Coleen Garcia Biography
Nick Name: Danielle Claudine Ortega García
Sun Sign: Libra
Born in: Mandaluyong , Philippines
Famous as: Actress
father: Jose Garcia
mother: Maripaz Ortega
education: Southville International School and Colleges
Coleen Garcia is a Filipino actress, commercial model, and TV host. She became famous for hosting the noontime TV show 'It's Showtime' broadcast worldwide by ABS-CBN channel. She hosted the show from 2012 till January 2016. Apart from hosting TV shows, Coleen is famous for her acting talents also. She gained much acclaim for her role as Janna in Gino M. Santos' direction’ #Y,’ a psychological film concerning youth. Her portrayal of Janine in ABS-CBN and Star Cinema production’s film ‘Love Me Tomorrow' elevated her acting career to newer heights. Her sizzling beauty, acting skills, and bikini modeling assignments have won her millions of fans on various social media networks worldwide.
- Coleen Garcia’s modeling career began in 1995 when she appeared on a Johnson & Johnson commercial along with her model mother as a child of just two years. When she was only nine years old, she endorsed the brand Just G, the teens line for Gingersnaps. Later she also signed as an image model for BNY. In her teens she signed modeling contracts with FMCG giants like Splash Corporation for 'SkinWhite', Green Cross Inc. for 'Lewis & Pearl ScentShop Cologne' and Nestlé for 'Nestea'. At the age of nineteen, she signed agreement with ABS-CBN’s Star Magic group of talents.
- Coleen Garcia debuted as an actress in the episode ‘School I.D.’ of ABS-CBN's longest running TV drama show in Philippines, ‘Maalaala Mo Kaya.’ She also appeared in ABS-CBN's other tele-serials like ‘My Binondo Girl,’ ‘Good Vibes,’ ‘Wanaspanataym,’ ‘Oka Tokat,’ and ‘Little Champ.’ The next big surge in her career graph came with co-hosting ABS-CBN's 'It's Showtime' in 2012 with her future boyfriend Billy Crawford. This conferred upon her a massive career boost. She received the Best Reality/Game Show Host award at the 26th PMPC Star Awards in 2012.
- In 2013, she acted in a movie 'She's the One' produced by Star Cinema. In 2014, she appeared in a movie named ‘#Y,’ for which she was nominated as the New Movie Actress of the Year at the 31st PMPC Star Awards for Movies. Her portrayal of Monique Castillejo in ABS-CBN's ‘Good Vibes,’ a teenage life drama, showcased her acting genius. She won the Candy Magazine's Reader's choice award in 2015. The same year, she was ranked 12th in FHM Philippines’ 100 Sexiest women. In the meantime, she continued co-hosting 'It's Showtime' till January 2016, after which she decided to retire from TV hosting and focus more on her acting career. Around this period, she appeared in the movies 'Ex with Benefits' (1015), 'Love Me Tomorrow' (2016) and 'Extra Service' (2017).
- Coming to her online popularity, she enjoys a fan following of 2.41 million on Twitter and 3.2 million on Instagram.
- Coleen Garcia was born on September 24, 1992, in Mandaluyong city in Philippines. She is of Spanish-Filipino lineage. Her full name, Danielle Claudine Coleen Ortega Garcia, is quite long as is common with people of Spanish origin. Her father Jose Garcia's ancestral home is in Barcelona, Spain and her mother Maripaz Ortega is a Filipino by birth. She is the eldest of the three children in her family; she has a younger brother and a sister. Her parents divorced when she was nine.
- Coleen did her early schooling from Southville International School and Colleges in Las Pinas and moved on to finish her high school from Veritas Parochial School. She was also the editor-in-chief for her high school paper 'The Wire' and chosen to be a member of the school's student council. After completing her schooling, she took admission again in Southville International School and Colleges in 2015 to pursue her higher education with psychology as a major in a study program named 'Blended Learning'.
- She met her dream man Billy Crawford on the sets of 'It's Showtime' in 2012 and started dating him from 2014. They got engaged in December 2016 and plan to get married in 2018. Although she is ten years younger to Billy, she feels that age is no bar in love.
- Her father is currently dating TV celebrity Karla Estrada. Jose Garcia went on a date with Karla on the premiere of Coleen's movie 'Love Me Tomorrow'. Coleen's reaction is positive and she is happy to see her father in a relationship again.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed