Sonni Pacheco Biography
Sonni Pacheco is a Canadian actress who is known for her performance in films like ‘American Pie Presents: The Book of Love’ and ‘The Wingman’. She started her career as a model and later entered the film industry. Over the course of her career, she has traveled to numerous countries across the world for her modeling and acting assignments. While she was moderately popular as a model cum actress, it was only after getting married to the American actor Jeremy Lee Renner that she gained mainstream fame. Pacheco filed for a divorce just ten months into their marriage, citing irreconcilable differences with Renner. She also demanded the sole custody of their daughter, later settling for a shared custody with her ex-husband. Their bitter divorce battle made it to the tabloids and the couple became a hot topic of discussion in the gossip columns of publications.
- Sonni Pacheco was born in Pitt Meadows, Canada. According to her, she grew up on a farm where she had the company of many domesticated animals. No other detail about her childhood and early life is available.
- Sonni Pacheco started her career as a model in Canada. After being dissatisfied with the way her career was shaping up, she decided to try other things and left for Mexico. For a while, she worked in a hotel resort, selling timeshares. However, she soon decided to resume her modeling career as modeling was her true passion. She started to work as a lingerie model and was made a spokesperson for the Monster Energy Drinks as well. She also appeared as the ‘Splendid Wet T-Shirt Girl’ in the film ‘American Pie Presents: The Book of Love’ by John Putch in 2009.
- Sonni Pacheco met actor Jeremy Renner on the sets of the American action spy film ‘Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol’. The two started dating and later Pacheco gave birth to a daughter in 2013. In between, she appeared in Jim Garrison’s comedy flick ‘The Wingman’.
- Pacheco and Renner got married on January 13, 2014. However, the couple decided to keep the affair to themselves to protect the family’s privacy. Renner revealed the secret during a promotional event of his film ‘Kill the Messenger’. A couple of months before their first marriage anniversary, Pacheco filed for a divorce from Renner. She stated that there were “irreconcilable differences” between the two. It is presumed that the huge age gap between Pacheco and Renner could have also contributed to the split.
- The divorce was finalized in 2015. The couple shares the custody of their daughter. Renner agreed to pay a sum of $13,000 a month for child support to Pacheco. However, in 2016, Pacheco approached the court stating that Renner owed her almost $50,000 in child support. To this, Renner mentioned that the divorce and the constant pressure from Pacheco for more money for childcare had taken a toll on his mental and physical health. The versatile actor also talked about how he suffered from lack of sleep due to the turn of the events surrounding the divorce with Pacheco.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed