Jeremy Renner Biography
Sun Sign: Capricorn
Also Known As: Jeremy Lee Renner
Born in: Modesto, California
Famous as: Actor
Spouse/Ex-: Sonni Pacheco (m. 2014–2015)
father: Lee Renner
mother: Valerie Cearley
U.S. State: California
Jeremy Renner is an American actor known for his work in movies like the independent films ‘Dahmer’ and ‘Neo Ned.’ He has also appeared in many big-budgeted films, such as ‘28 Weeks Later’, ‘S.W.A.T.,’ ‘The Town’ and ‘The Hurt Locker’. His portrayal of Hawkeye in the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies ‘Thor,’ ‘The Avengers’ and ‘Captain America: Civil War’ was much appreciated by the critics. The actor had a turbulent childhood as his parents divorced when he was young. He was emotionally affected by his parents’ separation yet he managed to overcome this difficult phase by focusing on the positive aspects of his life. He attended Beyer High School and graduated from Modesto Junior College. He explored a variety of subjects including criminology, computer science, and psychology before studying theater. His strength as an actor is derived from his capability of thoroughly embodying the roles he plays. His expressive eyes add to the depth of his character portrayal. Renner maintains a sense of gratitude and humility despite being highly successful in the industry. Talented and hardworking, he has won various awards for his works.
- Jeremy Renner made his film debut with the 1995 movie ‘National Lampoon's Senior Trip.’ After this, he went on to make guest appearances in the TV programs ‘Deadly Games’ and ‘Strange Luck’. In the next few years, he had guest roles in the shows ‘Zoe, Duncan, Jack & Jane’, ‘Time of Your Life’, ‘The Net’, ‘Angel’ and ‘CSI: Crime Scene Investigation’. During the early days of his career, Renner also worked as a makeup artist.
- In 2002, he played the role of a serial killer named Jeffrey Dahmer in ‘Dahmer’. The following year, he appeared in Pink's music video for the song "Trouble". That year, the actor also did the flick ‘S.W.A.T.’. Soon after this, he was cast in the drama film ‘The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things’. Then in 2005, he starred in ‘Little Trip to Heaven’ and also had roles in the movies ‘12 and Holding’, ‘North Country’, ‘Neo Ned’ and ‘Lords of Dogtown’.
- He starred alongside Ginnifer Goodwin in the flick ‘Love Comes to the Executioner’ in 2006. Renner next appeared in a supporting role in ‘The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford’ the following year. He got featured in the films ‘28 Weeks Later’ and ‘Take’ in 2007. In 2008, he appeared in an episode of ‘The Oaks’. That year, he also achieved critical appreciation for his portrayal of bomb disposal professional, Sergeant William James in the war movie ‘The Hurt Locker’. The actor played Detective Jason Walsh in the TV series ‘The Unusuals’ 2009.
- He appeared in a supporting role in ‘The Town’ alongside Blake Lively and Jon Hamm in 2010. Then in 2012, he starred as Hawkeye in ‘The Avengers’. That year, Renner also appeared in the fourth flick in the “Bourne” franchise titled ‘The Bourne Legacy’. He was featured in the movies ‘The Immigrant’, ‘Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters’ and ‘American Hustle’ in 2013.
- In October 2014, he co-produced and played journalist Gary Webb in ‘Kill the Messenger’. In December that year, he served as an executive producer for the flick ‘The Throwaways’. Soon after, he reprised his role as Hawkeye in ‘The Avengers’ sequel titled ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’. In July 2015, Renner was seen in ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation’. The following year, he got featured in ‘Captain America: Civil War’ and ‘Arrival’. In 2017, the actor played Cory Lambert in the murder-mystery ‘Wind River’ and had a cameo role as Tommy Papouli in the comedy flick 'The House'. He then appeared in the movie ‘Tag’ in 2018.
- Jeremy Renner was born on January 7, 1971 in Modesto, California, the United States to Lee Renner and Valerie Cearley. He has six siblings. He is of mixed English, German, Scottish, Swedish, Irish and Panamanian descent. He was first educated at Fred C. Beyer High School and later studied computer science and criminology from Modesto Junior College.
- Coming to Renner’s love life, he got married to Canadian model Sonni Pacheco in January 2014. However, in December that year, Pacheco filed for divorce from the actor, citing irreconcilable differences. The couple has a daughter named Ava Berlin, whose custody they share.
- The actor also runs a house-renovating company along with fellow actor and best friend, Kristoffer Winters. Renner is trained in Arnis (Filipino martial arts) and Muay Thai martial arts.
- His youngest brother was born in the year 2011, making Renner a new big brother at the age of 40!
|2013||Best Fight||The Avengers (2012)|
How To Cite
People Also Viewed