Storm Reid Biography
Storm Reid is an American actress known for playing one of the lead roles in the 2018 science fantasy flick ‘A Wrinkle in Time’. She is also known for featuring in the Academy Award winning film ‘12 Years a Slave’ alongside Brad Pitt and Paul Giamatti. As a television actress, she has done a number of television projects like 'Adam DeVine's House Party', 'NCIS: Los Angeles' and 'Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn'. Born in Atlanta, Georgia, to a personal trainer and a film producer, Reid grew up alongside her three elder siblings. She had her first acting role in a television commercial when she was only three years old. Since then, the young actress has been enthralling everyone with her brilliant acting skills. Aside from her amazing performances, what is most impressive about Reid is her zeal to inspire other young people with her work. She is a bright student who loves science and mathematics. She is also good at drawing and singing.
- Storm Reid began acting at the age of three. She did a few television commercials before making her film debut in the 2012 short film ‘The Girls of Summer’. The following year, she starred as Emily in ‘12 Years a Slave’. The biographical period drama movie also starred Michael Fassbender, Paul Dano, Benedict Cumberbatch, Paul Giamatti, Sarah Paulson, Lupita Nyong'o, Alfre Woodard and Brad Pitt. That year, Reid also had roles in the short movie ‘The Spirit Game’ as well as in the television dramas ‘The Thundermans’ and ‘Adam DeVine's House Party’. This was followed by her guest roles in ‘NCIS: Los Angeles’ and ‘Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn’.
- In 2015, Reid featured in the movie ‘The Summoning.’ That year, she also starred opposite Paula Jai Parker in Rusty Cundieff’s ‘White Water’, the story of a young black boy in segregated 1963 Opelika, State of Alabama, who gets obsessed with the wish to have water from the "white's only" drinking fountain.
- In the year 2016, the actress had a major role in the movie "Gemma" which featured Anya Margolin and Isabella Margolin in the lead roles. The same year, Reid played Aki in ‘An American Girl: Lea to the Rescue’, a family-drama about an adventurous young girl who takes a trip to a Brazilian forest and finds a way to rescue her brother who had disappeared mysteriously. Also in 2016, Reid was cast as Sparkle in Ken Feinberg’s ‘Santa’s Boot Camp’ alongside other artists like Eric Roberts, Elijah Marcano, Kyla-Drew, Doug Kaye and William J. Harrison.
- In 2017, she featured as Tina Wolfe in the sci-fi drama ‘Sleight’. Focusing on a street magician in Los Angeles, the movie grossed $4 million worldwide against a $250,000 budget. This was followed by Reid’s role in the comedy-drama film ‘A Happening of Monumental Proportions’ where she played Patricia Crawford.
- In 2018, the young actress appeared in the sci-fi adventure flick ‘A Wrinkle in Time’. She then did the movies ‘Relive’ and ‘Killing Winston Jones’, both of which released in 2019.
- Storm Reid was born on July 1, 2003 in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, to Rodney and Robyn. She has an older brother named Josh as well as two elder sisters, Iman and Paris.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed