Sawyer Sweeten Biography
Died At Age: 19
Sun Sign: Taurus
Born in: Brownwood, Texas
Famous as: Child Actor
father: Timothy Lynn Sweeten
mother: Elizabeth Anne Millsap
siblings: Claudia Sweeten, Elliette Sweeten, Emma Sweeten, Guiliana Sweeten, Jaymeson Sweeten, Madylin Sweeten, Maysa Sweeten, Sullivan Sweeten
place of death: Austin, Texas, United States
Cause of Death: Suicide
U.S. State: Texas
Sawyer Sweeten was an American child actor, best known for playing ‘Geoffrey Barone’ in the hit ‘CBS’ sitcom, ‘Everybody Loves Raymond.’ Blessed with a career that could have touched superstardom in Hollywood and a talent that could have reached its vantage point in a few years, Sawyer Sweeten left the film fraternity devastated when he committed suicide at a very young age. He was only 19 years old when he shot himself while visiting a family member in Texas in 2015. He starred in ‘Everybody Loves Raymond’ alongside his real-life twin brother, Sullivan, and elder sister, Madylin. He became a part of the sitcom when he was just 16 months old. His friends knew him as an anti-drug, shy, and quiet kid with good energy. Actor and comedian Ray Romano, Sawyer’s former co-star, thought Sawyer was a wonderful and sweet kid to have around. Doris Roberts, who played Sweeten’s grandmother in the sitcom, remembered him as a sweet young man. He had also appeared in an episode of ‘Even Stevens’ in 2000 and in the movie ‘Frank McKlusky, C.I’ in 2002.
- Sawyer Sweeten was born on May 12, 1995, in the state of Texas (Brownwood), US, to Timothy Sweeten and Elizabeth Millsap. Timothy was a screenwriter and film producer, best known for the documentary ‘The Seventh Man.’ Elizabeth Millsap was an actor.
- Sawyer had a twin brother, Sullivan, and an elder sister, Madylin. Sawyer also had a younger sister, Maysa. He also had four half-siblings, Emma, Guiliana, Elliette, and Jaymeson.
- When the twins were 6 months old, their parents decided to move from Texas to California. Immediately after this, the twins auditioned for ‘Everybody Loves Raymond’ and were selected.
- Soon, Los Angeles became their home. Sawyer was 16 months old when he first appeared in the sitcom with Sullivan and Madylin.
- Sawyer made his acting debut in ‘Everybody Loves Raymond.’ Its first episode was aired in 1996.
- Sawyer played the character of ‘Geoffrey Barone,’ one of the twin sons of the protagonist, ‘Ray,’ portrayed by Ray Romano, and ‘Debra,’ played by Patricia Heaton. George was just 1 year old when the show began. By the time the series finale was aired, George was 10 years old.
- His twin brother, Sullivan, played ‘Michael Barone,’ the identical twin brother of ‘Geoffrey.’ They appeared in 130 episodes, from the pilot to the finale.
- The series ran successfully for almost ten years. It ended in 2005, but its reruns are still aired on TV.
- Sawyer had also appeared in the TV show ‘Even Stevens’ in 2000. He played ‘Milton’ in the episode ‘All About Yvette.’
- Sawyer made his movie debut in ‘Frank McKlusky, C.I.’ in 2000, where he played the young ‘Frank McKlusky.’ This was also his only big-screen performance.
- Sweeten met a tragic end on April 25, 2015, when he shot himself with a gun in a family member’s home.
- A promising actor and performer, Sweeten gave up on his life too soon. While there was no obvious reason for the suicide, it was said that Sawyer was suffering from depression and sadness. His family and friends claimed that there were no definite signs of his depression.
- Sawyer had learning disabilities in school and suffered from ‘Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder’ (ADHD).Depressive tendencies ran in his family, and many of his family members were known to have been taking medicines for depression and other mental illnesses.
- Chele Knapp Robinette, his aunt, also worked in the film industry and lived in Texas with her husband and three children. Sawyer was vacationing at his aunt’s house in Texas with Sullivan when the incident took place.
- He shot himself at his aunt’s house. The incident took place in a room upstairs while the rest of the family was downstairs.
- The saddest part about his tragic death was that Sawyer was only 19 years old when he committed suicide. He was a few days short of turning 20. He could have been a superstar, had he not taken his own life.
- His show, ‘Everybody Loves Raymond’ achieved a total of 69 ‘Primetime Emmy’ nominations, and managed 15 wins.
- Sawyer, along with his twin brother, owned a house in Riverside, California. He made his last appearance in the 8th annual ‘TV Land Awards,' in 2010, with his siblings, Sullivan and Madylin.
- There is no information available about his love life, and it is not known whether he had a girlfriend.
How To Cite
People Also Viewed