Lee Seung-hyun, popularly known by his stage name Seungri, is a well-known South Korean singer, songwriter, and actor. He gained prominence as a member of the popular boy band 'Big Bang'. With the release of seven studio albums, the band has gained huge popularity worldwide, and is one of the best selling boy bands in the world. Seungri came to the limelight as a singer after the release of his band's second album 'Remember'. The album not only helped the band gain recognition, but it also won them the 'Seoul Music Award'. Seungri's single ‘Strong Baby’ also received much appreciation. Also an actor, he made his theatrical debut with the musical ‘Sonagi.’ Later he made his film debut with a main role in the film 'Nineteen'. He portrayed a nineteen-year-old boy who is accused of a murder he didn't commit. He also played an important role in the TV series 'Angel Eyes'. As a solo artiste, Seungri has released two Extended Plays 'VVIP' and 'Let's Talk About Love'. Both the EPs were major hits.
- Lee Seung-hyun was born on 12th December 1990 in Gwangju, South Korea. He developed a passion for dancing at an early age.As a young boy, he appeared in the reality TV show 'Let's Coke Play! Battle Shinhwa', which helped him enter the entertainment industry. Due to his appearance in the show, he was invited to audition for the boy band 'Big Bang'.Continue Reading BelowRecommended Lists:
- Seungri got selected for Big Bang along with fellow members G-Dragon, T.O.P, Taeyang, and Daesung. Shortly after the band was formed, their first studio album ‘Big Bang Vol.1- Since 2007' was released in 2006. It contained Seungri's first solo song ‘The Next Day.’The following year, the group released their first extended play 'Always'. The song 'Lies' became a huge hit and topped the charts in the country for weeks. The band eventually won the 'Song of the Year' award at the 9th Mnet Korean Music Festival for the song.After the success of the first EP, Seungri, along with the rest of the band, began to work on the second one. Their second EP ‘Hot Issue’ was released in November the same year.The band’s popularity grew with the release of their third EP 'Stand Up.’ The single 'Day to Day' became a huge hit, becoming one of the band's most popular singles.In 2008, Seungri also began his acting career, with a role in the musical ‘Sonagi’. The same year, the band also released their second album ‘Remember’. It was a huge success, and it won Big Bang the ‘Seoul Music Award’.In 2009, Seungri made his film debut, playing a main role in the South Korean-Japanese film ‘Nineteen’. He also appeared in the film ‘Why Did You Come to My House?’In order to establish an identity apart from ‘Big Bang’, Seungri released his first solo EP ‘VVIP’ in 2011. It had two singles ‘VVIP’ and ‘What Can I Do’. Meanwhile, he also played minor roles in several TV shows such as ‘Haru’ (2010) and ‘Lights and Shadows’ (2011).Continue Reading BelowIn 2013, he released his second solo EP ‘Let’s Talk About Love’. It was a huge success and topped multiple charts. The following year, he played a significant role in the TV series ‘Angel Eyes’. The show was an average success, and was nominated for multiple awards, out of which it won one.The band’s third studio album ‘Made’ was released in 2016. It was a commercial success. It reached the 172nd position on the US Billboard 200. It also topped several charts. The same year, a documentary film ‘Big Bang Made’, was also released by the band. It centered on the struggles of the members and their journey since the formation of the band.Seungri’s latest appearance on the big screen was in the 2016 film ‘High & Low: The Movie’. In his career so far, he has also appeared in several variety shows, such as ‘Popular Women 100’ (2013) and ‘Girls Fighting’ (2016).Major Works
- Seungri’s most significant work on the big screen is undoubtedly his role in the 2009 film ‘Nineteen’. Directed by Jang-Yong Woo, the film revolves around three nineteen-year-olds, who are accused of murder, and therefore, forced to run away. However, later they team up together and decide to find the real murderer and clear their names. Along with Seungri, other actors in the film included T.O.P. (Choi-Seung hun), Huh E-jae, Kim Young-ho and Lee Young-beom.His role in the TV series ‘Angel Eyes’ can be regarded as his most important work in his television career. The series aired from April to June 2014. Directed by Park Shin woo, the series revolved around a man and a blind woman who love each other but are forced to separate because of unfortunate circumstances in their families. The two reunite after several years, though the woman is not able to recognize her former lover.‘Let’s Talk About Love’, Seungri’s second EP, is his most successful work in his solo musical career till date. It included singles such as ‘Let’s Talk About Love’, ‘Gotta Talk To You’ and ‘Come to My’. It peaked at the 4th position on the Japanese Albums Chart, and at 1st position on the South Korean Weekly Albums Chart.‘Made’, the third studio album by Seungri’s group ‘Big Bang’, is the band’s most successful work till date. The album was a huge commercial success, and stood at the 1st position on several charts. It also peaked at 172nd position on the US Billboard 200, and at first position on the US World Albums Charts. It sold more than six million copies in China. The album included singles such as ‘Let’s Not Fall in Love’, ‘Bang Bang Bang’, and ‘Sober’.Awards & Achievements
- Seungri, along with his band, has been nominated for 171 awards so far, out of which they have won 121 including four Korean Music Awards, seven Golden Disk Awards, ten Seoul Music Awards, one YouTube Music Award, and many others.The band won Artist of the Year award at the 2008 Mnet Korean Music Festival and the 2008 Seoul Music Awards.Personal Life
- There is not much known about Seungri’s dating life. However, recently in 2017 there have been rumors about him dating one of his Chinese fans.
Pictures of SeungriPrevious NextImage Credithttps://www.soompi.com/2016/07/16/bigbangs-seungri-apologizes-sleeping-behavior-china/Image Credithttps://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/08/seungri-and-yg-employee-also-sue-reporter-k-ks-side-speaks-upImage Credithttp://www.koreaboo.com/news/bigbang-seungri-invest-dr-gloderm/
How To CiteArticle Title- Seungri BiographyAuthor- Editors, TheFamousPeople.comWebsite- TheFamousPeople.comURL- https://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/seungri-34314.phpLast Updated- October 10, 2017
People Also Viewed