Sky Brown Biography
Sky Brown is a talented young skateboarder from Japan who participated in the 2016 Vans US Open Pro Series, becoming the youngest ever girl to compete in the event. She has earned a lot of attention within a short time, all because of her impeccable skateboarding skills at such a young age! She started skateboarding the age of three after seeing her father doing it. It didn’t take her long to pick up the skills she needed to participate in competitive events. Besides being a skateboarder, the young girl is also a talented dancer who can pull off some amazing dance moves. In 2018, Brown took part in the dance television show, ‘Dancing with the Stars: Juniors,’ which she ended up winning. The talented skateboarder from Miyazaki is now working hard to earn a place in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- Sky Brown was just three years old when she saw her father performing tricks with a skateboard and she immediately fell in love with the amazing sport!
- She started trying her feet on the skateboard as soon as she got hold of one. Inherently talented in the sport, she didn’t take long to learn it properly. She then started trying different tricks on it and kept getting better with time. Besides her father, there were a few other female skateboarders like Leticia Bufoni and Alana Smith who inspired her as a kid.
- At the age of eight, Sky Brown became the youngest skateboarder to participate in the Vans US Open Pro Series in 2016. She has a younger brother named Ocean who is also turning heads with his skills on the skateboard. Sky Brown appeared in the American children's dance competition television series ‘Dancing with the Stars: Juniors’ in 2018. She was mentored by Alan Bersten and went on to win the series.
- After the word of her fearless skateboarding spread like wildfire on social media, she began to receive requests for interviews from various publications. She has also earned an impressive fan following across various platforms of social media, including Instagram.
- In an interview with ‘Teen Vogue,’ Brown expressed her desire to feature in the ‘X Games’ and the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. She has signed a deal with the iconic skate brand, Tech Deck. Apart from appearing in the Vans US Open Pro Series, Brown has also participated in the Asian Vans Park Series Championship in Singapore where she finished second.
- Sky Brown was born in Miyazaki, Japan on July 12, 2008. She has a younger brother named Ocean who is also crazy about skateboarding just like her! She is a huge fan of the singers Nicki Minaj and Sia and likes to listen to their music while practicing. She wants the girls all over the world to take up different kinds of sports and hopes to inspire others to take up skateboarding.
- She has traveled to different countries to participate in skateboard competitions. She wants to learn other things like music and climbing too. It goes without saying that she is a remarkable kid with a big heart and is sure to reach even greater heights of fame in the coming years.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed