Bam Margera Biography
Sun Sign: Libra
Also Known As: Brandon Cole
Born in: West Chester
Height: 1.73 m
U.S. State: Pennsylvania
education: East High School
Brandon Cole ‘Bam’ Margera is an American reality television and movie star, a professional skateboarder, radio personality and a prominent part of MTV. He was born and brought up in West Chester, Pennsylvania. He got his nickname ‘Bam’ from banging into walls when he was a little boy and later when he gained professional success, he changed his legal name to it. While he was still a teenager, Margera started shooting amateur videos with his friends while doing stunts on skateboard and going on exciting missions. These videos were later produced by him as an independent video series called ‘CKY’ series. With the success of these independent videos, Margera was offered to be a part of the show on MTV called ‘Jackass’. Margera started gaining more and more popularity with the young audience, which led to the production of 3 ‘Jackass’ movies. He did many other reality movies like ‘Bam’s Unholy Union’, ‘Haggard’, etc. and had his own show on MTV titled ‘Viva La Bam’. He is the creator of many independent reality movies and owns his own bar called ‘The Note’. He is the writer of the book called ‘Serious as Dog Dirt’, which includes his personal experiences, writings and pictures. He is part of a professional skateboarding team, the ‘Team Element’.
- Bam Margera was born on 28 September 1979 in West Chester, Pennsylvania to Phil Margera and April Margera. He a brother called Jess Margera and a famous nephew called Vincent Margera.
- He was nicknamed by his grandfather as ‘Bam’ as he had a habit of running into walls when he was three years old. He went to the East High School and was not much interested in going to school.
- Since he was an adolescent, Margera started to shoot amateur videos of himself and his friends skateboarding together, having a good time and doing dangerous stunts. These videos were later made into CKY video series.
- He released a lot of these CKY series independently. CKY is an abbreviated version of ‘Camp Kill Yourself’. These videos portrayed him as well as a bunch of his friends, Ryan Dunn, Brandon DiCamillo, Rake Yohn, Chris Raab, etc.
- His CKY video series became very famous which eventually bagged him a role in the production by the famous editor from Big Brother, Jeff Tremaine, called MTV’S Jackass. Margera and Ryan Dunn became the main leads of the cast.
- After this Margera bagged the role in three ‘Jackass’ movies from 2002-2010 - ‘Jackass: The Movie’, ‘Jackass Number Two’ and ‘Jackass 3D’. These were a series of reality movies, an extension of the MTV’s Jackass.
- After the huge popularity of ‘Jackass’, Margera was handed over his own MTV series called ‘Viva La Bam’, from 2003-2005. It was a spin off from MTV’s Jackass and had all of Margera’s friends and family casted in it.
- In 2003, Margera joined the ‘Team Element’, which is the demonstration team for the ‘Element Skateboards’. In the same year, he co-wrote, acted and directed the movie called ‘Haggard’
- The show kept its initial theme alive and showed Margera and his friends doing various stunts and visited New Orleans, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Mexico, Brazil, Amsterdam, Finland, etc. for its shooting. It had a special episode called ‘Viva La Spring Break’.
- In 2007, Margera was filmed for a reality movie called ‘Bam’s Unholy Union’ when he was to get married to his fianc�e Melissa Rothstein. It showed him and his fianc�e planning the wedding along with all the other crew members of the CKY.
- During the late 2000s, Margera appeared in one of the pornographic films by Gina Lynn called ‘The Fantasstic Whores 4’, which featured him in a non-sexual role. He also did ‘Nitro Circus’, which was a sports TV series.
- Around the same time he opened his bar cum theatre called ‘The Note’ in West Chester, Pennsylvania. He also released a book that contains his private writings and pictures called ‘Serious as Dog Dirt’.
- He is an animated character in Tony Hawk’s video games, like: ‘Proving Ground’, ‘Project 8’, ‘American Wasteland’, etc. He co-created a television series called ‘Bam’s World Domination’ and made a special appearance in ‘Loiter Squad’ in 2012.
- Margera was engaged to Jenn Rivell and she appeared alongside him in many episodes of ‘Viva La Bam’. Their relationship ended in 2005 and a year later Margera was in news for filing ‘Protection From Abuse’ after Rivell broke into his house.
- In 2006, Margera got engaged to Melissa ‘Missy’ Rothstein, who was a childhood friend of his. The couple appeared on ‘Bam’s Unholy Union’, a reality series showing the whole planning and execution of their wedding.
- The couple got divorced in 2012 after Margera was admitted into hospital when he fell sick after a four-day alcohol binging. They got divorced on the grounds that Missy got to know about his girlfriends in San Francisco and West Chester.
- Before getting divorced, Margera and Missy were living in separate cities and Missy saw him only once in a week.
- Margera went through legal procedure to change his name legally to ‘Bam’ from ‘Brandon’.
- Margera lives in a gothic themed house in Pennsylvania celled ‘Castle Bam’.
- Margera was attacked in front of his bar called ‘The Note’ with a baseball bat. The alleged attacker Elizabeth Ray claimed that she never attacked him although he used the ‘n-word’ to refer to her.
- Margera suffered from injuries while he was kayaking off a cliff.
- He is the creator of a weekly satellite radio show called ‘Bam Radio’. The show featured him with his CKY crew.
Bam Margera Movies
1. Jackass Number Two (2006)
(Comedy, Documentary, Action)
2. Jackass 3D (2010)
(Documentary, Action, Comedy)
3. Jackass: The Movie (2002)
(Comedy, Documentary, Action)
4. Haggard (2003)
5. Grind (2003)
(Comedy, Sport, Adventure)
How To Cite
People Also Viewed