Skai Jackson has been a part of the entertainment industry for her entire life. Starting off as a baby model, today she is a Disney actress and her growth can be witnessed through her social media platforms. Just 14 years old and this actress has 2.7 million followers on her ‘Instagram’ account! Getting a lot of appreciation for acting, memes and her hair, she has inspired a Marvel character, Riri Williams, the new Iron Man. Confirming it, Mike Deodato Jr, comic book artist, tweeted “Riri Williams was based on the beautiful young actress @Skai Jackson”. Skai’s love for fashion has grown with years and it can be clearly seen on her social media platforms, award functions or any red carpet event. Her future plans include owning a fashion line, or working with a major fashion company and getting into directing and producing. Doing few dramatic films also lines up in her wish list.
- Skai started her career at a very young age. She was just nine months old when she first appeared on the small screen. Having started as a baby model, she used to appear on different commercials and had done plenty of photoshoots at that period itself.At nine, she was asked to be active on social media accounts to promote her first show, ‘Jessie’ on Disney channel. Being an active member on social media sites helped the world to witness her graceful growth both as an actor and a model.In an interview for ‘The Project For Women’, Skai was asked how passionate is she about acting. To this she quoted “I always had a passion for acting since I was four years old”. Skai exactly knew that this is what she wanted to do, she even mentioned on the shows ‘The Cosby Show’ and ‘This Is So Raven’ that as a young girl, she made the decision that acting is something that she wants to do for the rest of her life.Skai was just three years old when she entered the big screen. Her first movie was ‘Liberty Kid’ in the year 2007. After that she was seen in many other movies which include ‘Rescue Me’, ‘The Rebound’, ‘Arthur’ and ‘The Smurfs’. She has also appeared in different television series such as ‘Royal Pains’, ‘Sesame Street’, and Boardwalk Empire’. She has also voiced the character of ‘Isa the lguana’ from the cartoon’ Dora The Explorer’.‘Jessie’, a sitcom of Disney channel was the breakthrough of her career. ‘Jessie’ was aired on the ‘Disney channel’ in the year 2011. She later appeared on ‘Bunk’d’ a spinoff of ‘Jessie’ during the year 2015.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:What Makes Skai Jackson So Special
- Skai has inspired many to embrace themselves and believe in being who they are and never giving up. In one of the interviews, she mentioned about how she was bullied for being short. This young star also advised every kid who faces any act of bully to talk to an adult and to stand up for themselves. Neither did bullying nor did her ethnicity stop her from achieving what she has dreamed of.Skai had faith in herself and her capabilities, she was always confident and knew something or the other would work out for her. She developed passion for acting and fashion at a very young age and today she has conquered both. Her growth was no secret, her fans and everyone else in the world has seen how graciously she has transformed. Just 14 years old and she has scorched every red carpet event she has ever attended. Like many other girls, Sarah Jessica Parker; the actress known for her role as Carrie Bradshaw in ‘Sex and the City’, inspires her too.This Disney actress also had to face the rage of her haters, but she managed all of this and emerged out of it like a boss! People made a meme of one of her photos that she had uploaded on her ‘Instagram’ account. At first it took her by surprise, but then the unexpected happened, she uploaded those memes herself and described them as funny. “We turned her into a meme and she left us all screaming her damn name. Slay, SKAI JACKSON” was tweeted by Janet Monk, an American writer. We couldn’t agree any more, Skai carved her way through her haters’ minds too.Recommended Lists:
Recommended Lists:Beyond Fame
- Skai is not only known for her beauty, acting or the revolution she is creating in the fashion industry. She stands for the right cause too and is courageous enough to point out the wrong. Skai hit the headlines when she slammed Azealia Banks, an American singer, for her tweets.Azealia made a racist and homographic comment on Zayn Malik, former member of ‘One Direction’, to which Skai replied by tweeting “Azealia Banks needs to simmer down a little”. This initiated the twitter war between the two. Azealia then replied to it and again made a racist comment saying “You know they (Disney Channel) don’t like girls of your color. Enjoy while it lasts”. She also added “ur mom’s been pumping you out to Disney since you were a lil girl. let’s see what you end up like at 21. Bye!”To this tweet Skai replied “I had a career before Disney and I’m sure I will after. And I’m sure I won’t turn out like you bitter and miserable!” She also added “you give black women a bad name. I’ll be praying for you.” Skai also tweeted saying that she has a class that is higher than hers.The point where Skai mentioned about a having a class higher than Azealia’s is very true. Making a racist comment or rant is offensive; not only did she raise her voice against this crime but also taught a lesson to stand up for anything that you feel is wrong.Personal Life
- Skai Jackson was born on 8 April 2002, in New York City, to Jacob Jackson and Kiya Cole. Her parents are divorced but she stays with her mother Kiya. Skai also has two siblings, a sister and brother whose names are not revealed. Her mother also handles a ‘YouTube’ channel named ‘kiyacole1’ that has more than 11K subscribers and Kiya has featured Skai in one of her videos.
1. The Rebound (2009)
2. G.I. Joe: Retaliation (2013)
(Sci-Fi, Adventure, Action, Thriller)
3. Arthur (2011)
How To CiteArticle Title- Skai Jackson BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/skai-jackson-7922.phpLast Updated- January 14, 2018
People Also Viewed