Stephen James Hendry Biography
Stephen James Hendry is a British model and ex-footballer. He started playing football for youth clubs at a young age and eventually played in the 'Coca Cola Football League I'. He also played for ‘AFC Wimbledon’ and ‘Nea Salamis Famagusta’ before playing internationally for Scotland in the Under 18 team. He smoothly transitioned from soccer to modeling after being scouted by Elite Model Management in Barcelona. Stephen James Hendry has worked for top brands and fashion designers including Calvin Klein, Diesel, Philipp Plein, Takeshy Kurosawa, XTI, GQ, Men's Health Magazine and many others. Apart from Elite Model Management, Hendry is also associated with Storm Modeling Agency, I Love Models and Wilhelmina Models. He is also quite popular on Instagram with over 2.2 million followers on his channel ‘whoiselijah’. He uses the channel to promote latest fashion trends, a healthy lifestyle and his passion for boxing and football. James is also incredibly famous for his tattoos all over his body, which include portraits of icons and even Queen Elizabeth II.
- Stephen James Hendry started playing soccer at an early age when he was made a part of the youth team of ‘Queens Park Rangers’ in 2005. He remained in the club until 2006, before moving on to ‘Brentford’. In 2008, he was selected to be a part of the young talent development system at ‘AFC Wimbledon’. Between 2008 and 2009, he made seven professional appearances for the Cypriot First Division side ‘Nea Salamis Famagusta’. His performance was better than average and Greece club ‘Asteras Tripolis’ named him to be a part of their 28-player team in July 2010. However, Hendry failed to win a contract with the team and soon moved to Barcelona to play club soccer. In 2012, he got injured which led to the end of his football career.
- With Scottish heritage from his father’s side, Stephen also played for Scotland Under 18 team. He was called up in October 2007, to be part of the team participating in an international tournament in France. James made his international debut in the second match against France when he replaced Michael Graham in the 65th minute. He made his second appearance as part of the starting team in a 1-1 draw match against the United States of America. He was substituted in the 71st minute and this marked his second and last appearance for Scotland.
- Stephen James Hendry had been approached by modeling agencies many times but it was only after he got injured in Barcelona that he started thinking of it. He was scouted by the Elite Model Management Agency in September 2012. He quickly made his mark in front of the camera due to his incredibly sculpted physique. Although he had numerous tattoos including life-like portraits of icons like Frida Kahlo, Robert Smith from the Cure, religious idols, paintings by Salvador Dali, and patterns, these only helped him to stand apart from others and made him an overnight sensation.
- He soon caught the eye of iconic brands like Calvin Klein, Diesel, and Philipp Plein who signed him to feature in their campaigns. His impressive resume also includes working for GQ Germany, GQ Spain, Sik Silk, Men’s Health Magazine, Adon Magazine, El Pais Semanal, and Windsor Smith. Besides being signed to ‘Elite Model Management Agency’ (Paris, Barcelona, Copenhagen), the British model also works for ‘I Love Models’ (Milan), ‘Storm Modeling Agency’ (London), and ‘Wilhelmina Models’ (New York, Los Angeles). He has also been part of Madonna’s MDNA skin care range campaign in 2017.
- He is also a massive social media celebrity having gained over 2.2. million followers on his Instagram account. He initially started it as a joke but Russian singer Victoria Daineko, spotted him and asked him to be part of her music video. This changed his attitude towards social media and he has since been able to use it increase his star status.
- Stephen James Hendry was born in London, England, on December 4, 1990. He is an incredibly shy human being in spite of being in the spotlight and has kept his personal life secret. His father is Scottish and his mother is Israeli. He is Jewish by religion and has a pet dog named ‘baloo’.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed