Justin Chambers Biography
Sun Sign: Cancer
Also Known As: Justin Willman Chambers
Born in: Springfield
Famous as: Actor
Spouse/Ex-: Keisha Chambers (m. 1993)
father: John William Eugene Chambers II
mother: Pamela Sue
siblings: Jason Chambers, John Chambers, Mia Chambers, Susan Chambers
children: Eva Chambers, Isabella Chambers, Jackson Chambers, Kaila Chambers, Maya Chambers
U.S. State: Ohio
Justin Willman Chambers is an American actor and former model best known for his portrayal of Dr. Alex Karev in the medical drama series ‘Grey’s Anatomy’. Chambers was born in Ohio. He studied acting at New York’s HB Studio. Before he began his acting career, he worked as a model and represented fashion brands such as Calvin Klein, Dolce & Gabbana, and Armani. He made his acting debut with a guest role in the soap opera ‘Another World’. The next year, he played a supporting role in the TV movie ‘Harvest of Fire’. He made his big screen debut with a supporting role in the comedy drama film ‘Liberty Heights’. The film was a commercial failure but a critical success. He started gaining recognition when he began playing the role of Dr. Alex Karev in the medical drama ‘Grey’s Anatomy’. The series was a huge success and was highly appreciated by critics. It won several awards and nominations, including Emmys and Golden Globes. Chambers also won multiple awards for his performance, including an Actors Guild Award and a People’s Choice Award. The talented actor has also played leading roles and voice roles in his promising career so far.
- Justin Chambers was born on 11th July 1970 in Springfield, Ohio in the US. His father’s name was John William Eugene Chambers II while his mother’s was Pamela Sue. He has a fraternal twin brother, one older brother, and two older sisters.
- He studied at Southeastern High School in South Charleston, Ohio. He later moved to New York and trained at HB Studio and Ron Stetson Studio.
- Before he began his acting career, Justin Chambers worked in advertisement campaigns for Calvin Klein’s fragrance range as a model. He also worked in numerous European countries, Japan, and the US for brands like Armani and Dolce & Gabbana.
- He made his acting debut in 1995 with a guest role in the TV series ‘Another World’. The next year, he played another guest role in the TV series ‘New York Undercover’. He then went on to star in TV movies such as ‘Harvest of Fire’ (1996), ‘Rose Hill’ (1997) and ‘Seasons of Love’ (1999).
- He made his big screen debut in 1999 in the comedy drama film ‘Liberty Heights’. Directed by Barry Levinson, the film was a commercial failure. However, it was met positively by critics.
- In 2001, he played one of the important roles in the romantic comedy film ‘The Wedding Planner’. Directed by Adam Shankman, the film earned $95 million on a $35 million budget. Despite being a commercial success, the film was met with negative reviews. His next works on the big screen include ‘Leo’ (2002), ‘For Which It Stands’ (2003) and ‘Southern Bellies’ (2005).
- He played his first lead role in the 2005 psychological thriller movie ‘The Zodiac’. Directed by Alexander Bulkley, the film was a commercial and critical failure. The same year, he started gaining recognition for playing one of the main roles in the medical drama series ‘Grey’s Anatomy’. The series focused on the lives of surgical interns, residents, and attending physicians in a hospital.
- Besides Chambers, ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ also starred Ellen Pompeo, Sandra Oh, Katherine Heigl, TR Knight and Chandra Wilson. The series has aired for 14 seasons since 2005. It has been much appreciated by critics. The series has been nominated for numerous Emmy Awards out of which it has won five. It has also won two Golden Globe Awards out of ten nominations.
- He acted in the black comedy film ‘Lakeview Terrace’ in 2008. Directed by Neil LaBute, the film was a commercial success and was met with mixed reviews. In 2010, he was seen in a short film ‘The Happiest Man Alive’.
- In 2013, he was seen in the crime drama film ‘Broken City.’ The film was a commercial failure and reviews were mixed to negative. He next had a voice role in the animated superhero film ‘Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox’. The film was met positively by critics.
- Justin Chambers played the lead role in the 2005 American psychological thriller film ‘The Zodiac’. The film was directed by Alexander Bulkeley and it revolved around a serial killer who was active in northern California in the 1960-70s. Made on a budget of $1 million, the film was a commercial disaster and was met with negative reviews despite an intense performance by Chambers.
- Chambers’ portrayal of Dr. Alex Karev in the medical drama series ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ is undoubtedly the most important work of his career. Created by Shonda Rhimes, the show has aired for fourteen seasons since 2005. The series has been well-received by critics. It has won several awards including two Golden Globes and five Emmy Awards. Chambers has been appreciated for his performance and has received numerous accolades.
- He is known for voicing one of the main characters in the 2013 animated superhero film ‘Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox’. Directed by Jay Oliva, the film also starred C. Thomas Howell, Kevin Conroy, Kevin McKidd, and Michael B. Jordan. The film was much praised by the critics.
- Justin Chambers married Keisha Chambers, a former model agency booker, in 1993. They have five children named Isabella, Maya, Kaila, Eva and Jackson. They also have a Beagle and have adopted two rescue dogs.
- He is involved with the non profit organization Christian Church mission Dream Centre of Los Angeles.
- He is very health conscious and practices hot yoga.
|2017||Favorite Dramatic TV Actor||Winner|
How To Cite
People Also Viewed