeated Jennifer Blake, and entered the finals of a tournament for the vacant AAA Reina de Reinas Championship. On March 17, she competed in a four-way elimination match against Faby Apache, LuFisto and Mari Apache at Rey de Reyes. However, she failed to win the vacant Reina de Reinas Championship.
- On June 4, 2014, she successfully fought in a seven–woman elimination match and became the number one contender to Faby Apache's Reina de Reinas Championship by beating Cynthia Moreno, La Jarochita, La Magnifica, Mari Apache, Sexy Lady and Sexy Star.
- On August 17, 2014, Taya defeated Faby Apache to win the Reina de Reinas Championship at Triplemanía XXII. It was her first championship title. On September 12, in her first title defense, she defeated Cachorra Flores, Faby Apache, Karina Duval, Muneca Sarcasmo and Princesa Metallica in a six-way elimination match at an Independent Total event.
- On the February 24, 2016 episode, she debuted as Taya in Lucha Underground, as the partner of Johnny Mundo. The next month, on the March 9 episode, she made her in-ring debut but lost to Brian Cage in a no disqualification match.
- On the April 12, 2016 episode, she competed for the Aztec Warfare II title, and won her first title match at Lucha Underground. She entered at number 9, and eliminated Cage, but was later pinned and eliminated by Fénix.
- She also defended her Reina de Reinas Championship title on the televised program at the Héroes Inmortales IX event, by defeating Goya Kong, Lady Shani, La Hiedra and Maravilla in a five-way match. However, on March 19, 2017, she lost the title to Ayako Hamada, after holding it for 945 days, the longest in the title's history.
- On April 21, 2017, in a rematch with Ayako Hamada, which was a no disqualification match, she defeated Hamada to win the Reina de Reinas Championship for the second time. However, On July 1, Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide declared the Reina de Reinas Championship vacant, and when Sexy Star returned to AAA to win the vacant title, Taya quit the company, and stated on Twitter that she had been backstabbed by AAA. AAA's Director of Talent Vampiro claimed that Taya had been stripped of the title as she used an illegal chokehold in her no disqualification match on April 21 with Hamada.
- Taya made her debut for Global Force Wrestling on the September 7, 2017 episode of GFW Impact! against Rosemary, and established herself as a ‘heel’ in the fight.In the same month, she competed in her first match with Amber Nova, and defeated her using a new finisher Road to Valhalla. Throughout September and October, she continued her rivalry with Rosemary, and eventually defeated her in a match in October 2017.
- She was pulled out of the ‘Red Wedding’ Knockouts match against Rosemary at Bound for Glory because of some visa problems. Taya, who is a Canadian, would have had no issues getting into Canada, but could have faced an issue getting back into the US. Due to the current presidential administration, her return to the US could be complicated and that is why Impact Wrestling decided to pull her from the pay-per-view event.
- Taya Valkyrie took the first position in CBBF Canadian Championships 2010, and second position in the Arnold Amateur in 2011.
- In her wrestling career, she captured a number of titles including Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide, AAA Reina de Reinas Championship, and Luchadora of the Year in 2014 and 2015. She held the Reina de Reinas Championship for 945 days, the longest in the title's history.
- She won the Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship in DDT Pro-Wrestling.
- Since 2016, Taya Valkyrie has been in a relationship with American professional wrestler and actor John Hennigan, better known as John Morrison. They announced their engagement in June 2017.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed