Tarjei Sandvik Moe Biography
Tarjei Sandvik Moe is a budding Norwegian actor who is best known for portraying ‘Isak Valtersen’ in four seasons of the popular teen-drama series ‘SKAM.’ His role in the serial involved a gay relationship with the character ‘Even,’ played by co-actor Henrik Holm. He made a guest appearance with his co-star Josefine Frida Pettersen on the Norwegian–Swedish talk show ‘Skavlan’. He also performed in the play ‘What Would Jesus Do,’ for which he received positive reviews. He then appeared in the play ‘Det Går Bra’ that later won the ‘Osloprisen’ award for the ‘Best Performing Art.’ He also appeared at ‘Oslo Pride,’ along with co-star Carl Eggsbo, to receive the ‘Frydpriden’ award on behalf of ‘SKAM.’ Norwegian director Henrik Martin Dahlsbakken offered Tarjei a role in his movie ‘En affære,’ or ‘An Affair.’ The role was that of an 18-year-old boy, obsessed with a 44-year-old teacher of his school. Moe has the reputation of being a respectful, hardworking, and dedicated actor with a versatile personality and the ability to take on different kinds of roles. Despite his early success in the entertainment industry, he has remained grounded and is completing his education. He is active on social media and believes in freedom of sexual choices.
- Tarjei Sandvik Moe was born on May 24, 1999, in Oslo, Norway, into an affluent family. His grandfather, Torgils Moe, was a well-known Norwegian actor and singer who passed away a few months before Tarjei made his debut as an actor.He attended ‘Hartvig Nissen School’ in Oslo, which is the second-oldest and the most prestigious school and gymnasium in Norway. The popular TV serial ‘SKAM’ is set in the same school. Tarjei is known to be humble, although his parents always wanted him to have the best in life. He always wanted to emulate his grandfather and be an actor.While in school, he participated in extracurricular activities and appeared in most of the annual-day functions. The serial ‘SKAM’ was shot in his school while he studied there. He skipped his math class to attend the audition for the serial and got selected to play the role of a boy of his own age.Continue Reading BelowYou May LikeCareer
- His TV career started on a high note, with the role of ‘Isak Valtersen’ in the popular teen-drama series ‘SKAM,’ which was aired on ‘NKR’ for four seasons, from September 2015 to June 2017. He appeared in all four seasons of the series and had a lead role in the third season. His role involved a gay relationship with ‘Even,’ played by co-actor Henrik Holm. Tarjei enjoyed the challenges of playing the role and did full justice to his character in the serial.The popularity of ‘SKAM’ earned him and his co-star Josefine Frida Pettersen a guest appearance on the Norwegian–Swedish talk show ‘Skavlan’ in September 2016. Around the same time, he also acted in the play ‘What Would Jesus Do,’ for which he received positive reviews.In February 2017, he acted in the play ‘Det Går Bra.’ It was a great success and won the ‘Osloprisen’ award for the ‘Best Performing Art of the Year.’ Later that year, in July, he appeared at ‘Oslo Pride,’ along with co-star Carl Eggsbo, to receive the ‘Frydpriden’ award on behalf of ‘SKAM.’ Tarjei and ‘SKAM’ had become synonymous by then.Following his success in ‘Det Går Bra,’ he appeared in the play ‘Woman2Woman, a pussycal’ the same year. He was again seen in the musical ‘Grease.’ He then appeared in ‘Nyanser av Gris’ in 2018. Apart from gaining repute as a fine actor, he gained recognition as a singer and a dancer, too.He soon became a celebrity in Norway. He was invited to present the ‘Best Actress’ award at Norway’s prestigious annual film awards, ‘Amandaprisen,’ in August 2017. He also announced the names of the nominees for the 2017 ‘Nordic Council Film Prize.’Tarjei Sandvik Moe was selected by Norwegian director Henrik Martin Dahlsbakken for his movie ‘An Affair.’ The movie featured Tarjei as an 18-year-old boy, obsessed with a 44-year-old teacher of his school. Tarjei matched the acting skills of famous Norwegian actor Andrea Bræin Hovig, who played the role of the older woman in the movie. Their on-screen chemistry was appreciated by fans across all ages.Moe is active on social media and has a huge online fan following. He identifies with the young generation and also has been recognized as a serious actor by people of all ages.Major Works
- He has appeared in the movies ‘Emojifilmen’ (2017), ‘En Dag i Juli’ (2018), and ‘En affære’ (2018).His TV projects include ‘SKAM’ (2015–2017), ‘Skavlan’ (2016), ‘Gullruten’ (2017), ‘Amandaprisen’ (2017), and ‘Melk’ (2017).He has also been part of the plays ‘What Would Jesus Do’ (2016), ‘Det Går Bra’ (2017), ‘Woman2Woman, a pussycal’ (2017) ‘Grease’ (2018) and ‘Nyanser av Gris’ (2018).Awards & Achievements
- Tarjei Sandvik Moe was nominated for the ‘Best Actor’ award at the 2017 ‘Gullruten’ awards, an annual Norwegian TV award, for the role of ‘Isak Valtersen’ in ‘SKAM.’He won the ‘Gullruten Audience Award’ in 2017, for his performance in ‘SKAM,’ becoming the youngest individual to win the prestigious award. One of the scenes from the third season of the serial also won the ‘Best TV Moment of the Year’ at the same ceremony.Personal Life & Legacy
- He is motivated by his passion for acting and his fans. He has a number of girlfriends but is not in a serious relationship with anyone yet.Tarjen has played challenging roles, such as that of a gay student and a young boy obsessed with an older woman, and believes in promoting freedom of sexual choice for all.Trivia
- Moe and Iman Meskini, his ‘SKAM’ co-star, were invited to dine at the royal palace in February 2018. They dined with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Prince William and Duchess Kate also visited the school where ‘SKAM’ was filmed and interacted with the students.The English remake of ‘SKAM’ is being made by ‘American Idol’ creator Simon Fuller, for ‘XIX Entertainment.’ Tarjei’s performance has been appreciated in the US and across the world.Following his success in the serial ‘SKAM,’ his name has been added to ‘Hartvig Nissen’s “Notable Alumni” list that includes a number of eminent personalities and members of the royal family.
How To CiteArticle Title- Tarjei Sandvik Moe BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/tarjei-sandvik-moe-41562.phpLast Updated- June 21, 2018
People Also Viewed