Sebastian Lletget Biography
Sun Sign: Virgo
Also Known As: Sebastian Francisco Lletget
Born in: San Francisco, California, United States
Famous as: American soccer player
father: Francisco Lletget
mother: Sara Lletget
U.S. State: California
Sebastian Lletget, who was born Sebastian Francisco Lletget, is an American soccer player who plays for LA Galaxy as a midfielder in Major League Soccer. Sebastian has also represented the USMNT’s (United States Men’s National Team) at U-17, U-23, and U-23 levels. His professional career as a footballer took off when he was selected as a member of the team of Sporting Santa Clara, one of the oldest US youth soccer clubs based in Silicon Valley. It was while playing for Sporting Santa Clara that his raw skills were noticed and appreciated by scouts representing the International Academy of West Ham United FC, a soccer club based in East London, England. Thereafter, he signed up with West Ham United, relocating to England, and stayed with the soccer club for five years but hardly got any opportunities to take the field as part of the 11-member squad. Lletget came back to the US and was picked up by Los Angeles Galaxy, the professional soccer franchise based in Carson, California. Sebastian has also been a member of the U-17, U-20, and U-23 national teams and debuted for the US Men’s National Team in a match against Serbia in 2017.
- Sebastian Lletget received his first major break as a professional footballer when he was chosen by Sporting Santa Clara youth soccer club to represent its team in the US under-17 residency program. His next opportunity to further his career came when he caught the eye of West Ham United FC International Academy’s scouts.
- Lletget made the move to England in 2009 and signed his debut professional deal with West Ham United FC the following year in September. However, he did not play a single match in the 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2013-14, and 2014-15 seasons of EPL (English Premier League).
- He mostly participated in warm-up games and pre-season friendly fixtures for the entire period he was contracted to West Ham. In the 2012-13 season of EPL, he was selected as a substitute in four games but never took the field. His suffering from mononucleosis further dampened his chances of making appearances.
- At the end of the 2012-13 Premier League season, Sebastian extended his contract with West Ham for two subsequent seasons. However, the one and only time he played was in a FA Cup fixture against Nottingham Forest on 5th January 2014 which West Ham lost humiliatingly (0-5).
- Following his return to the US in 2015, he was contracted by Los Angeles Galaxy on 8th May in that very year. He took the field for the first time against Orlando City SC on 17th May when he substituted Mika Vayrynen. LA Galaxy lost the game 4 goals to nil.
- Lletget represented LA Galaxy II, taking the kickoff against Colorado Springs on 30th May 2015. LA Galaxy won the tie by 2 goals to 1. He debuted for the A-team on 13th June, against Columbus Crew where he netted the match’s first goal that was also his debut goal for LA Galaxy.
- He scored a goal against PSA Elite in a Lamar Hunt US Open Cup fixture on 17th June 2015 that resulted in a win for his team. Three days later, he scored against Philadelphia Union in his 3rd consecutive match, and also scored against Portland Timbers on 24th June.
- Sebastian scored two goals against La Máquina FC in the US Open Cup’s 4th round when the match went into extra time. He repeated his performance in the quarter finals of the US Open, against Seattle Sounders that enabled LA Galaxy to make it to the semis.
- He was the 2nd highest goal scorer for LA Galaxy in the 2015 season, scoring a total of seven goals and setting up two. Out of the 20 appearances he made in 2015, he kicked off 17 games. He twice qualified for the ‘MLS Team of the Week’.
- In his appearances for LA Galaxy for the 2016 MLS season, he was one of the seven footballers to play for more than 2,000 minutes. However, he netted only one goal in the entire season but helped set up eight goals and was eligible for the MLS Team of the Week once.
- Sebastian Lletget has appeared for the US national squad several times, playing in FIFA U-17 and U-20 World Cup matches and also in Olympic Soccer Tournament fixtures. Bruce Arena, USMNT’s coach selected him for the first squad in 2017 to play in qualifying matches for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- Lletget debuted for USMNT in the game against Serbia on 29th January 2017 and netted his debut goal for the national squad while playing against Honduras on 24th March. He had to leave the field in the game against Honduras owing to a foot injury and will be benched for several months.
- Sebastian Lletget was born on 3rd September 1992 in San Francisco, California, to Francisco Lletget and Sara Lletget, who are of Argentine descent. Spending his early years in Northern California, he took to playing soccer at an early age.
- He has been in a steady relationship with a Mexican-American singer named Becky G since April 2016
How To Cite
People Also Viewed